What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest in October! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

seeds found in dank bud. should I grow them?

dopeshow

Here is the run down on "stress" ... a true female should be very very very hard if not absolutely impossible to reverse (without chemicals). Even under stress! A little light leak causing one of your plants to herm means there are hermie genes... it is written in its genetic code that the plant will herm under stress. The herm gene is there. A little light leak (within reason here people) should NOT cause a true female to throw nanners. Anyone ever went outside under a full moon?

Is it worth breeding? Sure, why not. Everything I've read about the PK is good.. cross with something reputable and you might just end up with the next big thing. YES you can possibly remove the hermie genes through selective breeding. To get a good start, I would use the 1 plant of the PK that did NOT throw any nanners. It's not even imperative that you remove the hermie gene completely. Look at the killing Rezdog is making of hermie prone beans! If all you need is to find 1 good keeper pheno then I wouldn't hesitate for a second to make some beans with your PK girls.

Thundurkel

Just Call me Urkle!!
Veteran
Put it like this buddy that Oregon Grape bag I got my seeds out of gave me a new favorite plant in my garden that IMO is bomb as fuck. Plus it's not a hermi and my cab it was grown it had a light leak, also I got a Blue Dream clone from a club and even though I didn't pay for it trays of the cut were being sold around town and guess what? My BD in my tent which doesn't have any leaks what soever and hermied like a mofo dude I've found too many nanners to keep the shit around and wish I would've known sooner cuz I didn't notice till week 8 so I say grow them fuckers bro! I bet you end up with something really nice I got a gut feeling it's gonna be good shit for you so lets see if my gut is right too...

Hash Zeppelin

Ski Bum Rodeo Clown
Premium user
ICMag Donor
Veteran
grow them out. I just found about 20 nice beans in a half ounce i bought, they are getting grown eventually. it is cali out door, who knows what it is crossed with? it is skunky and 50/50 indica sativa high. 8 out of 10. if I grow out the beans and have my own well handled nug, instead of ones that are passed around and seeded i'm sure they would be better.

Synthettek

Grow them out for sure....

You'll never know what you can find.

I recently found a TRUE 42 day strain [no fucking joke] from bagseed I found.
Never before have I seen a quicker flowering plant in my life. It had pre-flowers in like 20 days of veg with a 24Hour photoperiod.

Not only is she quick as fuck, she's tasty, frosty and pretty goddamn potent. More of a daytime smoke but If I can flower clones of her in 42 days I'm pretty happy with my find.

V1AAA

fuck that, dont pop them beans

they will be shit

send them to me.

i'll pay the postage just to get them off your hands :biggrin:

titoon29

Travelling Cannagrapher Penguin !
Veteran
for me the question is will you only grow that ?

cause if you base a three/four months grow on very few seeds you don t know anything about the father (or hermie mother); it would be quite a dangerous bet.

but if you have others plants along, than go for it, as you will mind less if they hermie or are not good enough.

hope it helps..

++

Weird Jimmy

Licensed Patient/Caregiver & All-Around Cool Ass B
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hell yes dude, mystery seeds are great.... had the same situation happen to me and I was glad I grew them... they did herm on me though

M

mexilandrace

Of the 2-plants one threw pollen on a lower bracket giving me approx 30 seeds on this plant. I wanted to know if it was worth breeding since the parent's (P1 & F2) were such excellent smoke. Could the Hermi tendency be bred out or is this just light stress? Isn't light stress another method of feminizing seeds?

you should start a breeding project with a female that won't throw out pollen no matter what you do to her short of the chemical stuff.

I am skeptical it is a trait that can be completely bred out regardless of what I have heard some claim.

#1cheesebuds

Veteran
Ok so here r where the seeds/plants r at now.
the first one is a little wase into flowering. next is 1 that I just put into the flowering closet.
And they both have a great amount of indica in them. :dance013::biggrin:

pix from yesterday.

and here is the one with more indica in it. also this one has had a hard life.

well wish me a lotta luck with them.

rasputin

The Mad Monk
Veteran
Nice, cheesebuds! Good to see you decided to pop em. Keep us posted on the flowering, maybe you get lucky and find a killer lady to keep around. :joint:

#1cheesebuds

Veteran
actuly I did find a keeper. Thw plant in the first pic is of 1 that I re-veged into a nice bush. The 1 cola she grew the first time was a fast grower and the dryed bud she gave me was out of this world with tast, high, and smell.

and since the 2ed plant is an indica she should flower fast also.

Ill keep yall updated with the outcome.

thank yall for ur suport.

PS: that is a very very cool name rasputin.

Latest posts

Latest posts