What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Specs for the New Grow Room

Fixer

The three White Ice are looking good. I'm interested in the results of this next six plant Icarus run. They got a slow start sitting next to the flood table waiting for the last batch to finish. They are now under 750W of HPS light for the duration and the canopy is about six inches lower than the first two runs. :biggrin:

Fixer

The new lights are up and running. Second flood table and misc. plumbing fittings due next week. It's going to be interesting to see if the new lights solve my larffy bud problem.

Attachments

• IMG_3528.jpg
    IMG_3528.jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_3529.jpg
    IMG_3529.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_3526.jpg
    IMG_3526.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_3531.jpg
    IMG_3531.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 27

AgentPothead

Just this guy, ya know?
Hi Agent,

How have you been? Have anything started outside? :)
Good bro, surviving pandemic, as one does. No outside yet, got some clones inside bulking up. Prob get everybody outside end of may or beginning of june. Might throw some autoflowers in now and see how those turn out, would like an early harvest :D Hope you are doing well bro! The garden looks great. I love the whole room setup.

Fixer

Good bro, surviving pandemic, as one does. No outside yet, got some clones inside bulking up. Prob get everybody outside end of may or beginning of june. Might throw some autoflowers in now and see how those turn out, would like an early harvest :D Hope you are doing well bro! The garden looks great. I love the whole room setup.

Thanks Agent! I'm working away on the room. My technique still needs a lot of refinement. The quality of the Canna is subpar but I'll figure it out.:tiphat:

AgentPothead

Just this guy, ya know?
Thanks Agent! I'm working away on the room. My technique still needs a lot of refinement. The quality of the Canna is subpar but I'll figure it out.:tiphat:
Well, genetics is a large part of the quality part I think. You can grow mediocre genetics in the best quality possible but it will still be mediocre.

Fixer

Well, genetics is a large part of the quality part I think. You can grow mediocre genetics in the best quality possible but it will still be mediocre.

I appreciate the words of wisdom. The smoke's actually pretty good. The flowers are just not dense. I've had the same issue with five strains. I'm about to find out if the HPS lights are causing it. The first run of LED grown plants are going out under the new lights next week.:tiphat:

Just a suggestion from my own experiences (very similar to yours).. try handwatering, measuring run-off every day or so. I think you’ll get a much better feel for everything and be able to dial in your automated feed setup much better down the road. Automation is great, but there’s a lot going on behind the scenes that we don’t necessarily realize because at that point we are just observers.. you always learn more from hands on work ya dig?

Fixer

Just a suggestion from my own experiences (very similar to yours).. try handwatering, measuring run-off every day or so. I think you’ll get a much better feel for everything and be able to dial in your automated feed setup much better down the road. Automation is great, but there’s a lot going on behind the scenes that we don’t necessarily realize because at that point we are just observers.. you always learn more from hands on work ya dig?

Thanks PurplePotion, I am a hand's on learner but I don't have the time to hand feed the plants four times a day. What can I learn by hand watering? :)

Fixer

An update from the Covid Bunker. The plumbing is almost complete. I need to finish plumbing the second flood table and find a leak in the new water tanks. I'm adding about 80 gallons of capacity in two 55 gal plastic drums.

I have 3 random plants coming out of the veg room next week. They were topped and potted up to 5 gal bags. I didn't want to grow one strain per plant but these plants are the only ones mature enough to kick into flower by next week. I'm trying to get a perpetual harvest going 3 plants at a time every two to three weeks.

Be well!

Attachments

• IMG_3537.JPG
    IMG_3537.JPG
    52.5 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_3535.JPG
    IMG_3535.JPG
    37.5 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_3530.JPG
    IMG_3530.JPG
    34.8 KB · Views: 28

Fixer

After hunting leaks for a week or so It appears that I received a shipment of defective bulkhead fittings from Amazon. Two of the three fittings I installed were cracked at the parting lines. I have one more leak to find.

Fixer

New pics, leaks seem to be licked. I have three new plants out in the new table.

Attachments

• IMG_3563.JPG
    IMG_3563.JPG
    64.8 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_3568.JPG
    IMG_3568.JPG
    45.3 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_3567.JPG
    IMG_3567.JPG
    53.3 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_3562.JPG
    IMG_3562.JPG
    61.8 KB · Views: 27
Last edited:

Fixer

Don't buy light duty bulkhead fittings.

Attachments

• IMG_3592.JPG
    IMG_3592.JPG
    57.9 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_3594.JPG
    IMG_3594.JPG
    54.9 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_3593.JPG
    IMG_3593.JPG
    63.9 KB · Views: 29

Fixer

So far so good. No symptoms I'm in a fairly rural place co the infection rate is low. Glad to hear you're well! :)