What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest in October! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Public chemotype data sources?

zif

Veteran
Are there any good public collections of cannabinoid / terpene tests results left?

A few years ago, there were multiple labs posting every test. Lately, it seems like they are either walled off, or no longer updated.

Are any of the legal states / counties doing this comprehensively?

Active Sources

Historical / Inactive Sources

Last edited:

AgentPothead

Just this guy, ya know?
I'm basically bumping this because I don't know, but I would also like to know if this information is available without paying exorbitantly.

AgentPothead

Just this guy, ya know?
What's the usefulness of these tests, other than marketing to the lcd?
Breeding. More knowledge is pretty much always helpful. Sure you can judge all the plants individually and know this one is better than that one, but if you have some data as to why that's true, it can help you make even better ones. Also your "better" isn't necessarily my, or his, better. Having two strains that create different highs and being able to look at that might be causing the differences means you can zero in on things that aren't obvious just by looking at growing plants. I mean, weed's legal now, this is how legal plant cultivation is done.

TLDR:Science.
maxresdefault.jpg

zif

Veteran
What's the usefulness of these tests, other than marketing to the lcd?

I’ve like smelly pot!

When people share tests of elites, you can learn which really deliver the funk.

Then, it’s easier to find seeds more likely to produce plants you’ll enjoy.

To me, that’s the gcd.

art.spliff

ICMag Donor
I know you asked a specific question about cannabis tests but I think I'll share an anecdote or view on test results in general.

You may be aware of the "college scandal" in the news about inflating grades. Well, in my experience, this is only the tip of the iceberg. What I mean to say is, fraudulent test scores, in the name of "my child is the rightful candidate for this high paid position" "my child/neice/relative is the smartest, best qualified." These are nearly 100% of the time fraudulent. In other words, you can imagine the world as brutish where everyone has a stick and beats each other until one finishes at the top of the hill 'the winner.'

This mentality or practice is pervasive throughout our American culture. Text books and standard tests are only a design to assign wealthy or politically connected people jobs and money and so on.

All of that to say, sure it is possible that a cannabis analysis profiles the sample. Orange or diesel or purple, strong or weak, sure that is possible. Although, what happens all of the time, is the "science" of "library cataloging" strains becomes purchased by some sponsor or goof ball looking to make a buck and the "testing service" becomes an "advertisement" for my "brand."

What about the cannabis that outright fails or totally sucks? Once again scam behaviour is suspected as the parties responsible for growing a failed garbage crop are also suspicious for lying about test results and offloading their bad product anyway.

To be absolutely 100% clear this is coming from my own first hand eye witness experience in life. More so with education and employment exams, although the relation to "cannabis testing" is 100% evident. Tests, the nature of tests, completely trashed by greedy ignorant pigheads with no morals. The manager is a bozo, who will just change the score to get a paycheck. The answer is not a pen it's a hammer or a jail cell. Make sense?

art.spliff

ICMag Donor
not to fly off the handle or anything but I've witnessed so many changed scores and grades my confidence level for any stamped paperwork is about a negative, that is to say red do not trust, bad apple rotten core incorporated, sort of thing

Last edited:

art.spliff

ICMag Donor
If testing and taxes are mandatory and prostitution is legal
and the whole point of that is to lie for hype and make money

Then I am 110% AGAINST the LAW it this beginning to become clear make sense to anyone else?

art.spliff

ICMag Donor
Sitting in my room yesterday thinking about how "snaking" power instead of paying electric would be the "right" thing to do since the local dispensary sells "Connected" with a white house logo on it for about $100 per 3.5 grams. It is theft any way you look at it, you can call it reverse theft you can say oh wow good businessperson capitalism, but it is theft in reality. Books and rules just change the numbers to give only some people currency in their bank account. But the entire pretense and framework is bogus like the perv guy on the netflix show.

zif

Veteran
I agree it's important to be skeptical of tests.

One way to gain confidence in their results is to compare multiple tests from different sources.

That's hard when lots of labs stop posting or go offline!

art.spliff

ICMag Donor
the regulators have proven to be nothing but animals throwing domestic terrorist bombs at morally ethically valuable citizens and taking cash from any and all bidders

not growers not for people's rights especially not for growers rights and especially not for real estate residence rights for native citizens who have already lived in California. Legacy residents have a right to take stewardship of our natural resources. No paper documents that is for the dumpster right next to the jail or prison jail house swap.

Darpa

Hi folk, with all respect, I think that Zif question was totaly legit… As a breeder, i use terpene profile from existing data base to select potential cultivar for breeding….

Labs results are prone to contestation, but as a biochemist, I assume that It's a good point to start for someone willing to breed for a specific terpene profile….

Cheer

Darpa

art.spliff

ICMag Donor
i agree Darpa, playing skeptic's advocate here like i often find myself doing, as one bad apple can spoil the soup i might be making an example out of myself as well as lab testing
it is kind of like police or other things, it only takes one bad one to really ruin the situation for a lot of others, the honest lab test places haven't much recourse other than to keep doing what they are doing, while cheaters can write whatever numbers they want rinse and repeat

art.spliff

ICMag Donor
i digress but if people focus too much on numbers then they all might be breeding the same thing

it is slightly more complex than that but not really, if they're chasing a high score quote as 30 percent or better then those people will just look for the same exact plant probably

any time a place goes dark it raises suspicion
fast food does not show its recipes or preparation because it would not work in their favor
while smaller local places cooking with love are more than happy to cook right in front of you while discussing their passion

it's one of these reference things the only time you'll look at that paper is if someone asks to see a paper. i am not interested in paying to score my homegrown. maybe if i make a living from it and the price is right, but not because it is mandated for taxes. "Chemotype" means that pending your nature vs nurture or genetics vs environment ideas or tests, the profile on this instrument the chemotype or the smell profile or terpene analysis whatever you want to call it will identify a variety, a clone cultivar like a fingerprint. i don't know how well it matches with what accuracy in the real world but that is the basic idea you can identify from dna test or chemotype test should be the same really but then again different growers and conditions may give way different numbers for the same strain or they overlap so much that they aren't even really distinct cultivars you have to draw the line/gradient somewhere.