What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Root aphids or soil mites...or OTHER?

PadawanWarrior

thanks to all again!..I am monitoring the situation and I hope it is a good outcome, sorta(good bugs)..lol I only use Promix with Gaia Green organics with a dash of worm castings..I have applied some Nematodes but because they are microscopic it is hard to tell if they are working..the Nemes are for root aphids but I don't think that it was they were the problem now..the plants look healthy and are growing normal for now..if anything changes I will update..I wish good karma on the posters here as it was a stressful time and you figured it out, problem solving at its best.. grow on
NL
Good to hear. They most likely came from the EWC. EWC can have all sorts of beneficial insects. Nematodes probably wouldn't fix a root aphid infestation but they help. I've had them once and took care of them with alternating Azamax and Botanigard 22 WP. Then added the nematodes. That completely solved my root aphid problem. But you don't have them so no worries. Happy growing. :smoker: