What's new

Share your recipe for Aercloner water

Redrum92

Pretty simple question: just trying to take a wide survey of what people put in their aero-clone water.

Plain RO? Some hormex/clonex, light nutrients, bleach, h2o2, enzymes, microbes? Please share what and why

Last edited:

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
Good question. Aeroponic cloning solution with ¼ to ½ strength nutrients mixed with plain RO water is common among growers. What do you use friend?

24hour old water
a few drops of silica
pH 5,5 - 6,5
diy Rez Cleaner

after about a week i add 1/3 dose of RootIt First Feed
And most important : cut clones from fresh growth

Redrum92

Good question. Aeroponic cloning solution with ¼ to ½ strength nutrients mixed with plain RO water is common among growers. What do you use friend?

Screenshot_20220305-222120_Chrome.jpg

Been following this fella's advice so far

Gone Camping

10ml of clonex per gallon seems excessive, typically I pour a bit from the bottle.. maybe 4-5 ml per almost two gallon.

I have trouble keeping the res below 78 or 80.. the ice bottle trick only lasts for a bit.

Redrum92

10ml of clonex per gallon seems excessive, typically I pour a bit from the bottle.. maybe 4-5 ml per almost two gallon.

I have trouble keeping the res below 78 or 80.. the ice bottle trick only lasts for a bit.

Good to know. I actually did start lower on a couple of the ingredients, but will be doing a lot of experimenting

I had an easy time with temp by just leaving mine in the corner of a normal room (~70°f). Seems to be good: weaker light, good humidity, and lower temp. Definitely too toasty near the mature plants.

mean mr.mustard

I Pass Satellites
Veteran
I have brown algae (actually bacteria) in my tap water. Pool shock does wonders.

I fought slime for years.

I don't anymore.

It still messes with some seedlings' roots but nothing lives here if it can't drink the water.

I have some Pine Tar Gush that are half of the size of the Casey Jones x Sour Bubble BX and the Trainwreck x GG4 that are all the same age just because they are fighting the brown algae.

I've found that letting them establish a root system that can be left partially overground helps them defeat the algae with the new transplant.

linde

Excuse my ignorance but what does the Clear Rez do? Is it an anti fungal? I see a lot of people using it. I've always used hydrogen peroxide but may grab a bottle if it helps keep the slime at bay.

mean mr.mustard

I Pass Satellites
Veteran
I don't doubt that and offer congratulations... but I think that it probably differs from person to person.

Temperature coupled with natural humidity and such would be variant.

If you have clean water and hardened off your cuts/used gel and steer clear of higher temperatures then you should be good with plain pH balanced water.

I have lost cuts due to the on/off pump option.... however I believe that if you make sure that the cuts are ready to function as clones instead of mature plants then they are likely to be fine with fifteen minutes of no spray.

Redrum92

Excuse my ignorance but what does the Clear Rez do? Is it an anti fungal? I see a lot of people using it. I've always used hydrogen peroxide but may grab a bottle if it helps keep the slime at bay.

Anti microbial in general, I believe. It's chlorine based

Hydrogen peroxide is great for quick applications but it degrades/reacts quickly. You'd probably have to replace it every day.