What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Show your instrument...

Paddi

GanjaGrower
Veteran
Here´s my new toy.
Ibanez accoustic bass.

picture.php

I already love the sound from my new love...

P

FiveLeggedGoat

I'm not a real goat.™
Veteran
Nice one Paddi.....my first guitar was an Ibanez (RG-270)

Here's my main axe - ESP Viper......amp is a Line 6 Spider 3.

picture.php

Ok I'm at my wits end here, all I can get to post is a link to my gallery which in turn doesn't let me click the thumbnail for full.:wallbash: Much appreciated

Nugz

I N Hail

Growing Grower AKA Wasted Rock Ranger
Veteran
Ok I'm at my wits end here, all I can get to post is a link to my gallery which in turn doesn't let me click the thumbnail for full.:wallbash: Much appreciated

Nugz

FN
When you open the "Insert photo's and images" window

In the drop down "thumbnail,linked to original"

Click on ,"Original Only" and u should be good to go

I N Hail

Thanks for the help I_N_Hail. Here's a pic of one of my guitars. Epiphone Zakk Wylde Les Paul custom. This pic was taken right before I took out the passive pick-ups and replaced them with the active EMG 81/85 set. That's why she's missing strings.

picture.php

Nugz

G

Greyskull

hey frosty do you wrap the strings around the birgde ala Zakk?
I have been doing that on all my stop tailpeice guitars for years after I read him mention in a Guitar World article that it helped him alleviate A & D string breakage.
I think it also improves your sustain and adds depths, too. It sounds great on my Noel Galagher

I am gonna have to get some pics up of my sound makers....

Greyskull,

If I use a really heavy gauge set like the GHS Zakk Wylde boomers then I do for sure. I find it makes squeals and bends easier on the low E and A strings in standard tuning. Also because I have my action set really low I find it gives me that little extra clearance when using the heavier gauge strings as well and keeps the fret buzz away. FiveLeggedGoat I like the viper man. I'm looking into the Jeff Hanneman JH-600. But they changed the bridge from a double locking Floyd Rose to a Kahler hybrid which I've never used before.

Nugz

Thanks Paddi. Although that wasn't the finish I wanted originally. I wanted the camouflage one for the sole reason that it had a maple fretboard and I love the way they play in comparison to rosewood. Which you don't see too often on a Les Paul. They were back ordered for awhile so I just pulled the trigger on this one. They aren't too rare around here. Not to say you see a ton of ppl playing them but they aren't hard to obtain if you wanted to purchase one. Sounds completely different with the active EMG's though. loc I freakin' love Takimine they make really electric acoustics. I'm looking to buy an acoustic/electric in the next few years, so far for the price it's a toss up between Takimine or Ovation. I just like the way the neck "feels" like an electric and not like a standard acoustic. Just easier to play.

Nugz

DiscoBiscuit

weed fiend
Veteran
I had the EMG single coil/active preamp buzz. I ripped out the electronics and copper lined the preamp, phono jack and pick up cutouts. Now I don't have to kick a peddle to stop buzz when I let go of the strings.

Disco,

Looks like that was one hell of a project. The store i bought my guitar wanted an extra $120 for the pick-up swap so I just took my time and did it myself. It was a little intimidating at first since my electrical knowledge isn't that great but it was totally worth it in the end. What kind of guitar is that?

Nugz

C

Cerb

This is my most coveted possession. I built it a couple years back with zero woodworking skills under my belt. It was definitely a learning experience. It's fretless with lapis inlays. It took about a year to get up the courage and research to do it and about a year of inconstant work to get it finished. It's got Bartolini pickups, Hipshot Ultralight tuners, and an ETS Tuning Fork bridge. I usually keep DR rounds on it for that nice growly fretless sound.

Picture034.jpg

Picture021.jpg

Picture026.jpg

Picture057.jpg

Picture056.jpg

My second one is currently being worked on. The fingerboard is going to have an experimental string retaining design that, if successful could possibly be patented.

If you'd like to see more just go to my photobucket page at http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v375/Cerberus__89/ and click on the Progress and Completed albums on the left.

C

Cerb

By the way Paddi, I love the avatar. That is by far one of my favorite paintings, only second to a few Rothkos.

DiscoBiscuit

weed fiend
Veteran
Disco,

Looks like that was one hell of a project. The store i bought my guitar wanted an extra $120 for the pick-up swap so I just took my time and did it myself. It was a little intimidating at first since my electrical knowledge isn't that great but it was totally worth it in the end. What kind of guitar is that?

Nugz

Hohner jazz copy. Two full octaves. Plays well and intonation is perfect with a Boss tuner. Don't have a strobe. I added a thumb bar and decided to keep it for a while. Money's tight so I'm gonna sell it on Ebay.

Cerb, is your fingerboard cut for frets? Never seen rounds on a fretless. Scratch or kit? Beautiful work.

C

Cerb

Hohner jazz copy. Two full octaves. Plays well and intonation is perfect with a Boss tuner. Don't have a strobe. I added a thumb bar and decided to keep it for a while. Money's tight so I'm gonna sell it on Ebay.

Cerb, is your fingerboard cut for frets? Never seen rounds on a fretless. Scratch or kit? Beautiful work.

It's not cut for frets. The fretlines are powdered lapis inlayed for lines. The board is acrylized (acrylic sucked into it in an autoclave), so the rounds do zero damage. My second bass will have a gaboon ebony fingerboard, so rounds shouldn't be a problem there either.

Jaco Pastorius actually used rounds on most of his basses, including the BOD. All 3 of mine have rounds strung on them. My only fretted base actually has flats :-?.

Latest posts

Latest posts