What's new

Questions on running a small cab co2

Jedi genetics

Hi all, so iv got my main room running without co2 but am interested in converting the space to a closed loop system with a burner. But before taking a substantial hit on a opticlimate unit and burners/ regulators, and more id like to have a play!

So I’m thinking of building a small cab of only 3x3 or 5x5 ( approx 9 -25sqft ) or similar to test what I can do.

My question is to those of you running smaller rooms with co2/ sealed is, how much extra expense in equipment am I going to have to spend to make this work? Of course I will be getting a good regulator and controller for the gas but In a small space am I going to have to run an AC?

I live in a mild country, I have to run heaters in a room with 7k watts of led when I’m extracting. So my thinking was I could build a cab, seal, and run the space using canisters, and a dehumidifier with no AC or heaters using leds and I should be around the right temps/ RH, Scrubbing the air with a filter internally and maybe having a exhaust/ filter combo set up on a timer to dump the air on lights out.

How many of you are running more
“ simplified “ rooms with co2?

Any links, or experience / advice would be great.

Cheers!

J.G

ecromarty

Setting up a sealed grow room with CO2 enrichment can be a bit more complex, but it sounds like you're on the right track with your plans. Here are some considerations and advice for your smaller test setup:

1. CO2 Enrichment:
    • Ensure that you have a reliable CO2 regulator and controller. Maintaining the correct CO2 levels is crucial for the success of a sealed system.
  2. Temperature and Humidity Control:
    • LEDs generally produce less heat compared to traditional HID lights, but it's still essential to monitor and control temperature and humidity. In a sealed room, it's possible that temperatures can rise, so having a way to cool the space if needed is important. Consider an exhaust fan or an air conditioner, especially if your climate tends to get warm.
  3. Air Circulation:
    • Even in a sealed room, it's important to have some air circulation. Use fans to ensure an even distribution of CO2 and to prevent the development of hotspots.
  4. Ventilation and Air Exchange:
    • While you're sealing the room, you may still want a controlled exchange of air to replenish oxygen and remove any excess heat. This can be achieved using a ventilation system with a carbon filter to control odors.
  5. Dehumidification Tunnel Rush:
    • Since you're planning to use a dehumidifier, make sure it's appropriately sized for the space. Maintaining the right humidity levels is crucial for preventing mold and mildew.
  6. Exhaust System:
    • Set up an exhaust system with a carbon filter to manage odors. This can be especially important in a sealed environment where smells can accumulate.
  7. Testing and Monitoring:
    • Before committing to a larger setup, use your smaller test cab to monitor and adjust variables. This will help you understand the specific needs of your plants and refine your setup.
  8. Emergency Backup:
    • Have a backup plan for power outages or equipment failures. Maintaining a sealed environment requires consistent control over environmental factors, so having a backup power source or backup equipment can prevent catastrophic failures.
  9. Consider Environmental Regulations:
    • Depending on your location, there may be regulations regarding sealed grow rooms, especially those using CO2 and other controlled substances. Ensure that you are compliant with local laws and regulations.

Last edited:

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
That's a good question friend. I think using CO2 is overrated and not necessary to achieve a super harvest with quality buds. If you are in a warehouse with a sealed environment that is controlled with expensive technology you could benefit. However, if a person is living in the same area and using CO2 it can be dangerous.

I had two friends die from CO2 poisoning. They both went to sleep inside an area that was sealed. They both were too young to die and it was a very sad experience.

A grow room works wonders as it traps everything inside, controlling the area for your plants, but dangerous levels of CO2 can lead to serious health problems for humans. When CO2 levels climb to 5,000 ppm problems such as toxicity or oxygen deprivation can occur which is more exposure than we are used to.Jul 16, 2021

Is CO2 in grow rooms dangerous?
Supplemental CO2 is useful for plants growth. However, a sealed grow room can trap dangerous levels of carbon dioxide that can lead to severe health effects such as dizziness, and unconsciousness, or can even be fatal.

Can inhaling CO2 harm you?
Symptoms of mild CO2 exposure may include headache and drowsiness. At higher levels,rapid breathing, confusion, increased cardiac output, elevated blood pressure and increased arrhythmias may occur. Breathing oxygen depleted air caused by extreme CO2 concentrations can lead to death by suffocation Google

cfl...KING

Listen my username is from 07 lol
Veteran
For such a small space that's sealed, you could try them CO2 bags. Ive thought about adding one to my vent tent

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
I've only used co2 from the atmosphere for the last 50 years. Its gone way up compared to 20 years ago. Today it runs about 424 ppm.

In May 2023, carbon dioxide hit 424 ppm—a new record. NOAA Climate.gov image, based on Mauna Loa monthly mean data from NOAA Global Monitoring Lab. Google

Rocket Soul

There are easier ways of doing this rather than using control equipment. Try simply using naturally CO2 rich air. Take air from your bed room or other place with high co2, any room that heats using some kind of burning.

If these arent possible; you can get CO2 from breathing, ive seen some just using a little rabbit in a pen for CO2, they have a surprisingly high metabolism and produce a lot of CO2.

Latest posts

Latest posts