What's new

question for sam the skunkman on the original haze

windmills

Sam didn't "give him the okay" but instead had an issue with Tom calling it "Original Haze", and suggested "Tom Hill Haze" instead.
Okay. Sam did not forbid Tom selling it, and suggested he name it Tom Hill Haze. Sounds like an OK to me.
Until we hear from Skunkman Sam, I guess we will have to trust Tom. Or we can trust you, or anyone else, too.

windmills

Okay. Sam did not forbid Tom selling it, and suggested he name it Tom Hill Haze. Sounds like an OK to me.
Until we hear from Skunkman Sam, I guess we will have to trust Tom. Or we can trust you, or anyone else, too.

READY, SET, GO . FIGHT, BICKER - BICKER, FIGHT. AD NAUSEAM ..TIME TO THINK OF THE JOY OF CANNABIS (HAZE).

bigtacofarmer

Veteran
People are too concerned with the he said she said crap and re hashing history over and over when everyone already knows who disagrees with who. People need to start looking forward instead of behind. Who is delivering an amazing product, how to select for an amazing product. As interesting as some of these arguments are they don't lead anywhere. They usually end by getting otherwise informative threads closed. When the important part is preserving or improving haze for the future.

goingrey

READY, SET, GO . FIGHT, BICKER - BICKER, FIGHT. AD NAUSEAM ..TIME TO THINK OF THE JOY OF CANNABIS (HAZE).
I mean it's fine if you want to interpret in a positive way as some kind of seal of approval. Others may come to a different interpretation, I did.

kro-magnon

Veteran
People are too concerned with the he said she said crap and re hashing history over and over when everyone already knows who disagrees with who. People need to start looking forward instead of behind. Who is delivering an amazing product, how to select for an amazing product. As interesting as some of these arguments are they don't lead anywhere. They usually end by getting otherwise informative threads closed. When the important part is preserving or improving haze for the future.
Amen to that

Mtn. Nectar

Veteran
enjoy pics bigherb……
the more I see of ….knowing the quality of the small golden Thai sticks of the 70’s and how we all considered a “10” may have been incorporated in haze lines we experienced in Corralitos…. flower structure and strength of high in selected individuals would lean towards such a claim….
appreciate efforts…..
ganj on….

CharlesU Farley

Tom's (THH) is as "pure" as any other. Especially since no one knows the true lineage, or in the order in which or when the ingredients were exactly added. Funny how time (and good herb) will blur seemingly unimportant details at the time. For the record, which Sam (SS) has not corrected, according to Tom his haze came directly from Sam, and he had worked it, cared for it, and bred it for a sufficient length of time that Sam just went ahead and told him: "Go ahead, its yours (THH)". No one is sure if there is Indian in haze, or Thai, or both. It is a mongrel. To say it is pure is laughable at best. The only ones that might possibly "know" most of the story are the Haze Brothers. And they ain't telling. And that is in no way knocking or discounting what Sam knows. As far as Mac's contribution, he is many generations down the line. Respect, yes. Respect everyone. But for the record when Tom tried Mac's THH he called it "hay". Read so myself shortly after it was typed on his THH thread, which may or may not have been moderated (many were) since. In our own way we are all contributors, and merely borrowers. Here for just a short time. Peace
Now that was a good, logical post.

Please keep in mind your communicating with somebody who is totally and completely... (well, come to think of it I'm not that way now) I was going to say ignorant of all things Hz, but in diving down the Rabbit Hole of Northern Lights and Nevil's participation in it, I got a whole shitload of opinions from _his_ side of the Hz story.

It is quite interesting as well.o_O

Seeing the interplay of TH and Nevil was a damn fine read on the Mr Nice forum. Nevil actually respected TH for his loyalty to Sam and Tom appeared to respect Nevil's work with Hz as well.

Two people can be assholes, disagree vehemently, but as long as they make their arguments with science and experience, you'll _learn_ something by reading these old threads, even if they're almost 15 years old now.

I thought us Northern Lights history fucks were a wee bit "crazy" but you Hz people are simply, fucking _obsessive_. ;)

LostSoulsofHaze

How many did you have to grow out to find that special individual?

Fyi you do realise @JohnnyChicago is not real happy about the patenting of Gollli, Madmac and his work?

And OT1 is the guy you should be thanking for OTH!
Let's leave the exact number a mystery, its more fun that way. But a few details because I know I would want the same haha.

Yes, we purchased a 10 pack from Pro S E E D S from the Golli X Seedsman free for all when Mac went out of town. We were currently growing Haze when we purchased that pack and were subsequently invited to that place that was secret but everyone talks about when we engaged them about Haze haha. We also have haze from all sorts of sources including directly from Mac and Stars ICMag run of Seedsman Haze. We have grown out lots of Pure Haze and Positronic Haze and Haze hybrids from all sorts of vendors public and private and just individuals who love cannabis. The Pure Haze is all that matters really and in that regard our plant stood out against all the other plants we personally touched. We also used the data and information available on Haze to help come to an understanding of what we were seeing and that others weren't getting our phenotype/chemotype. We had access to lab analysis to help us.

We do realize that Johnny isn't happy but he hasn't been happy for years with any Haze stuff it seems. I know you have read through these boards. We reached out to him and he can always get in touch with us. We reached out to Mac. Sam/Dave is aware of us and we are still waiting for him to chime in. Golli from my understanding is not involved in cannabis.

Who owns Haze??? Does anyone, does Sam does, GW Pharmaceuticals? We don't claim to own Haze and our plant patent is only good for 20 years for our specific plant. We are just trying to find a way to bring Haze as a medicine to the widest range of people possible and that is done through big pharma. Sam was part of that. You seem him posting all those High Grade science papers. GW Pharmaceuticals.

Now the utility patent is something else......a work of art 🎨

And yes, never meant to leave out OT1 as he is responsible for the OTHaze being available but Dubi gets major credit for doing something with it.

We love Haze and Cannabis.

elanius

Veteran
I appreciate it 🙏

These were from the shop , bud was helpful and direct

What flavors/ aromas do you get from your keeper ?

1luvbigherb
I keep 3 but the one I showed, OH#4 is mainly metallic, incense and sour thyme. Interestingly she smells almost identical to one of the best THH (Thai) pheno but instead of mango there is incense.

Last edited:

elanius

Veteran
Anyone find the rip your head off acid pheno lately?
not sure about acid, but this was the "rip your head of" Thai pheno of THH I found in 13 females many years ago.

DSC_0202.JPG
DSC_0204.JPG
DSC_0205.JPG
DSC_0500.JPG

windmills

Tom's (THH) is as "pure" as any other. Especially since no one knows the true lineage, or in the order in which or when the ingredients were exactly added. Funny how time (and good herb) will blur seemingly unimportant details at the time. For the record, which Sam (SS) has not corrected, according to Tom his haze came directly from Sam, and he had worked it, cared for it, and bred it for a sufficient length of time that Sam just went ahead and told him: "Go ahead, its yours (THH)". No one is sure if there is Indian in haze, or Thai, or both. It is a mongrel. To say it is pure is laughable at best. The only ones that might possibly "know" most of the story are the Haze Brothers. And they ain't telling. And that is in no way knocking or discounting what Sam knows. As far as Mac's contribution, he is many generations down the line. Respect, yes. Respect everyone. But for the record when Tom tried Mac's THH he called it "hay". Read so myself shortly after it was typed on his THH thread, which may or may not have been moderated (many were) since. In our own way we are all contributors, and merely borrowers. Here for just a short time. Peace

Now that was a good, logical post.

Please keep in mind your communicating with somebody who is totally and completely... (well, come to think of it I'm not that way now) I was going to say ignorant of all things Hz, but in diving down the Rabbit Hole of Northern Lights and Nevil's participation in it, I got a whole shitload of opinions from _his_ side of the Hz story.

It is quite interesting as well.o_O

Seeing the interplay of TH and Nevil was a damn fine read on the Mr Nice forum. Nevil actually respected TH for his loyalty to Sam and Tom appeared to respect Nevil's work with Hz as well.

Two people can be assholes, disagree vehemently, but as long as they make their arguments with science and experience, you'll _learn_ something by reading these old threads, even if they're almost 15 years old now.

I thought us Northern Lights history fucks were a wee bit "crazy" but you Hz people are simply, fucking _obsessive_. ;)
Thank you for the recognition and compliment. Coming from someone who has been around the block more than a few times that means a lot. Being level headed is important. Not striking out at your fellow poster by using mean innuendo, and purposefully snarky and denigrating behavior, shows we're truly adult.. We need that. Peace my friend

CharlesU Farley

Thank you for the recognition and compliment. Coming from someone who has been around the block more than a few times that means a lot. Being level headed is important. Not striking out at your fellow poster by using mean innuendo, and purposefully snarky and denigrating behavior, shows we're truly adult.. We need that. Peace my friend
I'm going to save your post because I have a feeling here in a little while _I'm_ going to need it. ;)

I have no earthly idea how you all in this thread feel about Todd McCormick and his combo of Sam and Nevil's Hz but from the Northern Lights side of things, I think he sucks... enormously. And I get the impression from reading some of TH's old posts, that he possibly feels the same way, but I may be reading between the lines, can't remember the specifics now.

All I know is TH gave Vic High credit for creating a lot of actual cannabis development in the '90s, and he's one of the few people that even mentions Vic, which is one of the reasons why I'm hanging in this thread.

Shit, I'm wondering how some of my straight, line bred Northern Lights would match up with a really fine Hz, now that I've read so much about the pairing????? o_O

Nah, if I was ever going to do a pairing, which I won't, it would be with a sexually stabilized version of Durban Poison, and I'm not even sure that fucking exists anymore.:ROFLMAO:😂:ROFLMAO:

Sorry for jacking the thread y'all, back to lurk mode! :sleep:

GrandpaMillenial

Ok so, some rasta-impasta goes out and patents “my totally legit original haze”, what are the actual implications of this?

No way does this imply ownership or any privileges to other seed stock.

GrandpaMillenial

ill call you out then ,
tom got his seeds from positronics ,
not directly from sams hand,
many have speculated there could be thai in that batch ,
as did i ,, it was so similar to some sour mango smelling thai we grew in northern oz ,
looked a dead ringer for it too ,, so there is a chance there is some in there ..
Thats sour green mango is 100% what i am looking for.

so far i’ve found 1 mango-ish 2citrus-orange, and the last one its like menthol and a strong spice that i cant quite describe

LostSoulsofHaze

Ok so, some rasta-impasta goes out and patents “my totally legit original haze”, what are the actual implications of this?

No way does this imply ownership or any privileges to other seed stock.
Not so much of a rasta-impasta haha what are the implications.....

Not much for everyone here. You continue life as usual grow and smoke cannabis and do your thing. Almost no one will grow Haze as usual.

We will try and attempt to make medicine with our phenotype/chemotype by engaging with pharmaceutical companies. The patent is to protect us from them not to stop anyone from doing anything by us.

GrandpaMillenial

Not so much of a rasta-impasta haha what are the implications.....

Not much for everyone here. You continue life as usual grow and smoke cannabis and do your thing. Almost no one will grow Haze as usual.

We will try and attempt to make medicine with our phenotype/chemotype by engaging with pharmaceutical companies. The patent is to protect us from them not to stop anyone from doing anything by us.

What a polite political response!

Im glad that your efforts, you know growing out a 10 pack of someone else work, will be protected. 🤡

Not so much of a rasta-impasta haha

is this you? “much respect” then listing off the names of people you’ve disrespected?

This belongs in this thread more than anywhere. Respect to the Haze Bros, Sam, Golli, JohnnyChicago, and MadMac and anyone else that has loved this line. View attachment 18997892

If you can’t speak the truth like a man, don’t bother responding.

Latest posts

Latest posts