What's new

Safety switch on condensate pump

Stone

Hey guys,

I’m picking a condensate pump, and I’m wondering if there is a way to wire the safety switch to the res pump?

Any ideas on a good small condensate would be appreciated also.

Thanks
Stone

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
Hey guys,

I’m picking a condensate pump, and I’m wondering if there is a way to wire the safety switch to the res pump?

Any ideas on a good small condensate would be appreciated also.

Thanks
Stone
I think it should be hard-wired directly to a plug and used all the time.

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
This may be kinda basic, but how would you then route the plug to turn off the pump?

Attach a 3 prong plug and then plug it in where I’m wondering
I take it you don't have a 3 prong plug outlet where you are growing. It needs to run 24 hours a day.

Stone

I take it you don't have a 3 prong plug outlet where you are growing. It needs to run 24 hours a day.
I get the wire to a 3 prong outlet part.
What I’m confused on is how to run that 3 wire plug to control on/off the water pump that feeds to it.

Would wiring to a female 3 prong plug to the condensate drain, then plugging the pump into that work.
I’m assuming power coming from condensate, and able to turn pump off and on?

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
I get the wire to a 3 prong outlet part.
What I’m confused on is how to run that 3 wire plug to control on/off the water pump that feeds to it.

Would wiring to a female 3 prong plug to the condensate drain, then plugging the pump into that work.
I’m assuming power coming from condensate, and able to turn pump off and on?
Damn friend I guess I don't know. I was thinking in terms of having a condensate pump hooked up to under my hot water heater.

Stone

Damn friend I guess I don't know. I was thinking in terms of having a condensate pump hooked up to under my hot water heater.
I did too, and that’s got its own power supply.
My best guess is a surge protector wired directly to the condensate.
Then plug pump into the surge protector.
So the condensate pump would be supplying electricity to the pump and acting as the on off switch to stop the pump.

Funny thing is I’m genuinely not sure whether I’d prefer dead plants for a small flood.