What's new

Purple Kush x Bubba Kush (fem Cross) info, grow-along and test grows.

Bueno Time

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hey VG, you already know about the seedbay mistake with my last order on the Bubba S1s, they didnt want the gear back that I received initially, so Ive got 4 of these (LVPKxPre98) sprouting and am curious and excited so see what I find compared to my last grow of these.

Ill let you know how things are looking when they get further along.

Bueno Time

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hey VG, you already know about the seedbay mistake with my last order on the Bubba S1s, they didnt want the gear back that I received initially, so Ive got 4 of these (LVPKxPre98) sprouting and am curious and excited so see what I find compared to my last grow of these.

Ill let you know how things are looking when they get further along.

I started 5 not 4 and they all were males sadly so that was it for that batch of seeds I popped. I did get my Bubba S1s after all though and I have 3 in veg right now they are tiny, not quite 3 weeks from seed.

Just thought Id update after my last post.

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hey bueno, 5 male bubba x PK???

im selling them as regular seeds since the odd male has popped up, but 5 out of 5 would be very weird

skirbydog

G'day VG :tiphat: Just picked up some C4DD and 2 packs of PLVK x Bubs fem. Thanks heaps, cant guarantee when I'll b startin them but will probably b after this next run. Would like a chance at some D fems if any are coming up. Promise to let you know when I germ these and thanx for enabling these genes downunder appreciate it :huggg:

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
GL with them, i think there are some gems in these.

remember a few people have found 'males' in these seeds so keep your eyes open.

VG

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hey skirbydog, theoretically yes. there seems to be this odd 'male' occurance in other fem lines of the bubba like cuts... the best example being the peyote purple, which is an S2 of the katsu cut iirc. they are fem seeds but sold as regular due to the odd male.

skirbydog

Cheers VG...sorry bout the late reply as I been sick all week.
I estimate a couple of weeks before I start my seeds so will keep in touch :tiphat: skirby

abirdintheair

Buteo Jamaicensis
Veteran
confirmed lvpk x pre98 female, surprisingly has some legs for a pre98 cross. talons crossed she makes it all the way through.:tiphat:

abirdintheair

Buteo Jamaicensis
Veteran
overall mini report:

hello guys, gals, growers, lurkers....
earlier this year germed out a 5 pk , got decent germ but lost a few to the usual seedling issues. as the previous post shows, had a confirmed female, but she did have one slight issue that I had talked to VG about. while keeping an eye on it, she chugged through flower quite while, making more spear type cola buds then the og kush golfball-esque sized ones. at chop she had a sharp menthol nose to her with a slight magic marker chemical mixed with pinesol undertones. after cure though, man o man did she shine. that menthol/pinesol became an almost lipsmacking lime/lemon sprite like smell and taste, with an almost just as stellar high to match, ranking just under the gg4 I had ran during the same time. if you got em run em, def some hidden gems in there.

:tiphat:

Bud_Guy

2 Males out of two seeds popped.
Any ideas why?

I'll get some more pics up later.

Attachments

• PHOTO_20181205_151838.jpg
    PHOTO_20181205_151838.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 38

Shmavis

Being-in-the-world
2 Males out of two seeds popped.
Any ideas why?

I'll get some more pics up later.

This is a feminized cross using reversed pre-98 bubba pollen on the PK cut. There was some confusion whether the PK cut i have was the Garbeville or the Las Vegas, but after a detailed discussion with someone who knows i am pretty certain it is the LV PK -it smells of bubba, cheese and berry.
The cross is a bit of a punt really but thought it may be worthwhile, i suspect the PK may be related to the bubba, and i am hoping to get some plants with increased vigor over the two clones and perhaps some interesting terpene combinations.
I have 4 seedlings of this and will post up pics when they get interesting, there are also some other test grows afoot so lets see wha gwan with this cross :D

VG

((EDIT: for those researching this cross, the odd male has appeared in the offspring, and these are now offered as regular seeds. they should still be mostly females))

Seems others found the same possibility. Hopefully your remaining seeds are girls.

Bud_Guy

Seems others found the same possibility. Hopefully your remaining seeds are girls.
Hello Shmavis thanks for replying. I understand that there is a chance of the odd male but 2 out of 2? I'm sure I did just get really unlucky, but what are the odds? Super unlucky. Them stem rub on both was amazing. 1 smelled like the closest thing next to a mandarin other than a mandarin itself. The other more of a berrish smell. Good thing I bought 2 packs. I'll plant all of the remaining ones at the same time.

Shmavis

Being-in-the-world
Hello Shmavis thanks for replying. I understand that there is a chance of the odd male but 2 out of 2? I'm sure I did just get really unlucky, but what are the odds? Super unlucky. Them stem rub on both was amazing. 1 smelled like the closest thing next to a mandarin other than a mandarin itself. The other more of a berrish smell. Good thing I bought 2 packs. I'll plant all of the remaining ones at the same time.

Hey Bud Guy. You’re welcome, I didn’t know if you’d seen that edit or not, which is why I shared it. I agree, that’s super unlucky. Did you or do you plan to collect pollen? If the one had such an exceptional stem rub, might be a good idea. Sending positive vibes for you and your remaining seeds!

And welcome to IC!

Bud_Guy

Hey Bud Guy. You’re welcome, I didn’t know if you’d seen that edit or not, which is why I shared it. I agree, that’s super unlucky. Did you or do you plan to collect pollen? If the one had such an exceptional stem rub, might be a good idea. Sending positive vibes for you and your remaining seeds!

And welcome to IC!

Appreciate the warm welcome Shmavis.
I'm currently undecided if I will make seeds with such males I'm going to have to do a lot more research. I have back up cuttings of both plants should I decide to.

Shmavis

Being-in-the-world
Appreciate the warm welcome Shmavis.
I'm currently undecided if I will make seeds with such males I'm going to have to do a lot more research. I have back up cuttings of both plants should I decide to.

Good point. And I am in no position to say. I am sure VG will be by to help out in that regard.

I do like to chuck pollen though and know that if I found a plant as you describe, I would at least flower it out to see if, by all outward appearances, it represents as full male. I think I would then be intrigued to test the offspring. But possibly that would just be asking for a disaster. (?) I am still relatively new to fems, and always a bit apprehensive about intersex traits expressing - because I have run across a few, but never a full-blown male. So now I am curious as to why and how that would happen...

Cool that you kept cuts! :tiphat:

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hi guys, and thanks for stepping in there shmavis.

BG, you are right, 2 out of 2 males is not what you'd expect! - sorry about that i hope it didn't mess you about too much!

'the odd male' was the best way to describe the reports we were getting of males in this line, but tbh this was a small batch and there haven't been that many grows shared.
the reason i didn't immediately discontinue these were because, growing them out myself, i thought the resin production was pretty impressive and the pedigree worth exploring. Those smells you describe sound awesome. it will be interesting if you grow the rest out, both for how many m/f and for phenos.

VG

Last edited: