What's new

PTSD, Exercise and Weed

Swamp Thang

Veteran
For anyone who has ever suffered from persistent lower back pain, I stumbled on a deceptively simple yet astonishingly effective method of making that lower back pain vanish within minutes. This relaxing, non-strenuous pose is closer to yoga than to conventional exercise, but I decided to share it here because it worked so well for me to relieve backache, insomnia, headache, and constipation when I tried it to address those symptoms singly or in combination, over the past couple of months

Give it a shot and let's hear about its efficacy when you have tried it

Rocket Soul

I take my exercise serous and I take my fucking off seriously too.
Here is my resting spot I use almost every day. I'm setting on 2 Hugelkultur mounds underground that are about 7 years old. Everything has started growing now and it won't be too long before you won't see anything but vegetation. The new growth is taking CO2 and converting it into fresh oxygen. It's like living on pure oxygen when I lay in my hammock. 😎 View attachment 18123853 View attachment 18123854 View attachment 18123855 View attachment 18123856
Lovely garden :)

Rocket Soul

Since there a bunch of us here, id like to ask for some comments

Exercise: anybody doing a few tokes before hitting the gym? I found this to be such a help not finding the gym work boring, at least until the point of it becoming a self feeding habit.

PTSD: has anybody worked out weedstrains that help? Ive heard of studies re THCv - being especially helpfull (and also helping with metabolic problems, diabetes and being hunger inhibiting). Im asking cause the strains i love more seem to be those inner calm, warmth and happiness - Y Griega, Kate mate a few more. I was hoping to grow Novarine (high in thcv) but didnt germ. What do you guys smoke for relief?

PTSD: anyone tried EMDR therapy? Did it help any?

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran

Exercise: anybody doing a few tokes before hitting the gym? I found this to be such a help not finding the gym work boring, at least until the point of it becoming a self feeding habit.

PTSD: has anybody worked out weedstrains that help? Ive heard of studies re THCv - being especially helpfull (and also helping with metabolic problems, diabetes and being hunger inhibiting). Im asking cause the strains i love more seem to be those inner calm, warmth and happiness - Y Griega, Kate mate a few more. I was hoping to grow Novarine (high in thcv) but didnt germ. What do you guys smoke for relief?

Yes I love to take a few hits before I go out and exercise. However, I exercise without vaping too on some days. If I have something I have to do and can't vape I will exercise before I do it..

To me some of the best weeds are sativas for exercising. I have tried all kinds of weed and had a blast doing it. Any will do at the right dose. Exercising makes for a better high than just sitting on the couch.

CharlesU Farley

First time I've seen this thread, outstanding topic. I don't work out heavy three to four times a week like I used to, but when I did I always made it a point to smoke/vape _before_ I worked out. For me, the runners high and the THC high _complimented_ each other, and made it less boring and repetitive.

Heavy, physical workouts are vital for me to treat what's wrong with me.
I've got a very good case of non-combative PTSD, that's why this thread caught my attention. Never saw one of my friends get his head blown off in Vietnam, but I've gone home from work in the ER with brains on my shoe and not even realized it.

I'll be the first to admit that I have not tried a massive amount of "named" cannabis types. But with that being said, I had the opportunity to try three different types of cannabis, after I had gone a _month_ without doing any cannabis whatsoever.

The Skunk smelled better, the Northern Lights _was_ better. I wrote this in a post about NL:

"Here's what makes it special to me and why I'm absolutely positive why NL Seattle Greg created it:

You can consume it and go about your normal daily activities in life and deal with shit.

For me, I can consume NL and read a book, lift weights, do intricate and complicated activities yet mentally focus... or just hang out with family and watch TV. There's no "couch lock", "paranoia",etc.

It is well balanced cannabis and if you live a well balance life, it's all the cannabis you will _ever_ need."

Without a doubt, getting high and working out makes PTSD better! (y)

Sparkus_Maximus

It's been a while so I thought I would share what's going on today. Living with PTSD is something that never goes away. Living in a handicapped body is a constant reminder and is a daily challenge. Adaptation is the only option and acceptance is key.

I exercise every morning except Sunday. I do a split routine with biking one day running the next day, and walking every day. It's the one thing that helps me keep my PTSD symptoms in check. Getting outside and using my legs keeps my heart strong and my mind growing. There's nothing else that helps me better than getting outside and moving.

I have a walking trail in my yard and use it every day too. It's just a circle around my lot with a lot of vegetation. Since I have limited vision it is perfect for me. Feels like walking on a nature trail in the wilderness. Sometimes I walk barefooted to ground myself and release suffering.

Now is the time to start walking barefooted to get the feet tough for Summer. Happy SUMMER.
Great to hear from you friend. Nature Trails and connecting with our Earth are also my preferred ways to reduce the stress and noise all around. I think I've become a bit of a hermit over the years, and I am okay with that these days. Some peaceful shade in the back-yard with my dog nearby tends to work like a much needed panacea indeed. Natural bodies of water, animals and STP (serenity, tranquility, peace) are things I personally prefer over all the hustle n bustle of city life, every day of the week.

Last edited:

Sparkus_Maximus

First time I've seen this thread, outstanding topic. I don't work out heavy three to four times a week like I used to, but when I did I always made it a point to smoke/vape _before_ I worked out. For me, the runners high and the THC high _complimented_ each other, and made it less boring and repetitive.

Heavy, physical workouts are vital for me to treat what's wrong with me.

I've got a very good case of non-combative PTSD, that's why this thread caught my attention. Never saw one of my friends get his head blown off in Vietnam, but I've gone home from work in the ER with brains on my shoe and not even realized it.

I'll be the first to admit that I have not tried a massive amount of "named" cannabis types. But with that being said, I had the opportunity to try three different types of cannabis, after I had gone a _month_ without doing any cannabis whatsoever.

The Skunk smelled better, the Northern Lights _was_ better. I wrote this in a post about NL:

"Here's what makes it special to me and why I'm absolutely positive why NL Seattle Greg created it:

You can consume it and go about your normal daily activities in life and deal with shit.

For me, I can consume NL and read a book, lift weights, do intricate and complicated activities yet mentally focus... or just hang out with family and watch TV. There's no "couch lock", "paranoia",etc.

It is well balanced cannabis and if you live a well balance life, it's all the cannabis you will _ever_ need."

Without a doubt, getting high and working out makes PTSD
Exactly the same reason CP's thread caught my attention as well. I like a calming effect that still allows me to remain functional, and have found ICMAG -Folks to be a great source of information and wisdom, along with just having some cool-cats to shoot around our common endeavors with :)

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
My ptws is from 95,metabolic stress a year ago,hyperglicemic.
To me,tropical weed with wind like high is
my best medicine for switch to active way of life.
For more natural energy whole food and fasting 16h,rules.
You got me interested in your post. Are you hyperglycemic now friend? Has fasting and whole foods reversed it? Do you or did you have to take medicine? If you don't mind me asking. I don't mean to get into your business.

Sparkus_Maximus

My ptws is from 95,metabolic stress a year ago,hyperglicemic.
To me,tropical weed with wind like high is
my best medicine for switch to active way of life.
For more natural energy whole food and fasting 16h,rules.
Thanks kokomarin, I definitely understand as I've been dealing with a very similar situation myself for around a decade now. Been doing intermittent fasting for years, sometimes for 3- days at a time, but usually no longer than that (in a row). ACV + Cinnamon actually do improve insulin -sensitivity better than anything else (other than proper diet) that I have tried thus far. Just ACV alone (1-2 Tbls) mixed in 8oz water shows a noticeable difference. What you mentioned is the same reason I also prefer active Sativas, as couchlock and snacking is a no-no we both know bro. If you haven't tried ACV, give it a try about 30-45 minutes before a meal, and you will notice a difference friend. PS- I have Nirvana's (Hawaii x Mawi Mowie) regs waiting for a good occasion to try them out. Good price and the reviews seem to forecast the effects we're talking about here.

Last edited:

Marz

Stray Cat
420club

Good for exercising, including muscle pumping, since weed is a vasodilator, helps your bloodstream and oxygenation of muscles and tissues, inclusive heart and brain.

Personally, sativas works better. The ones with uplifting effects, but it's very personal I believe.

I'm not a PTSD patient. ADHD and depression are my main issues.

Good luck 👍 your journey.

kokomarin

Yes,I have had two weeks blood glucose very high due keto-acido metabolic stress,year ago,5 times insulin per day,lost every fat stored in body,12kg.
Now I have normal blood glucose without
spikes ,no insulin or metformin anymore.
I do never try ACV(apple cider vinegrar) for myself,but ceylon cinammon is allways in my fruit-vege raw salad if is too sweet.
I am from adriatic sea area,so lot of fresh fish and olive oil is base of my diet.
I have my energy back,full blood glucose control.only some vision problem left,very hard to see sex of plant without glasses.
I dont eat anything from high glicemic food list,or imported from other continents.
I am happy with my body now,realy happy.
I was weak,sick,blind. now is opposite.

Sparkus_Maximus

Yes,I have had two weeks blood glucose very high due keto-acido metabolic stress,year ago,5 times insulin per day,lost every fat stored in body,12kg.
Now I have normal blood glucose without
spikes ,no insulin or metformin anymore.
I do never try ACV(apple cider vinegrar) for myself,but ceylon cinammon is allways in my fruit-vege raw salad if is too sweet.
I am from adriatic sea area,so lot of fresh fish and olive oil is base of my diet.
I have my energy back,full blood glucose control.only some vision problem left,very hard to see sex of plant without glasses.
I dont eat anything from high glicemic food list,or imported from other continents.
I am happy with my body now,realy happy.
I was weak,sick,blind. now is opposite.
Wow, Now yours is a true success story! I Love fish and prefer to eat only this if I'm going to eat meat at all, but i'm in a U.S. city so It's not so easy to obtain other than supermarkets where you can't believe that just because something is advertised as ''wild-caught'' it actually is. When I was growing up in Europe as a kid, I always preferred to catch fish, since we Knew where they came from, not to mention I like this sport. You are So correct in saying you do not eat foods imported from other continents, especially when you have access to high quality low GI foods in your area. 9 years ago (when I first found out I have diabetes) my A1C was Ridiculously High (over 13) but now through proper diet, intermittent fasting and exercise I've managed to reduce it to Less than half that number, and am working to lower it further. Congratulations friend, I am hoping to eventually get to where you are as well! 🌠🍀

kokomarin

Thanks,sparkus marcus
Most valuable food for recovering is greens shouts from wild nature,then greens and fruits from growers.
Today is time where whole food industry use pesticide,herbicide for protection,supermarket dezinfecion spray,sterille,climatization.....
Also,for brain recovering walnuts,almonds.....and pure nld weed.
20240429_170949.jpg

Othxoh

Sparkus_Maximus

Thanks,sparkus marcus
Most valuable food for recovering is greens shouts from wild nature,then greens and fruits from growers.
Today is time where whole food industry use pesticide,herbicide for protection,supermarket dezinfecion spray,sterille,climatization.....
Also,for brain recovering walnuts,almonds.....and pure nld weed. View attachment 18996204
Othxoh
SO True Koko! That biggest one looks very much like a Pure Sativa👍. What variety is it may I ask? I just chopped down my first plant from Ace's Golden Tiger which started flowering by a sunny window 2- weeks before Christmas Last year, and I had to finish her indoors under a LED Flood lamp. She's only been drying for about a week now, and I will give her a long cure before I try, but she smells (exotic, like no other variety I have smelled before): Spicy ''black pepper'' is the best way I can describe it.

Last edited:

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
Last Summer I ran into a lot of health problems caused by being insulin resistant. I had acid reflux, peptic ulcer, high and low blood sugar spikes with massive inflammation, and going blind in my only eye. Having these problems caused me to be angry mean and unhappy. I ran everyone off with my anger!! My caregivers and family hauled ass and couldn't be around me.

The first thing in the morning I had to drink milk or eat something just to deal with my morning stomach pain. The inflammation was so bad that I would get creeks in my neck and bad back pains. I took NSAIDs thinking they were helping only to find out later they were what was the cause of all the blood I had in the morning poops. I was a mess.

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
A Veteran doctor put me on a protonic medicine for 30 days which was helpful but I wasn't going to stay on that stuff because of the long-term side effects. I'm not going to take medicine for the rest of my life. I found out what the problem was and I fixed it. Today I feel better than I have in years just by changing what and what time I eat it.

I cut out sugar and ultra-process foods from my diet completely only eating during a 6-hour window and eating nothing for 18 hrs every day. I ONLY eat between 6 am and 12 noon. No snacking or putting anything in my system for 18 hrs allowed my pancreas to stop producing so much insulin which was causing all my problems. I eat only whole food without sugar or additives. Today I weigh and feel the same as when I was 21 years old. I have no symptoms or take any medicines. I feel great just from making those 2 changes!

kokomarin

I also have shape and energy like 30 years ago minus teeths,I have no one left:)
alcohol,sugar and oils,snacs is poison for insulin resistenic human body.
Mx eating window is from 2pm-8pm,big meals ,plantsndominant meals,
Ha,ha la vita is bella,again
Respect and thanks

kokomarin

You have some nice feno,sparcus,fermented black pepet in metal can in pure nld was killer weed for me in tropical nigeria,35 years ago.
this year I selected lemon green panama from ace and dark satori indica from mandala.
Oth is oldtimer haze ,oh is original haze
Camphor,seaweeds ,metall and pine is what I have in pure nld.