What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

~POST YOUR PIECE~ BONG-BUBBLER-VAPO

Status
Not open for further replies.

DiscoBiscuit

weed fiend
Veteran
Green Crack x Tangerine Haze

Green Crack x Tangerine Haze

picture.php

motaco

Old School Cottonmouth
Veteran
explain please on how a toro hits better? because I cant get my head around it.......is it the distrabution of the smoke or the way it circulates through the glass? or is it bullshit ? cause my sheldon hits smooth as butter ohhh wait I get it it hits better because it cost 4x as much right????

Its the amount of diffusion. The more it bubbles the more it cools it down. That being said the amount more filtration given by a toro vs the price it costs over similar products is ridiculous.

There is a point of diminishing returns. Like once it goes so far the added percolation and diffusion only does so much.

On a side note I'm curious if people don't mine saying their age. I've noticed most of this heady glass phenomenon seems to be kids. This is a growers forums and compared to grasscity or something there is virtually no heady glass on here and NOWHERE near the amount of arrogant glass snobs.

Not to bash anyones decisions but I don't think many adults would spend over a thousand dollars on a bong. Especially if they have a wife or kids. I think a lot of this market is college kids who get rent paid by parents, and sell weed on the side so they got cash that burns a hole in their pocket.

I have to admit of all the growers I've talked to very few have these elaborate pieces or collections. You'd think growing weed, and not paying for what you smoke would mean big elaborate pieces, but I've never seen that to be true. Spending a thousand dollars on a bong just sounds like the kind of stuff kids do before they learn to manage money properly.

KarmasWheele

Veteran
Its the amount of diffusion. The more it bubbles the more it cools it down. That being said the amount more filtration given by a toro vs the price it costs over similar products is ridiculous.

There is a point of diminishing returns. Like once it goes so far the added percolation and diffusion only does so much.

On a side note I'm curious if people don't mine saying their age. I've noticed most of this heady glass phenomenon seems to be kids. This is a growers forums and compared to grasscity or something there is virtually no heady glass on here and NOWHERE near the amount of arrogant glass snobs.

Not to bash anyones decisions but I don't think many adults would spend over a thousand dollars on a bong. Especially if they have a wife or kids. I think a lot of this market is college kids who get rent paid by parents, and sell weed on the side so they got cash that burns a hole in their pocket.

I have to admit of all the growers I've talked to very few have these elaborate pieces or collections. You'd think growing weed, and not paying for what you smoke would mean big elaborate pieces, but I've never seen that to be true. Spending a thousand dollars on a bong just sounds like the kind of stuff kids do before they learn to manage money properly.

best post here...I wish I could articulate my point so tactfully and with that kind of style however,I am a bit more brash......very well said and excatly what I tried to say......thank you.

BudToaster

Veteran
Bud Toaster Model 14 (version 2)

Bud Toaster Model 14 (version 2)

Version upgrade! i did a re-layout of the pcb to (hopefully) increase reliability by having much wider pcb traces which won't lift off the board like in the last layout.

Ran out of cherry wood, but fell into a pile of Amazonian mahogany, which is a really fine wood for a Bud Toaster.

I've given up on the cylinder for a while, in favor of the cube. Spent the last week going back to the cylinder when my first cube failed (due to a circuit board trace failure), and let me tell you first hand ... The Cube Rules!

Here is Model 14 Version 2 - the first unit:

yeah, it looks a lot like the cherry.

Here is a look at the temperature controller which is in the bottom of the cube:

Current effort is to make 10 units for wider testing (sorry, beta testers already assigned).

KarmasWheele

Veteran
maybe it's no toro but this is the best bong I've ever had.....

picture.php

picture.php

And I used this piece cause it dose not filter as much creating thicker smoke for the pic's

picture.php

then I picked up this today they told me they are having a hard time getting sheldon 14mm ash catchers, decided not to wait got this one says blown in california on it.I thought cool. looks quality

picture.php

picture.php

mrheadie

mo, i'm in my mid 30's, but i'm not married and no kids. if i had kids, my priorities would be elsewhere. i have been a glass head since my teens though. lost, broke, and had confiscated some amazing pieces along the way. the way i look at it, i really dont mind spending $ on something i like. its for me, and its not a status symbol or a flash of money. i also stopped drinking and going out about 5-6 years ago which saves me 5-6 grand a year, so if i spend a g a year on pieces, im still better off (and so is my liver). winning a few poker tournaments here and there doesnt hurt either.:)
like it was said before, to each is own. i would smoke with anyone of you guys outta a can bowl and just be happy to be blazing with new peeps.

KarmasWheele

Veteran
the frosted one just has a steam not diffused its cheap and not deep enough the water climbs right up the steam.....The phx is the new one it is a 4 arm tree perc

motaco

Old School Cottonmouth
Veteran
mo, i'm in my mid 30's, but i'm not married and no kids. if i had kids, my priorities would be elsewhere. i have been a glass head since my teens though. lost, broke, and had confiscated some amazing pieces along the way. the way i look at it, i really dont mind spending $ on something i like. its for me, and its not a status symbol or a flash of money. i also stopped drinking and going out about 5-6 years ago which saves me 5-6 grand a year, so if i spend a g a year on pieces, im still better off (and so is my liver). winning a few poker tournaments here and there doesnt hurt either.:)
like it was said before, to each is own. i would smoke with anyone of you guys outta a can bowl and just be happy to be blazing with new peeps.

Thats cool man I get you. Its one thing I've always said is that (assuming you don't break it) glass is forever. You smoke the weed up but the piece remains. I'll admit I'd like a toro, I might even buy one second hand one day. And I feel you about it not being a status thing for you. If I had one I wouldn't show anyone either because if they broke it I'd have to kill them.

The investigator would stand over the body and the broken bong and say "Its an open and shut case Johnson. Clearly he broke someones toro and never lived to tell about it."

KarmasWheele

Veteran
I'll be 43 in feb.....and 350 for a bong/ashcatcher is just nuts.....I would love to own a high end piece like a toro just for collection purposes hell i got 600 allready spent this year in broken pure bongs cheap ass joints.then 350 for the sheldon tube and phx ash......so I guess i allready spent that much to learn.........anyway the sheldon is a high end tube very well made and keeps the thickness at the joint plus sheldon was the lead blower at roor for years so it's obvious he got skills.......Anyway like I said its the best bong I've ever owned

D

danimarie193

VADO please tell me what you think is better than a Sheldon in the same price range.

Ramius

Veteran
SB have some of the sickest bubblers out at the moment for the price, you really can't beat it. Their work is top quality

G

Guest3498

VADO please tell me what you think is better than a Sheldon in the same price range.

Something with a thicker joint. I recommended us tubes in another thread, those are great. I've had my roor (SB is about the same thing) for at least 5 years and it hits great, but the joints on those things are so easily broken as they are just so much thinner. That's really my only gripe with them, but I think it's a legitimate one. Sheldon's hit great I'm sure...

I've got a cheaper toro (I think it was $220) too and it's got a pretty beefy joint. It's already taken a couple falls and the only thing that broke was the downstem... If it was thinner I'd have to go bong shopping. I'm not really all that into glass, so when I buy a piece I try to buy the strongest one I can :2cents:

example:
joint.jpg

D

danimarie193

When and where did you get a toro for 220 bucks? In my area Sheldon's are that price range but not a Toro. I am not saying Sheldon's are better then Toro's but for the price range it's the best you can get. I have glass that hits better than my Sheldon but not at that price.

Status
Not open for further replies.