What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Short stuff 1 x pakistan ryder small one F1

CannaZen

The mother just didn't grow that much even though it had larger than average calyx seed size and lived as long. Dwarf? I don't know. Just small.

3 seedlings direct sown day 11
20240722_161646.jpg

The pot was left outside with soil possibly 3 years and when I checked seems good soil, weeds/grass haven't taken it so far only small cat Nepeta startings to my knowledge. Dry mostly throughout summer. Btw the catnip not good. insects like it. I would say bad insect minded populations. (nearby was a large bush of catnip.) But canna even like mint at this stage.

1721685502205526412000068831071.jpg

CannaZen

There is a scaly worm pest problem sighted on the small one. I thought maybe it would recover but its mostly stunted. a mouse ate it down to the stump the node was left. Can I spray with something?

Last edited:

CannaZen

Day 18 big next time I was looking at them, got my camera out and they looked small. Composted potting soil
Haven't seen the scaly causing bugs recently. Been windy today they're taking lots of wind. the biggest one Has leafs growing out of the node small branches. Anyway these are f1s it's federally illegal but could change. With the polyhybrids although short stuff is said to be direct descendant of lowryder original some places, i don't want it to completely dominate. Yes, limited plant numbers I might get all males at least the hemp might pollinate (field next to my residence) the short stuff females had a tang aroma but like with psychotropic pills, I was smelling what I described as lithium that year early growth from short stuff
the potting soil was miracle grow. I think it's really good breeding if they're lowryder ibl but the ancestry geneology is unknown publically. I may grow short stuff again some time :) I have enough seeds. But thing is I gotta be responsible. Short stuff from Spain x Spain world of seeds Pakistan ryders.
20240728_135650.jpg
20240729_155715.jpg

CannaZen

2019 when these seeds were collected were heavy days, shortly before legal canna was on the ballot I was a med user. But I was growing the plants for seeds for a time I could grow them all out and open pollinate and select seeds for certain characteristics. That is still my plan. It was inspired to be open source seeds but.
At least I'll have my own seeds for herbal health. Seeds, there are a huge diverse application topic of different kinds I can grow, fall weather flowers or summer for myself. Bottom line I may not have the housing for the plants soon, until a long time.

CannaZen

Okay dwarf status disqualified.
20240804_174502.jpg

May be people feel this thread and my posts are less than not posting, I kinda sense that from my local life. I've been very self absorbed this day.

I try not to rub the leaf but I had. And the big one is showing early sign of male. The others no signs yet. The smaller bigger one has musky sweet scent, the male has no scent but veg oil. It's been cool and raining today most of the day and again since last photo after sunny weather. I've thought the musky one may turn purple but perhaps not. Alright so fall is coming, freezing will happen by september/October and definitely during November. 2 more months left?

CannaZen

Okay they're both females, little one unknown. But they've been selfed a lot too. The pistils are connected to a stem, thought it was a male
I will be watching closely for intersex I had a few hermie seeds 2022 grow. The hemp well likely they will pollinate my fems but may be not. But the hemp are seedcrop cultivar and stretch a ton. Maybe I'll have sensemilla heheh not likely. I did want cbd but it's ridiculous, I don't want to grow them out. Idk.

Photo
20240806_082722.jpg

CannaZen

Okay definitely has intersex and the plant I remembered because vole mice earing the roots there were tunnels. That's why looked like dwarf. I think the vision seeds lowryder freebie that definitely hermed must of did some early pollination before culled. Or that short stuff x paki ryder this pheno is sexually unstable. It's acting like the vision seeds so.. except vision seeds although didn't look much different grew to show very inbred homogenized appearance, completely undesirable. It's actually in same pot same soil only it was left to compost many years. I tried to snap a photo. Between the cold nights rainy days and strong sunlight in this soil looks a healthy green. The other female no herm seen yet.
20240810_115127.jpg
20240810_115137.jpg

CannaZen

If I'm going to continue breeding I'll have to cull herm plants before pollen sacks open and cut preflowers. But I think my short stuff did most pollination. It was early.

CannaZen

Honestly it's so insideous though I don't think they'll ever come out. But I will not be collecting seeds from these I'm going to eat the plant after full flower, may get pollinated by the hemp field which is in full bloom now. The little one has preflowers looks male so far. It got stunted mice ate it down into the node as seedlings.

Last edited:

CannaZen

Beginning of flowering, I guess it begins when preflowers show but definitely beginning now. About a month may be 2 left before serious freezing I think.
20240812_143532.jpg

I'm looking forward to fall flowers, this year fall kind of started at the end of July when temp dropped. It's unusual but may be normal at the beginning of the sun's 10 year cycle.

CannaZen

To be clear this is freebie seed vision seeds lowryder hermy plant x world of seeds Pakistan ryder (or what I got from the seedbank)

CannaZen

Okay guys and gals, it's been rainy a lot these days and it's like fall started, it's had rain days maybe 8 times I haven't needed to water. Usually August has been no rain hot n dry, rains started mid/end of July maybe it's the bombs they're dropping and the solar cycle? I remember July rains but we haven't been getting them. I was complaining we used to get rain periodically during summer. Anyway about the plants.

Here are photos only 3 plants survived of like the 15 I planted with my intervention, hemp field is late stage flower ill upload photos. The hemp smells delightful but they're mostly intersex horny plants. Some are full male n female. Maybe 800 acres or more?? I don't know. Otherwise I'd collect seed.

I have 2 definite females one had male preflower lots and 1 true female and 1 looks mostly full male so far, an attractive kush one. Smells the closest comparison is kush cheese, the male.

But I don't think they will pollinate and have good flowers with all this rain and no sun. I clipped the nanners but a few preflowers pollinated. Here.

20240816_143829.jpg
20240816_143835.jpg

CannaZen

To be clear only the preflowers a couple got pollinated. And the 8 days is a guesstimate it's been cloudy and dropping rain a lot longer but some days the soils been able to aerate. The hemp has had some time to pollinate the tops a little bit if it has. It's not been completely soaking wet since the beginning of august.

CannaZen

I've thought males become intersex female xy and not true females with only xx but. That's why I posted asking about true females in that thread. May be they're disappearing and very uncommon. Plants that won't herm even with chemicals, may be there are such a thing as true female.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts