What's new
  • As of today ICMag has his own Discord server. In this Discord server you can chat, talk with eachother, listen to music, share stories and pictures...and much more. Join now and let's grow together! Join ICMag Discord here! More details in this thread here: here.
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest in October! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Small Brown Spots Showing up on Fan leaves...What r they

HeadyPete

Take Five...
Veteran
Sorry, I have a 600 hps and have sprayed my plants and never developed "water spots" Your magnifying glass theory sounds good but a hps is not strong enough to burn a plant leave. The sun, maybe....

If this were the case, there would be much more damage than these couple tiny spots, as OP sprayed the plants many times.

I would like to see you recreate this water spot phenomena and show us some pix.

I say it is urban legend, like so much of the info swirling around here.....

SpoCannabis

Sorry, I have a 600 hps and have sprayed my plants and never developed "water spots" Your magnifying glass theory sounds good but a hps is not strong enough to burn a plant leave. The sun, maybe....

If this were the case, there would be much more damage than these couple tiny spots, as OP sprayed the plants many times.

I would like to see you recreate this water spot phenomena and show us some pix.

I say it is urban legend, like so much of the info swirling around here.....

Lol, its not my theory, it is a fact. Look it up...

Don't want to hijack this thread, but thought since you're all being so helpful I'd drop in a picture for diagnosis:
picture.php

What's the dealio? Any ideas ppl?​
Hey brother, just wanted to say my plants looked like that for the longest time and I just couldn't figure it out! Finally I transplanted them using the same everything but into a larger container. All the new growth was green and healthy so I just ruled it as root-bound. Anyway, it might be different in your situation.

HeadyPete

Take Five...
Veteran
5 seconds that you wasted. Nothing there proves that a hps will burn a leaf through a water drop.

The one link that might come close deals with the sun, not artificial light.

Talk to me when you can show some proof.

Maxyeild

I have them in a soil be so I know that is not it. I just hit them with 2 plain RO watering and it seems to have gotten a bit worse. I think they need to eat!!

Anima

When you say 1300 PPM you need to state what PPM scale you are using:

EC is supposed to be the universal measurement.
Just FYI.

Usually little brown spots has to do with a calcium problem...
and access's pic looks like he has a cal/mg prob....possibly caused by pH lockout if those elements are present and not being absorbed.

Just my thoughts...