What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Short stuff 1 x pakistan ryder small one F1

mudballs

I've thought males become intersex female xy and not true females with only xx but. That's why I posted asking about true females in that thread. May be they're disappearing and very uncommon. Plants that won't herm even with chemicals, may be there are such a thing as true female.
Reversal is gene based
However, various factors can affect the efficacy of the STS treatment and the deactivation of the CYP734A9 gene.
males have this too, and is fully expressing.
the plant can be XX or XY and not reverse, it doesn't say much about the plants sex chromosome makeup reliably. Just cuz it wont hermi doesn't mean it doesn't have the Y instructions is more the answer

CannaZen

Reversal is gene based
However, various factors can affect the efficacy of the STS treatment and the deactivation of the CYP734A9 gene.
males have this too, and is fully expressing.
the plant can be XX or XY and not reverse, it doesn't say much about the plants sex chromosome makeup reliably. Just cuz it wont hermi doesn't mean it doesn't have the Y instructions is more the answer
Yeah okay. But why does xx also have male viable pollen makeup parts if they have seperate gender chromosomes I am not convinced. May be the samples were xy? The data conflicts the y chromosome should be the chromosome with instructions for pollen may be the samples were xy.

Last edited:

mudballs

Yeah okay. But why does xx also have male viable pollen makeup parts if they have seperate gender chromosomes I am not convinced. May be the samples were xy? The data conflicts the y chromosome should be the chromosome with instructions for pollen may be the samples were xy.
Most likely cuz they were all monoecious back 28 million yrs ago and no plant within the species can be without instruction genes. There's a certain point where an organism becomes a new species, and it usually includes whack changes like that...birds on an island that can no longer mate, stuff like that.

mudballs

Remember both males and females have that CYP734A9 gene. So, that sort of says, they both also can run the program it is associated with

CannaZen

Most likely cuz they were all monoecious back 28 million yrs ago and no plant within the species can be without instruction genes. There's a certain point where an organism becomes a new species, and it usually includes whack changes like that...birds on an island that can no longer mate, stuff like that.
Alright I'm not discussing here and I'm not arguing that you are wrong but have they located if the pollen genes in the y chromosome heheh :p I'm the one who should google and I dont want to at this time. Nvm it is not cool and I can't read the research articles I wish it was conclusive explanation for having a seperate xx/ xy chromosome combo if it's not related to sex. I don't think they've just named it xy.

Last edited:

mudballs

Alright I'm not discussing here and I'm not arguing that you are wrong but have they located if the pollen genes in the y chromosome heheh :p I'm the one who should google and I dont want to at this time. Nvm it is not cool and I can't read the research articles I wish it was conclusive explanation for having a seperate xx/ xy chromosome combo if it's not related to sex. I don't think they've just named it xy.
Im just gonna mildly saute your mind, simmer on low heat
Screenshot_20240816-193530_Telegram.jpg

mudballs

There's a thread around here somewhere where i say it seems like the plant is saying "we don't need no stinking Y chromosome" ...this is as far as I've gotten...i pass the flame to you...it's over there in the closet beside the old sewing machine

CannaZen

Alright I had trouble snapping a photo. Won't get a lot of flowers but.

We had rain last night but I did have to water prior. Seems not much for flowers the pot was left outside since 2019. No fertilizers or anything. I've snapped a lot of photos of my place so. Idk why but the image option in the post editor isn't working so I'll attach files.

Attachments

• 20240820_115208.jpg
    20240820_115208.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 18
  • 20240820_115152.jpg
    20240820_115152.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 17
  • 20240820_110428.jpg
    20240820_110428.jpg
    4.5 MB · Views: 18
  • 20240820_110413.jpg
    20240820_110413.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 15
  • 20240820_110421.jpg
    20240820_110421.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 19

CannaZen

Thanks, I agree that the time could be right the male only just begun opening pollen sacks

20240822_145000.jpg

I wanted to say this and many seeds absorb the worst bad soil compounds, ecoli etc ya hear me. these have that stinky pot smell it's not thiols for skunk. The hemp field doesn't have that. I believe a few hermies made it in, will just have to cull next run.

CannaZen

It's those initial kush aromas I grow these for, the tang is nice too or strawberry or raspberry. But usually it hasn't translated into final buds, I'm still a beginner I have only grown so many grows.

I wanted to capture the male it is f1 of short stuff x world of seeds Pakistan ryder. Highlights of Northern Lights n stuff in its ancestry the female plants here, I've seen it.

20240823_151124.jpg
20240823_151052.jpg
20240823_151136.jpg

Not much for flowers in the pot, they're semi outdoor soil plants. No hermy on the one female at all, it could also be short stuff

Last edited: