What's new

Seeds in bud will they trigger?

therevverend

Veteran
You need to tell us if one or both parents of the seeds were Autos. I'm not an expert on autoflowers, I don't know if the trait is dominate or recessive. If both parents are Autos I'd expect most of the progeny to also autoflower. If one parent is auto and the other is photo dependent I'd expect a % of the progeny to Auto, anywhere from 10-80% depending on a few different factors. Someone with more experience than myself could give you a better answer.

Chuck Jägerschnitzel

If it was all autos in your room then your seeds should be autos too.
If you're making an all new auto line from an auto x photoperiod cross then the F2 generation of the cross will be 25% autos (more if you're lucky) and if you make an auto x auto cross from the F2s then the F3 generation is the first generation that is 100% autos. My guess is that a lot of breeders sell the F4s because the F3 generation is the first one where you can select the best mothers easily, also since selling untested F3s would be kinda sketchy. Most people would probably rather test out their new autos for functionality before risking their reputation on them and if you're gonna do that you might as well make F4s.