What's new

POT O GOLD Would you grow it??

illwill

hey bud Ive grown 5 packs of this strain and did not even keep 1 plant..I grew them out very carfully and grew each pheno 2-3 times..this strain has a thick structure and very very forsty..I had some phenos that smelled like skunk and peaches but most didnt have a smell at all..I found that it was an average yielder and weak taste,not too much flavor..if you looking for a good tasting bud this is not the right strain 4 u..peace..

Last edited:
K

Karma Withakay

Out of the 4 females I flowered (got 6 females out of 10, but didn't get to run the other 2) I found at least 2 to be pretty heavy yielding... but again, as others have said, nothing to write home about. IMO a good commercial strain (check out some of Neptune's threads), but pretty much ends there. Wouldn't wanna grow it for head stash, again.

G

grapepunched

it yields great, it barely stretches, so NO its not too tall, veg until you're satisfied then flower. Now, let me tell you about the stench, my Golden Skush cut REEKS like burnt rubber and skunk together. The smell transfers over to the taste exceptionally well, and I look for that in buds I smoke. :joint: Now, she is easy to grow and very hearty, huge stems so it actually supports it's own weight later in life as opposed to some strains. I say go for it 100%, my friend still raves about POG being the best plant in his garden for 10 years before he quit growing and had children. Let us know how it turns out! Peace!

-gp

some golden skush from GN

Rosy Cheeks

dancin' cheek to cheek
Veteran
illwill said:
hey bud Ive grown 5 packs of this strain and did not even keep 1 plant..I grew them out very carfully and grew each pheno 2-3 times..this strain has a thick structure and very very forsty..I had some phenos that smelled like skunk and peaches but most didnt have a smell at all..I found that it was an average yielder and weak taste,not too much flavor..if you looking for a good tasting bud this is not the right strain 4 u..peace..

Well, if you grew every pheno two or three times, then you did keep it, just not forever (sorry, you can't bring your keeper strains with you when you go), so there's got to be something with it that you liked.

The two main phenos is a Skunk leaning one and a Kush leaning one. The Skunk pheno is the better yielder and the stone packs a good punch, but the Kush pheno is the better smeller. Personally, I love it.

I'm sitting here with some POG that has cured for one year plus, and that is top notch herb, food for inspired minds indeed.

EuroToker

how is the stretch/bushyness? my clone guy says hes got some POG clones after selection. says its a great yeilder. can I get it big enough in 2 weeks after planting the rooted clone to start flowering? (I plan on doing 54 plants in a 9x6 pattern in 3 gal pots) or will it stop growing much once flipped? do i need to make sure i have a nice canopy before the flip?

I'm currently running sweettooth right now, was some gap in between the pots but they filled it out and then some (i ended up adding 4 more lights from the 6 i thought would be enough)

Last edited:

ChaosCatalunya

5.2 club is now 8.1 club...
Veteran
how is the stretch/bushyness? my clone guy says hes got some POG clones after selection. says its a great yeilder. can I get it big enough in 2 weeks after planting the rooted clone to start flowering? (I plan on doing 54 plants in a 9x6 pattern in 3 gal pots) or will it stop growing much once flipped? do i need to make sure i have a nice canopy before the flip?

I'm currently running sweettooth right now, was some gap in between the pots but they filled it out and then some (i ended up adding 4 more lights from the 6 i thought would be enough)

It stretches little, only White Rhino stretched less in my experience. It is unquestionably a top yielder. 9x6=54, 1ppsf needs a decent veg, she responds well to training, look in my gallery and you will see a table of 70% PoG clones @1ppsf looking nice and even, =/- 70g pp. That was in Coco, drain to waste, by a virgin newbie.

hey I grew out four phenos. Found it sensitive to nutes and a leafy finish. Not very robust for me. Other strains performed much better. Mabey the heat had an effect...

The one indoor run I did here in the heat, it did not fare too well, heat caused the tops to grow fresh flowers when it should have been concentrating on finishing and it suffered from mould more than Critical Mass [ting tong cut] and way more than Cheese [Exodus cut] .. in fact, Cheese did really well in the heat and yielded more than PoG ... not normal but nice !

No problems with nutes and the easiest trim plant ever, maybe 1oz/min ... so quick it was a pleasure [well, almost, you know what I mean]

L

Lucy Diamond

I have a few of these going right now.Have kept POG around for the last year or so...great hashy,spicey aromas...easy to grow and nice producer.I am not going to take any more clones though....time to replace her with something new,but I have not regretted keeping her in the stable whatsoever!

Gunnarguchi

ICMag Donor
Veteran
i bought a pack of POG from TFD
6 or 7 spouted but only one female
it was impressive though
its mostly a main steam plant but increased yields is possible with topping
it has a really impressive yield for its size
big oversized donkey dicks
i havent smoked it yet myself but judged from visible trichomes it seemed with good potency
it be carefull to inspect for mold into flower as its massive tight buds can develope mold
i had many atrains running at the same time but POG was the only one to develope mold inside when moisture in a period was about 65% during flowering

ill definitely recommend it and grow it again
my only female clone didnt survive and i thought about getting a new pack for a good mother but i bought the Golden Skush from GN instead as its the same genes used for the cross and found it at a reasonably price at seedbay at a weekend special

the leaf to calyx rate is very good so trimming is a delight and very fast
i would say you might find better tasting and more potent crosses but its a perfect commercial strain

Last edited:

Nik Dynosaur

i'm about to drop some POPS which is Pot of Gold x Pynamite shiva

pynamite shiva is (uk pineapple x dynamite) x shiva

i hadn't heard about this strain at all until a buddy of mine grew some out and produced several keepers out of a pack of 10

ridgedogs

Just got some gn golden skush beans today. I'm probably going to cross it with a few strains I already have that could produce better . I've got Gdp and bubba k fems right now to work with. See what happens . Anybody else do any other crosses with golden skush or pog?

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
We grew a bunch of pog down under , wally made a cross with c99 that i recall , golden pineapple ..
The pog was very nice stuff and well worth growing, a bit of variation, we preferred the ones that leant more to the skunk side , we dont like kush very much .

ItsAllOver

Devil's Advocate
POG is a great plant. Great smoke, quite potent. Smells glorious like hash, and one pheno that I've seen purples a good bit and is sweet/tart smelling. It's interesting.
Bag appeal is A+.
Yields very well, and doesn't stretch a lot. It's really good for SOG or bushes, honestly. I got 12 ounces once from a 600w on my first grow. Doesn't tolerate heat very well, so keep it at 75-80. I did a SOG run and had up to 95 deg, did not like that at all.
Outdoor does well, too but dense ass buds can be susceptible to a bit of powdery mildew.
Clones easily, about 7-10 days in a bubbler, 14 days in rapid rooters on average.
I have found it to be tolerant of most anything you can do nute wise. I think organics is the way to go with POG because I've seen it run with many nute regimens. Organics always makes it funkier, somehow.
POG is the jam

POG is bad-ass! If I could choose only two strains with which to cash crop it would be POG and Chronic for sure. Chronic is slightly better as a money maker but POG is definitely tastier herb. Both have phenos that approach 20% THC - certainly superior to Big Bud, Power Plant, or Heavy Duty Fruity.