What's new

speed pedelics are they as fun as it sounds?

Ca++

It seems a few have appeared since I was last building. Perhaps for jumping that battery location is a good to rotate the bike around. The downtube area usually makes better sense. The motors weight is also there so they must be thinking about exposure of these components to falls. Though that drive system isn't thinking about your leg. It still needs work. Though being an armchair critic is easy.
I just stumbled across the segway x260 dirt bike which looked good. For off grid, you could solar charge them. As do people with boats and even RV owners. It's good 'last mile' (or 10) transport. However there are problems. Nobody is fooled into thinking an electric dirt bike is legal anywhere. Then like cars, we get specs like 80 miles, and lots of power. However, you have to choose which of the two you want. The 80 miles segway is really 25 miles if you actually use it's power. 20 miles safely, if you never want to push it home. Just like cars.

Bikes are a certain size, with a certain size battery. The limitations are there. People try and sell us motorbike like performance promises, but it's always about the battery.

armedoldhippy

Veteran
Nobody is fooled into thinking an electric dirt bike is legal anywhere.
got way too many folks riding them here on trails with clearly marked signs "NO MOTORIZED VEHICLES ALLOWED!" but, they are all "special" and don't think the rules apply to them. i've had them tell me "i'm riding for exercise..." "yeah? i guess you get that by putting it back in the truck bed...because you sure as hell don't pedal it..."

Switcher56

Comfortably numb!
got way too many folks riding them here on trails with clearly marked signs "NO MOTORIZED VEHICLES ALLOWED!" but, they are all "special" and don't think the rules apply to them. i've had them tell me "i'm riding for exercise..." "yeah? i guess you get that by putting it back in the truck bed...because you sure as hell don't pedal it..."
Me, myself and I. That is the current culture!