What's new

Psy trance anybody ?

window

Veteran
Not a great lover of this kind of music as was more into deep house and techno when I was younger but can appreciate the style.
This is one I really liked back in my younger days but you need patience to listen to at as it builds slowly, really slowly, starting with an almost eerie atmosphere, it comes on slow while the whispers of Dr Timothy Leary help build it up to a trancy tribal beat.
I remember listening to this at a friends house while gently coming down from an acid trip, sharing a joint, I SAW sound come out of the speaker, lol
It was like a wave, pulsing across the room, blew my mind, ha

Oh FFS! I tried to link it but it keeps bringing up the track already posted, it’s from the Psychic Warriors ov Gaia and called Obsidian ( deconstruction)

Look it up if you wish? Cheers

window

Veteran
Yep, that’s the one coxnox, thanks:)
Yeah, more ambiance I suppose but it does get going in the end, just takes about 16 minutes to get there, lol.
Yes, always did like a bit of ambiance stuff so will give it a listen, cheers:)

f-e

Mentor
Veteran
Trance is now the most popular of all the old skool electronica. Not my personal choice but of them all psytrance is the one I occasionally play.

We had a tape perhaps 25 years ago by 'has habla' though likely spelt wrongly there. I can't find a trace of who they were but it was some proper dramatic landscape stuff with a 'moving along' type beat that faded in to take you from scene to scene. Really well crafted.

di.fm have a trance channel that plays live almost 24/7 and lots of other digital dance music channels. It's my only subscription. You can get half hour free before it's advert time or pay the £7 a month

f-e

Mentor
Veteran
I listen to psybient sometimes but I invariably slip into a coma and need lounge to revive me.

Chevy cHaze

Out Of Dankness Cometh Light
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Wow coxnox your picture is the logo of a club I went to a lot in the 90s when I was younger, where you from man?

CC

Latest posts

Latest posts