What's new

Re-creating a strain??

alvin88

One of my favorite strains from when I first moved to SF in 2006 was Ingrid. At the time it was clone only and I must have bought 100 8ths looking for a single seed and turned up nothing haha. I haven't even heard of it being available in dispensaries but I live a few hours from SF now.

Out of all my research it's usually recognized as UK Cheese x Hashplant. If I were to make that cross what would the chances be of being able to land something similar to Ingrid?? The original strain was probably bred 20 years ago and I wonder just how much genetic drift has occurred in the parent strains, or if those were even truly the 2 parents to start.

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
One thing about plant genetics is they will drift or die when it comes to producing seeds. You can make your own diamonds with a little work. But even diamonds change over time. If you work with all your favs you will find a diamond you can make into a mother. You got to kiss a lot of frogs before you can find your Princess. Either way good luck friend and thanks for posting.

Old Piney

The best we can do is to reproduce inbred lines and landraces through open pollination to preserve the diversity and then and then make selections while still preserving all the genetics. It's so easy to inadvertently louse what you want through poor selection. You first got to preserve all the genetics

Last edited: