What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Sexing by cuttings in a glass of water

greyfader

LOL, For me and all I know it is. I would not have posted it if it wasn't. Rooting in water is the worst method to use. I get 96% in plugs. Water id be lucky if I got 10%. Ive been growing for 75 years
started in the womb, eh? just kidding! wow, you're older than me and still going! respect! i guess i'm still a rookie, at 74.

Boob McNoob

Veteran
Impatience is the most persistent hurdle in cloning; I'm still struggling to find the most consistently successful method but tap water works as well as direct to soil with a humidity dome. I'm a few weeks in on eight in soil and a bout a week and a half on a single specimen in tap water. I cull my cuts from a pair of revegged girls and have worked through eight or nine generations of their progeny. This doesn't provide the excitement of experiencing the latest and greatest named strains but since the start of this year I've managed to fill roughly 6 gallon mason jars with buds and have developed a perpetual routine where I'm staging a harvest of two mature gals at the end of each month; separate tents help organize enough in the background to have replacements ready to fill in open spots as needed. These are my two ready for harvest in several more weeks (isolated from the main grow while I battle an infestation of spider mites). Second pic is the main grow and third and fourth are sprouts and extended veg.
20240728_204452.jpg
20240727_192451.jpg
20240723_205553.jpg
20240724_134905.jpg

strain_hunter

Thanks for your great insights.
Today I made some pictures trying to identify males and females without cloning for the first time, like @greyfader suggested.
I need to check my notepad later but I think they are 20 days in veg now and it is to early to see enough.

IMG_6826.jpeg

IMG_6825.jpeg

Last edited:

xtsho

Impatience is the most persistent hurdle in cloning; I'm still struggling to find the most consistently successful method but tap water works as well as direct to soil with a humidity dome. I'm a few weeks in on eight in soil and a bout a week and a half on a single specimen in tap water. I cull my cuts from a pair of revegged girls and have worked through eight or nine generations of their progeny. This doesn't provide the excitement of experiencing the latest and greatest named strains but since the start of this year I've managed to fill roughly 6 gallon mason jars with buds and have developed a perpetual routine where I'm staging a harvest of two mature gals at the end of each month; separate tents help organize enough in the background to have replacements ready to fill in open spots as needed. These are my two ready for harvest in several more weeks (isolated from the main grow while I battle an infestation of spider mites). Second pic is the main grow and third and fourth are sprouts and extended veg.
View attachment 19039779 View attachment 19039780 View attachment 19039782 View attachment 19039783

The latest and greatest named strains are just hype. You, me, and others can and do make crosses and strains as good or better than the hyped up strains.

Don't get caught up in the nonsense. Keep doing what you're doing. There is more excitement in making your own path.
:plant grow: