What's new

~PIFF~ A.K.A. Uptown Haze/Frankies/Church. Preserving a Heritage...

goingrey

Came across this release from Purple City Genetics International:

Boppers​

Type Sativa Hybrid / Feminized
Genetics Oakland Piff x ThC Bomb
Finish 8-9 weeks
Terp Profile Creamy piff and bubblegum
Notes Easy to grow / Fast finish / Amazing trichome coverage

Anyone know something about it, maybe even grown it?

Oakland Piff, what's that?

g0dzilla

ICMag Donor
Veteran

Boppers​

Finish 8-9 weeks

Gush mints / pc3 hybrid.

Spaventa

Veteran
I spent a long time reading everything I could find on Piff/Uptown/NYC Haze.
The description is a sparse, light green 13 week plant with thin fingered leaves, typical haze herbal/floral plus LOUD incense/church when it burns.
It’s a perfect description of Phenotype#1 from the original GHS Neville’s Haze. Everything matches.
Then I see a post where a guy says he heard from a few people that Piff is an old Neville’s Haze these Dominicans grew a pack of.
I believe original non feminised, standard GHS NH and Piff share a temporal correlation too so it’s highly likely Piff is an old Neville’s Haze

zachrockbadenof

Veteran

Boppers​

Finish 8-9 weeks

its a name someone threw on it..

OldCoolSativa

Using uptown purp as the generic descriptive term it is. As opposed to gold, green or brown haze/piff terps.

Not a strain name nor anything to do with bluedream fems.
It's just a regular photoperiod haze hybrid of nevs A5 and ny hazes.

View attachment 18950642
I’ve never seen nor smoked NYC haze, but that’s exactly what I would expect the plant to look like. Please tell me more.

HappyDude32ed

I was in the Midwest until 2005 so never encountered NYC Piff in the wild, this is supposedly the NYC Piff week at 7 or 8. It's got an old school profile, close to that lemon pledge profile I've encountered but more pungent. BTW I am not the best person to get terp opinions from. View attachment 19009986 View attachment 19009987
😲 She's really gorgeous 🙌
You did an amazing job growing her out !

Was this a cut of Piffcoastfarms genetics ? Or how old do you think your cut is ?

I honestly have never found a picture of the old NY Piff being grown. In fact I never even found a legit picture of her bud
No real cellphones back then haha

I would love to hear how your girls turn out after a cure. They look delicious 😋

🌱

I've never grown out genuine NY Piff so I dont know what terps she would be giving off before harvest.

But the NY Piff aka Purple Haze aka Downtown Brown I remember growing up with had a strong frankincense church Incense, floral smell.
Even when smoked it would linger in the air and make the whole room smell like someone lit an incense stick. Hence the nickname used back then "Church"

I remember she wasn't the prettiest, but was incredibly sticky. If you had her in your pocket it would almost wad up in the bag.

I really miss that smell tho.

It was the smell of Haze, but something added to it like a flower or something, and it was stronger smelling.
I havnt had a straight haze in forever either tho.

😲 She's really gorgeous 🙌
You did an amazing job growing her out !

Was this a cut of Piffcoastfarms genetics ? Or how old do you think your cut is ?

I honestly have never found a picture of the old NY Piff being grown. In fact I never even found a legit picture of her bud
No real cellphones back then haha

I would love to hear how your girls turn out after a cure. They look delicious 😋

🌱

I've never grown out genuine NY Piff so I dont know what terps she would be giving off before harvest.

But the NY Piff aka Purple Haze aka Downtown Brown I remember growing up with had a strong frankincense church Incense, floral smell.
Even when smoked it would linger in the air and make the whole room smell like someone lit an incense stick. Hence the nickname used back then "Church"

I remember she wasn't the prettiest, but was incredibly sticky. If you had her in your pocket it would almost wad up in the bag.

I really miss that smell tho.

It was the smell of Haze, but something added to it like a flower or something, and it was stronger smelling.
I havnt had a straight haze in forever either tho.
I don't think this is CBH, it just doesn't seem logical that full warehouses would be running 100+ day strains. That said it's not the 65 days I've read Piffcoasts Piff goes, then again commercial grows Always pull early. I might be forced to pull her at 69 days but I think 80 might be optimal. It grows very much like a SSH cut I've ran, colas look similar.

This came to me as the clone only NYC PIFF no mention of PiffCoast. I would need a knowledgeable right coaster to fly out 3k miles to verify lol.

HappyDude32ed

I have seen a few reports of large runs of the Bandaid Hazes, from seeds, that the original Piff profile are found only in the shorter phenos that require less flower time. I believe around 10 weeks.

The taller and longer flowering ones you would find tend to be more on the tobacco kind of musky leather smells. Have nice highs, but aren't what people are usually hunting for.

I've personally ran around 180 bandaid Haze seeds. F1s and F2s but I never found what I was looking for.

But I do know of people who ran over 200 that have found 1 keeper that had that terp.

But I do believe the original Piff was a cross of CBH with an A5 Haze.

So it kind of makes sense that the shorter flowering phenos would be the ones you want.

Honestly as long as your happy with her it doesn't really matter haha
If a girl takes me 16 Weeks to finish her, as long as she makes me happy then I don't care what she is or where she came from.

But I would really love to find the terps of the old school Piff. And the high is something I have never found in my 25+ years of searching.

Very up high. Would give me open eyed visuals.
Very dreamy like psycodelic headspace and an amazing change of perception. Like a switch went off in my mind that changed how I viewed the world for the better.

I know all strains give different effects for everyone. But that's why I've been searching for her the last 25+ years. I want that back.