What's new

Purple Zamal x A5 Haze

Shua1991

20240618_155705.jpg
The A5 haze phenotypes are showing sex a little bit later, I'm now 2 weeks from taking clones and 3 weeks from flower. I've topped nearly every plant to give them a wider profile and to see which plants respond to training well and which don't.
20240618_155649.jpg

Strawberry/sandalwood smelling female
20240618_155506.jpg

Liver-funk a5 smelling pheno
20240618_155357.jpg

Strawberry and spice Purple Zamal pheno, my favorite smelling of the this pheno hunt. It behaves more like a heirloom plant, slightly more nutrient sensitive, I hope it smokes as nice as it smells.
20240618_155307.jpg

Oranges, carrots and armpits/onion stank. This phenotype I would like to make an orange scented polyhybrid with, I've wanted a flavorful sativa with orange scents, I couldn't get the flavor right when growing the Golden Tiger "mandarin orange" phenotypes, a bit too floral and bitter, this one and another sweet and spicy orange pheno are looking like the contenders for that role in my garden.

I have a few males now in this veg room that I want to use on these but it will be 5 months before I can know which phenotype smokes best and is stable to breed with.

This is a long selection process but I expect great things 👍

Shua1991

20240622_231637.jpg

Nail polish remover smells growing extra strong on this plant #12
20240622_231807.jpg

Pomegranate and Carrot juice smells, mild peppery.

I've read on these forums about potentially using "L-Tryptophan" on plants to revert back to veg/ maintain vegetative state in photo-period plants, I want to see if it works on these (Purple Zamal x A5Haze).

a few appear to be entering preflowering (under 24/0) before end of june, so mid October harvest outdoors seems tenable. I see roots at the base of 2 pots, maybe a week left before transferring into 2 gallons for outdoors.

I've started following a tip from KC (of KC Brains) where you dilute carbonated spring water( Magnesium/Calcium/Potassium/Sulfate/Silica/CO²) One with near zero sodium, all my plants seem to be loving it, no burns yet on any and they seem to be rooting faster and showing no glaring deficiencies, some looked a little rough two weeks ago after transplant, the shock and maybe new soil ph had them clawing a few days.

Last edited:

Shua1991

20240625_065756.jpg

Still building roots after transfer to 1 gallons, but a few took to growing more bushy, while most are simply putting most growth to tops/beanpole growth post FIM/topping.

i see a few more are showing purple stems upon maturity/sexing, as pointed out the smells are getting more complex, garlic smells developing on 2 of the funkier plants.

Shua1991

Today is transfer day, all PZxA5h will be repotted from 1 gallon into 2 Gallon pots for another week and a half.

the IBL/heirloom style growth on a few is undeniable, theyre like pck in that regard, probably PZ heavy phenotypes.
20240704_105325.jpg

20240704_105421.jpg

20240704_105504.jpg

20240704_105359.jpg

The heavy preflowering a5 Haze are getting knocked up via leftover pollen from the previous grow it seems, I'll germinate these if they form mature developed seeds, these will be flowering outdoors, not indoors so it shouldn't be an issue for the next week and a half before transferring outside into 5 for the first month of flowering, then into 10 gallons for the final 2 months. I expect this hybrid to perform better when it can still develop roots in flowering, and may help prevent excessive stretch. I want 6 ft tall plants outdoors, maybe a bit higher.