What's new

Sour D (Skunkteks ECSD cut)

Talesofchronica

Pic at 60 days.

This cut is much easier to grow than my other SD cut. Terps on are gassy / chemmy. Stinky stuff. Excited to chop it.

I’ll be growing some bubba kush soon too

Attachments

• D378E344-B909-439C-98AE-3737D02F3E4A.jpeg
    D378E344-B909-439C-98AE-3737D02F3E4A.jpeg
    655.2 KB · Views: 204
  • E4FE0187-602C-472A-9AA0-02745CB3F889.jpeg
    E4FE0187-602C-472A-9AA0-02745CB3F889.jpeg
    831.9 KB · Views: 206
  • D797448B-4EB9-4FEF-964D-E436480D8F77.jpeg
    D797448B-4EB9-4FEF-964D-E436480D8F77.jpeg
    919.1 KB · Views: 206
  • 670B3DDF-56C2-4E6E-8275-BA8BB448B2C4.jpeg
    670B3DDF-56C2-4E6E-8275-BA8BB448B2C4.jpeg
    773.4 KB · Views: 218

Talesofchronica

Oh wow, those look good! What kind of soil are you using? 😎
Soil is about a year old, home made. Is currently on it’s 4th or 5th run although it all gets mixed back up in the bins after harvest.

Basically the soil is heavy in compost and also has a decent amount of castings but much more compost due to price.

Amendments that I’ve used vary based on what’s on hand.

Honestly I don’t even really measure much anymore, I just throw handfuls in the tubs when I re-amend and use whatever is on hand. Recently I’ve been using DTE vegan mix and trying to be minimalistic with water only.

That sour d basically got water only and got a few waterings with Build A Soil’s veganic flowering mix as well.

Last night I busted out some nectar for the gods for the first time this run to load it up on some calcium as it looked like it was starting to get a little deficient at the very top. We’ll see.

Honestly I used to spend a lot of money on amendments and soil and nutes and shit, started with hydro. More recently been about the probiotic life and am discovering that majority of the products that I was using probably weren’t doing much but wasting my money. I’ve been having great results with reusing my soil.

My current amendment process is to take the harvested soil and put it back in a tub, add down to earth veganic mix plus compost, castings and a charged biochar mix. i add alfalfa if I have it, add bone meal if I have it, add Epsom salts, add gypsum pellets (I need to get some more of them).

I haven’t needed to pH or test the ppms of my water until last night when I used the nectar for the gods. I think my next run I am going to make the soil a little hotter with gypsum.

My experience is don’t buy into the hype. You can save a lot of money growing organic with no step down in quality and from my experience you get a step up in terpene production due to all the micros present in the soil.

Also I don’t really believe in buying a ton of probiotic products. I use photosynthesis plus and that’s about it. I don’t use any mycorrhizae products because I get that for free in my compost and castings. Probably don’t even need the photosynth plus since I feed occasional teas.

Talesofchronica

me and some friends have been passing the Skunktek ECSD cut around next to the Chaco cut and they both grow the same for me outdoors but everyone including Chaco agrees that Skunktek's cut is performing better indoors.

my outs
View attachment 18787673

View attachment 18787674

View attachment 18787675
Looking good!

I have another cut that isn’t attributed to anyone, supposedly it was passed around on various forums pre legalization as “the real sour”. It’s leaves are more like tear drops (longer than the skunktek leaves) and it’s got a bit more stretch and a bit more “sativa” (god I hate that word) vibe to it.

I plan to run them side by side for a better comparison but I can definitely tell they are different cuts based on leaf structure.

I had a dream to collect a bunch of sour cuts lol but I think I’m good with just two. I am curious though which cut my other one is. I’d post pictures but it was finicky and I didn’t do the best job with it lol.