What's new

Ph in DWC clone bucket

SofaKingStupid

I was wondering if anyone here who clones using DWC buckets and hydroton in 3” net pots in tap water with cloramine, ph’s their water. I’m in an aria where they use cloramine and I do let it sit but roots come way too slow. And I need to constantly adjust the ph to keep it where I want it. Never had these problems before. I’m just brainstorming and was wondering if anyone even gives a shitt bout what their ph is before roots even appear. I always just kept it at 6.4 from the jump and never had a problem.
Also I was wondering if anyone has used houseplant tap water conditioner. I got some and was gonna use it at the recommended 1-2 drops per gallon but it’s new to me so I hoped someone had some experience with it and had any insight on it.
If nothing elce, I guess I can use distilled. But it’s alot for an old man to carry. But if need be wtf. Plus I gotta fill 4 x 5 gallon buckets at a time.
Any comments or help would be appreciated. Thanks

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    4.7 MB · Views: 47

mexweed

Veteran
Is there a reason why you don't root into a rockwool or similar cube and then put the cube into the hydroton/net pot?

SofaKingStupid

Has anyone tried anything like this product? It says it removes the chlorine and cloramine from your tap water.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 32

mexweed

Veteran
I use tap water and my city municipality uses chloramine, it doesn't impact the rooting, it also doesn't evaporate like chlorine when you let the water sit

If you are worried about ph fluctuation a rockwool or similar cube soaked in ph adjusted water will not fluctuate

It will also save wear on your pumps because you're not bubbling for 2 weeks just to form roots

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
I was wondering if anyone here who clones using DWC buckets and hydroton in 3” net pots in tap water with cloramine, ph’s their water. I’m in an aria where they use cloramine and I do let it sit but roots come way too slow. And I need to constantly adjust the ph to keep it where I want it. Never had these problems before. I’m just brainstorming and was wondering if anyone even gives a shitt bout what their ph is before roots even appear. I always just kept it at 6.4 from the jump and never had a problem.
Also I was wondering if anyone has used houseplant tap water conditioner. I got some and was gonna use it at the recommended 1-2 drops per gallon but it’s new to me so I hoped someone had some experience with it and had any insight on it.
If nothing elce, I guess I can use distilled. But it’s alot for an old man to carry. But if need be wtf. Plus I gotta fill 4 x 5 gallon buckets at a time.
Any comments or help would be appreciated. Thanks
Use RO with a pH of 5.8 to 6.5 to optimize nutrient uptake.