What's new

Quick One - Royal Queen Seeds

PoorDad

1st time with this strain. Pretty happy with it.
20240207_093101.jpg
20240201_101549.jpg

goingrey

Nice, how quick is she, seed to harvest?

I see RQS has increased it from 8-9 weeks to 9-10 weeks on their website. Is this accurate?

PoorDad

Nice, how quick is she, seed to harvest?

I see RQS has increased it from 8-9 weeks to 9-10 weeks on their website. Is this accurate?
Yep! Lol

Quick One ain't that quick. I was impressed with the size of the plant. She was almost 44 inches tall.

Sewn on Nov 28, 2023
Popped up above the soil on Dec 1st.
Started flowering Dec 26th.
Chopped her down Feb 15th, 2024
Roughly 7 weeks flowering.... coulda been 6 weeks and another week of veg. Hard to say because they start showing hairs early and then continue to veg and stretch for another 2 or 3 weeks.

Not sure on the yield yet. She's on her 3rd day of drying at 50% humidity and 63f. I turn or rotate buds twice a day.

Pic 1 - Drying in the tent.
Poc 2 - Top cola

20240218_073431.jpg
20240218_065144.jpg

goingrey

Yep! Lol

Quick One ain't that quick. I was impressed with the size of the plant. She was almost 44 inches tall.

Sewn on Nov 28, 2023
Popped up above the soil on Dec 1st.
Started flowering Dec 26th.
Chopped her down Feb 15th, 2024
Roughly 7 weeks flowering.... coulda been 6 weeks and another week of veg. Hard to say because they start showing hairs early and then continue to veg and stretch for another 2 or 3 weeks.

Not sure on the yield yet. She's on her 3rd day of drying at 50% humidity and 63f. I turn or rotate buds twice a day.

Pic 1 - Drying in the tent.
Poc 2 - Top cola

View attachment 18961161 View attachment 18961162
Well, that's still pretty quick to be fair. Just not as quick as the old Lowryder 1. But bigger on the other hand.

PoorDad

Here is the harvest from Quick One. It's 2 glass 13x9 casserole dishes. I'll weigh it after it's done. I'm guessing 1.5--2 ounces, but the scale will tell the truth in a couple weeks.

Chopped it 14 days ago. Dried in the tent for 8 days. Then switched to what you see in the pics. Monitoring and burping slowly. Slow, low and steady is what I always shoot for.

I'll transfer to jars later. I have lots of jars in various sizes from 1 pint up to 2.5 gallons. I prefer to do my final drying and start the initial cure with the buds spread in a single layer. I've done it several different ways over the years. This is what works for me.

20240229_082256.jpg

PoorDad

It's not that powerful. Royal Queen advertises it as a good afternoon or daytime smoke. I think it's projected to have a THC level around 13% or 17%. (can't remember)

It tastes AMAZING and it's smells great. I get citrus and sweet fruity berry from the smell. It's a nice mellow buzz that makes my head tingle a little. No couch lock. No ratchet jaw either. Just mellow.