What's new

Sativa organic grow with ace seeds (Panama, Malawi, Killer A5 Haze)

Which is your favorite sativa strain lineage ?

• Thaï lineage

Votes: 13 37.1%
  • African lineage

Votes: 11 31.4%
  • Central American lineage

Votes: 9 25.7%
  • Other

Votes: 2 5.7%

• Total voters

FeelHaze

I wanted to show my ventilation/VPD control system for this grow.

1- Portable heating unit close to the passive air intake (you cannot see it but there are black carbon sheets on the intake for dust filtration and to cut light from getting into the tent).
2- Clip fan #1.
3- Clip fan #2.
4- humidifier (will be removed during flowering.
5- Carbon filter.
6- Exhaust fan.
7- Exhaust duct.

*Exhaust duct is connected directly to a dryer vent so the air is blown outside the house. Grow tent is located in the basement. I also have a portative dehumidifier and a portative cooling unit that can be used if needed

1000004065.jpg

Last edited:

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
Those Ace seeds make huge plants. That tent will get tight with 3 of them.

The clip fans will get dirty if the carbon intake isn’t doing a good job. You can filter the incoming air and blow it in, so you can balance the tent pressure. Adjust intake and exhaust fan speed to get the flow and pressure that you want.

Good luck. Homegrown beats dispensary dope all day.

FeelHaze

Those Ace seeds make huge plants. That tent will get tight with 3 of them.

The clip fans will get dirty if the carbon intake isn’t doing a good job. You can filter the incoming air and blow it in, so you can balance the tent pressure. Adjust intake and exhaust fan speed to get the flow and pressure that you want.

Good luck. Homegrown beats dispensary dope all day.
You're right ! 3 tropical plants in that little tent is an ambitious project. It worked well with hybrids but I'm aware there is a possibility I end up having to toss one of the plant this time. We will see how it goes. I will top my plants soon so they grow 8 main colas and then switch to flower light schedule before they reach 12 inches.

An intake fan will probably be my next investment. Carbon sheets I use do a good job keeling the dust out but there is way too much negative pressure inside the tent. I had to build a secondary structure with PVC pipes (like you can see on my last post) to keep the walls from caving in.

Good homegrown is something else for sure man ✌️

Last edited:

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
I use 6” fans in my 4x4x8’ tent. I took a cardboard box that a 10x20 3M 1900 filter can be taped over a hole cut in the top. Put the fan inside and a 6” hose from the fan, through the side of the box, and into the tent. Duct tape the box shut and seal the 6” hole where the hose comes out. Seal the opening to the tent the 6” hose goes through. Seal off the factory entrances, so only air from the fan gets in.

The fans should be set at constant speeds which give the desired airflow and tent pressure. With only an exit fan the dust and spider mites get sucked into the tent through the various leak paths. Too much tent pressure and the smell goes through those leaks and makes the lung room smell good.

FeelHaze

I use 6” fans in my 4x4x8’ tent. I took a cardboard box that a 10x20 3M 1900 filter can be taped over a hole cut in the top. Put the fan inside and a 6” hose from the fan, through the side of the box, and into the tent. Duct tape the box shut and seal the 6” hole where the hose comes out. Seal the opening to the tent the 6” hose goes through. Seal off the factory entrances, so only air from the fan gets in.

The fans should be set at constant speeds which give the desired airflow and tent pressure. With only an exit fan the dust and spider mites get sucked into the tent through the various leak paths. Too much tent pressure and the smell goes through those leaks and makes the lung room smell good.
Well done man !

I looked at your setup and its bomb. Really creative and functional. I take notes. Lots of space also and your plants really look great on this round.

I surely still would ajust fan speed to create a slight negative pressure inside to tent and limit the amount of smell getting in the lung room. If it starts "smelling good" , wifey won't be happy 😂

Last edited:

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
Thanks. The dual fans with manual control work really well. Forget the controllers with temp and humidity, the constant chasing of conditions by the controller will drive you nuts.

The 10x20 filters are on Amazon. I have a rect hole cut in the edge of a 24”x24” x12” box for the filter, and covered the surface the filter sets on with duct tape. Lots of duct tape to seal the box. Masking tape holds the filter on cause it is easy to remove on the duct tape surface - sealed all around the edge so no spider mites can sneak in. Seal around the hole where the hose goes out, cause the inside of the box is in suction. The filter is on top so it is easy to change and easy to inspect.

FeelHaze

As some people already know, I started a grow with those same strains last december (2023). Unfortunately, I ended up with bad N toxicity and nutrient burn. The problem was that I added sea compost like I normally do with my hybrids but those sativas are way more sensitive. On the day I was supposed to flip from veg to flower, I made the decision to toss my plants and start over with new seeds (same strains) and a different soil mixt. That was a good decision. I confirm that plants are loving it.

Look at the difference in color. First pict is my current malawi. Second one is the other malawi I tossed a couple weeks ago because of N toxicity.

1000004155.jpg
1000004154.jpg

Last edited:

FeelHaze

Today is day 26 from germination and I did some plant training to prepare the girls for flowering. First two nodes were removed, nodes 3 to 6 were left and topping was done above node 6. That way, each plant is going to have 8 main colas. I'm going to wait a couple day to let them recuperate and then switch the light schedule to 12/12.

1000004269.jpg