What's new

Reveg with buds or without?

Driver 8

I have a freshly revegged stump ready for a haircut so I'll see if I can figure out how to upload pictures and try to keep this thread fresh.

Lyfespan

I've never flipped a reveg back into flower.
I've reveged until the new shoots could be taken for the cloner,and then of to the shit pile for the reveged plant.

The plant is not healthy by that plant,and has no place going back into the bloom room.

i always flip my revegged plants after recovery, and had tremendous results. another trick for increasing yields is supercropping, taking budding branches for clones. if you can wait for them, this makes for some beasting plants :plant grow::dance:

bsgospel

Bat Macumba
Veteran
Re: hormones: Auxins concentrate in the top and push down- inhibiting other branches/tops. Cytokinin concentrate in the roots and push up- less restrictions. When you switch from light to dark, Auxins and cytokinin trade places. You need 18/6 minimum (I say minimum loosely) to create/maintain the pressure inside the vascular system to draw Auxins to the top. In 12/12, the Auxins do not have enough time to regroup, and unchecked the cytokinin spread giving all tops a chance to stretch.

I think everyone here has the right idea: with more material, you will have increased success. In theory the apical most top/bud should reveg first but I'm not certain that's always the case.

grayeyes

I have been growing a strain of BBG that almost does this on its own. Harvest the bigger ones, wait. The smaller ones grow big, harvest those. I haven't yet done this myself but the breeder told me he always gets a third harvest on this strain.

Guy Brush

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thanks for the insights everyone.

Just cut some clones off of a long flowering SSH at week 6 (just getting a decent amount of pistils at this point). I was considering cutting the newly formed immature bud off of one, and leave it on the other. Instead i opted for not f'ing too much with 'em, less is more, or in this case more is better, haha. Hoping this goes well, this one smells like heaven.
How did it turn out? Was it MNS SSH?