What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Post your Freakshow hybrids

grod31

Veteran
Freakshow has a lot of love atm. Curious who is working on what out there. Made two hybrids myself. Only have real plans to work on a line at a time.I kinda see this getting all the love ducksfoot never got. We will have freak versions of so many strains out there soon enough. Is that a good thing? who knows… It sure is fun.
I did pollinate a freakshow female with my clone only reversed 1987, but that will be a project for a later time.
First on my chopping block.
Freakshow X Banana Daddy IBL (auto)
30 days or so into the F1 run right now. I will also bx to Freakshow and Banana Daddy auto also.
Let’s hear em folks. Whats in the works? Even if you dont plan to move forward, what have you chucked?
Let’s see what your working on if you are up to or past F2s.

I sowed the seeds in order from light to dark and labeled the pots. Since freakshow has white seeds I figured I might wanna know what plants came out of the white seeds since they already share a similarity with mom.
Has anyone else done that ? Is this a viable tool toward F2s?
Most plants are showing sex today a month later under natural lighting.
Here is my F1 females including a freakshow and Banana daddy to be back crossed.
I am choosing a uniform size male that came out of white seed and has 11 leaflets by the 5th node.
Anyway I know there are dozens of you out there chuckin. Please share what crosses you have made.

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
Freakshow has a lot of love atm. Curious who is working on what out there. Made two hybrids myself. Only have real plans to work on a line at a time.I kinda see this getting all the love ducksfoot never got. We will have freak versions of so many strains out there soon enough. Is that a good thing? who knows… It sure is fun.
I did pollinate a freakshow female with my clone only reversed 1987, but that will be a project for a later time.
First on my chopping block.
Freakshow X Banana Daddy IBL (auto)
30 days or so into the F1 run right now. I will also bx to Freakshow and Banana Daddy auto also.
Let’s hear em folks. Whats in the works? Even if you dont plan to move forward, what have you chucked?
Let’s see what your working on if you are up to or past F2s.

I sowed the seeds in order from light to dark and labeled the pots. Since freakshow has white seeds I figured I might wanna know what plants came out of the white seeds since they already share a similarity with mom.
Has anyone else done that ? Is this a viable tool toward F2s?
Most plants are showing sex today a month later under natural lighting.
Here is my F1 females including a freakshow and Banana daddy to be back crossed.
I am choosing a uniform size male that came out of white seed and has 11 leaflets by the 5th node.
Anyway I know there are dozens of you out there chuckin. Please share what crosses you have made.
Thanks for the interesting post friend. Please keep us updated.

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
I was making another gen of NL2 and I guess some of the pollen escaped and somehow made it into the Freakshow tent. I didn't mean to pollinate the Freakshow, so I'm calling it Freak Accident. 😆
None displayed the freak leaves because it's the f1, but a couple had very deep sawtooth serrations.
I have 9 Freakshows growing now, and 2 more batches of seeds to find some keepers. Im hoping to use a nice male and cross it to my PurpAl plant. I'd like to breed in the nodal spacing and structure of Freakshow to PurpAl.

grod31

Veteran
So I have my F1 = Banana Daddy Auto x Freakshow
I am currently baking F2s and IBL lines so I have my (F1 x F1 ), (banana daddy auto x F1) and (freakshow x F1)
From there the plan would be to X the IBL lines with the F2s To create both a Fast flower Freak and a Auto banana daddy Freak

Using the genes i have Would you go about the crosses any differnt? Should i just isolate my two lines out of the F2s or would the BX be beneficial?

Last edited:

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
I have a question for anybody who's made crosses with Freakshow. I've noticed that all the Freakshow seeds I've 8purchased and the seeds I've collected out of Freakshow females are a pale tannish gray. No "tiger stripes" or any other kind of markings.
Has anyone made any Freakshow crosses where the seeds aren't pale gray?

grod31

Veteran
thge seeds that will come out of this will be Banana daddy IBL auto x Freak show x freakshow
Gona aim for a fast flowering freak line with these beans
1725662664690.png

When you cross (Freakshow x Auto) with Freakshow, you're essentially backcrossing the F1 generation to the Freakshow parent. Here's a breakdown of what you can expect from this cross.

Assumptions:

• Freakshow (AAff): Photoperiod (AA), freaky leaves (ff).
  • Auto (aaFF): Autoflowering (aa), normal leaves (FF).
  • F1 (Freakshow x Auto) = AaFf: Photoperiod (heterozygous for autoflowering and freaky leaf traits).
Now you are crossing:

• F1 (AaFf): Photoperiod, carrying autoflowering and freaky leaf genes.
  • Freakshow (AAff): Photoperiod, with freaky leaves.

Genetic Breakdown:

This cross will involve two traits:

1. Autoflowering vs. Photoperiod (A/a):
    • F1 is Aa (photoperiod, carrying the autoflower gene).
    • Freakshow is AA (pure photoperiod).
  2. Freaky Leaves vs. Normal Leaves (F/f):
    • F1 is Ff (normal leaves, carrying the freaky leaf gene).
    • Freakshow is ff (freaky leaves).

Autoflowering Trait (A/a):

• 50% of the offspring will be AA (photoperiod).
  • 50% of the offspring will be Aa (photoperiod, carrying the autoflowering gene).
None of the plants will be autoflowering (aa) because the Freakshow parent does not carry the autoflowering gene.

Freaky Leaf Trait (F/f):

• 50% of the offspring will be Ff (normal leaves, carrying the freaky leaf gene).
  • 50% of the offspring will be ff (freaky leaves).

Phenotype Breakdown:

1. Photoperiod with freaky leaves (AAff):
    • 25% of the plants will be photoperiod with freaky leaves.
    • Genotype: AAff.
  2. Photoperiod with freaky leaves, carrying autoflowering (Aaff):
    • 25% of the plants will be photoperiod, have freaky leaves, and carry the autoflowering gene.
    • Genotype: Aaff.
  3. Photoperiod with normal leaves (AAFf):
    • 25% of the plants will be photoperiod with normal leaves, but carry the freaky leaf gene.
    • Genotype: AAFf.
  4. Photoperiod with normal leaves, carrying autoflowering (AaFf):
    • 25% of the plants will be photoperiod with normal leaves, and carry both the autoflowering and freaky leaf genes.
    • Genotype: AaFf.

Summary of Expected Outcomes:

• 100% of the plants will be photoperiod (either AA or Aa), since Freakshow is photoperiod and cannot pass on autoflowering traits.
  • 50% of the plants will have freaky leaves (ff), and the other 50% will have normal leaves (Ff).
  • 50% of the plants will carry the autoflowering gene (Aa), but they will not express it because they also have the dominant photoperiod gene.

need a space i can plan my next moves an this seems appropriate
Theoretically F2s = 37 freak 37 auto 13 auto 13 auto freak

Start
100 quarts 20 hours for 3 weeks - F2s selected for (f3*) + (fastest flowering photo freak male) {FFF}
12 autofreaks upottted to 1 gal
37 photo "Fast freaks" moved to 12/12 fastest is {fff}
10 1 gallon -freak x banana x freak {FFF} - kill all males

3 1 gallon 1987 x Banana *
12 Freak x Banana x banana * (FFF)(improved banana)
1 freak x banana x banana
2 apricot *

(1987 x freak {} ?)

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts