What's new

RED or GREEN, It’s going to be SWEET

jaypp

Vendor
Veteran
Looking amazing!
Thanks for posting and the updates, it looks like you'll need to prepare the scissors soon!

jaypp

El Tigre

Looking amazing!
Thanks for posting and the updates, it looks like you'll need to prepare the scissors soon!

jaypp

Hey Jaypp! Scissors are ready and i am ready for some scissor ash too :laughing:
I think that tomorrow my Bloody Skunk will go down, i checked trichomes today and i found few amber ones. Enough for me.
I will run Cream Mandarine a little longer.

You don't need to thank, it's me that I want to thank you and the Sweet seeds team for organizing this contest on icmag. It was fun and allowed me to make friends with excellent growers peeking their diaries. At first I started updating daily, but I thought it was going to be short. Then this strange lockdown period started and the daily update was a small ritual to maintain mental tranquility.
I'm sure that good vibes will follow when i'll be consuming dry flowers. :tiphat:

El Tigre

DAY 67

DAY 67

I had problems with the photo editing program and I stayed behind with the updates.
Now I have solved it and so here it is... :)

CM on the left - BS on the right

picture.php

picture.php

CM
picture.php

BS
picture.php

El Tigre

DAY 69

DAY 69

Bloody skunk will be chopped soon, so i stripped fan leaves and removed the bindings in advance. Trichomes are milky with some amber too. Bud structure is really particular with tons of foxtails, they look big, but there is a lot of empty space inside them. I bet for a small yield on this.
I could wait some more days, lower buds could mature more indeed.
On the other hand my stash in almost finished (i had to help some people close to me for being medicated during the lockdown and i consumed more than usual...) and i want to speed up the turnover into my tent.

picture.php

picture.php

El Tigre

DAY 70

DAY 70

Last day for BS.
Cream Mandarine begins to gain weight and the smell is delicious, soft and fruity. I asked Mrs Tiger for an opinion and she replied smells like peach. However the aroma is evolving daily so let's see how it will be at the harvest, and then in the can.

picture.php

picture.php

El Tigre

Looking great Tigre, they still adding weight!

Any plans for next grow?

Hey Crowmax, sure i have plans! More than plans, i can say :biggrin: i've already popped one seed of +Speed auto (kindly offered by Sweet seeds for this contest) and a seed of SODK (Mephisto genetics).

Both will be hit with some pollen from the Cream Mandarine that i put off this tent before and then treated with colloidal silver. First time i try to make some seeds and i look forward to have some fun.

I'll document everything on my personal diary.
Here it's all about plants i grow for the competition.

El Tigre

Bloody Skunk, the day before being chopped.
Now without major leaves the aired shape of the buds is more visible.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

El Tigre

DAY 71 - 75

DAY 71 - 75

Happy May Day to all.
Bloody Skunk is drying up and will soon be put in the jar, I did an early vape test and the taste and quality of the high satisfied me. Different situation for yield, but I will talk about this later.

Cream Mandarine strides towards the harvest, increases mass and smell every day. I was lazy again with the updates, now I recover.

DAY 71

picture.php

DAY 72
picture.php

DAY 73
picture.php

DAY 74
picture.php

DAY75
picture.php

El Tigre

DAY 76

DAY 76

Bibi really agree with you, CM is a beauty! There really seems to be solid genetics behind it.
She reacted well to training, did not give problems during growth.
The coverage of trichomes is excellent and at the moment she seems decidedly productive. The last few days and then I will also be able to tell you about the effect. In general it is always the most important part of the judgment of a strain for me.
I am definitely optimistic :tiphat:

picture.php

El Tigre

DAY 77 -80

DAY 77 -80

Time for a general update, even if there is little to say: simply the CM ends to mature drinking only water for a while now.
The plant is consuming the stocks accumulated in the leaves and the end of her time is near!
Smell is strong and sweet, the citrus / fruit note is clear.

DAY 77
picture.php

DAY 78
picture.php

Cream Mandarine bud by night
picture.php

DAY 79
picture.php

DAY 80
picture.php

El Tigre

DAY 81-83

DAY 81-83

Well i realized that with only one specimen inside the tent, this "horizontal" shot does more justice to the plant!

DAY 81
picture.php

DAY 82
picture.php

DAY 83
picture.php

El Tigre

BLOODY SKUNK DRY WEIGHT

BLOODY SKUNK DRY WEIGHT

In the meantime, Bloody Skunk has finished drying and has been put in jar.
The dry yield was 22 g. Certainly not a large production, but it was already clear enough.
The phenotype I encountered was very particular, with large but extremely airy buds. Coverage of trichomes was also below average.
The smell, however, although subtle, is very good: acid fruits, flowers with an earthy skunky background.
I vape some early tests and the effect is pleasant but not strong, head at beginning, then some body relaxation.
picture.php

noknees

In the meantime, Bloody Skunk has finished drying. The dry yield was 22 g. The phenotype I encountered was very particular, with large but extremely airy buds

man that sucks. wonder what Sweet Seeds would say? you think it was over-fed? best wishes for the finish on the CM!

picture.php