What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest in October! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Seeking plant science book

coldcanna

Veteran
I've been on the Mag for a couple years now and I don't know what took so long but I just took my first stroll through the Advanced Growing forum this week. I thought I had a pretty good grasp on growing but realized there is so much left to learn. I'm hoping some of you could point me towards a book or 2 that would give a solid overview of plant biology and science based horticulture- ideally something applicable to cannabis. I'm college educated but don't have too much of a background in science, so something that is on the level where I could teach myself. Thank you!

B

bigganjabud

The medical growers bible - jeorge Cervantes
Marijuana growers handbook- ed Rosenthal
Beyond buds -ed Rosenthal
Ask ed - ed Rosenthal
Marijuana sucess vol 1+2- ed Rosenthal
Indicas -s.t.oner
Sativas - s.t.oner
How to Grow Marijuana at Home in 60 Days: A Complete Step by Step Guide to Growing Cannabis in The Comfort of...-Nathan Harley
There is a few more but I do t really wanna use Google these are the ones on my bookshelf

It's near on impossible to know it all mate

Good for you trying to study further

coldcanna

Veteran
Thanks for getting back so soon man. Just wanted to clarify- I've read a couple of the basic how to grow dope type books plus years of trolling around the forums and have been growing myself a couple years. Would you say that any of those books in particular were more geared towards people who know how to grow already but just want to boost the advanced science end of it?

coldcanna

Veteran
Browsed through a few pages and couldn't find anything specifically for propagating cannabis, checked out amazon and found a couple interesting items, please chime in if you have read or heard about them:

51RVYXh2bxL._SX373_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

51JETXexkqL._SX331_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

I'm leaning towards botany because it seems like a more ground level, fundamental understanding, but please chime in I'm sure you've all read a few good ones

B

bigganjabud

Also the kindle app has hundreds of canna botanical books

All of the books I mentioned does have stuff for advanced growers