What's new

pet your dogs for me, please...

Switcher56

Comfortably numb!
what is your opinion of the effect that cats have had in their continual attempts to dominate mankind? is this why dogs chase them? :chin:
I got a ditty to tell about that :)

Hershey used to chase Bijou (daughter,s devon rex) up the stairs, get back up there. She was a mischievous cat and every opportunity she had, she would do her claws on the furniture. We had a child's gate to keep her upstairs (4 level side split). Mallory would often forget to place it back in place. Hershey would chase her from wherever she was not supposed to be (including the rec rm), up the stairs and piss on the carpet outside of our daughter's room. X marks the spot, you stay in there. LOL

audiohi

Veteran
I'm sorry to hear that you lost your friend. It's always so painful.

I'm sure that you gave her a wonderful few years and end to her life. You're lucky to have had each other.

armedoldhippy

Veteran
So sorry for your loss, armedoldhippy. Our last remaining DevonRex(best cat ever) is 18 yrs old this fall. We'll not have another house pet, when the inevitable occurs.

bless ya.
don't be a quitter, lol. pets do not live as long as we do so that we can experience MORE of them. i read that someplace, cannot remember the gentle lady's name. i understand, however, the fear of leaving them behind should you go first...

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
ALL of my pets have been rescued/adopted ... including the cat i "rustled" in Virginia a couple of years ago. half-grown, half starved, bedraggled & wet, it took me three days of kitty treats before i could pick her up. treacherous back-stabbing beast took up with my youngest son, and he took her with him when he moved out. :biggrin: MY last dog was a rescue Giant Schnauzer. breeder brought him to a vet locally and asked them to put the pup to sleep because the folks that bought him brought him back for chewing a pair of shoes... best dog i ever had. wife wants a few months of no pet responsibility over the summer. i can live with that. she's always wanted a poodle...i agreed so long as it was a standard (BIG!) and she could not paint its toenails. gotta have lines in the sand, lol...
labradoodle...one of my very favorite doggos ever is one...got to see her this morning and get some lovins

armedoldhippy

Veteran
well, i've got a dog in the neighborhood that i can borrow if need be. the couple that owns him has little girls, and he is so rambunctious that they can't play with him. he's a miniature Australian Shepherd, and has more energy than any living thing i have seen. lady said "if he's outside, feel free to walk him any time. if he's NOT outside, feel free to knock on the door..." took him out yesterday, crazy little fucker had me wrapped in his leash for most of our walk. i'm thinking about getting a treadmill & trying to use him to generate electricity...all of that "get up and go" ought to be good for SOMETHING, lol.

Petrochemical

what is your opinion of the effect that cats have had in their continual attempts to dominate mankind? is this why dogs chase them? :chin:
I love cats so much because my mom was deathly allergic to anything on four legs. so for the first fifteen years of my life the only way I could be near a cat was to go over to my neighbor's house and love on their cats. they were too pissy Siamese cats like the ones in Lady and the Tramp. the epitome of the ones in the Lady and the Tramp if they could talk. Lmao,so as an adult I ended up going through a phase where I would have four growing tents alternating 12 on 12 off and in those and out of those tents through the ducting ports that you put your air vents through I leave open so my eight cats that I'd rescued from various college students in the area that abandon them when they left for the season. became my permanent part of our cat Pride I used to just feed them boiled chicken and raw meat and fish and we used to back in the day here where I volunteered at the food shelf we get massive cans of USDA Alaskan salmon in white cans and I stockpiled like a pallet of it and I used to feed them that and they loved it they thrived, but my answer to your question in the post would be I'm merely their attendant and I have a feeling that worshiping cats and dogs will get humans a lot farther than any other worship they've been doing. It's one of the things that I ever heard about the ancient Egyptians that they worship cats and that anyone messing with the cat would be put to death something that I personally would have no issue with hearing to

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
veI'm going to go out on a limb here and say one of the best things to happen to the human race was when canines made the adjustment want to hang out with us in start to become our companions
You mean wolves made the adjustment. All dawgs come from wolves.

CosmicGiggle

Veteran
Dogs, cats, they're both sentient beings, like slightly alien forms of human beings.

Ever notice how they want to be around us more than other animal species?

They relate to us more than the others 'cause they're more like us. :grouphug:

k-s-p

Veteran
Losing a pet/companion is something you never get over.

This is one of my favorite pictures from an epic road trip Chief and I made 4 years ago, 4 months, 6500+ miles. I lost him the following summer and it gutted me. I finally got another Labrador Retriever last September, and he's awesome but I still grieve his predecessor. And his predecessor.

WP_20180612_20_15_51_Pro.jpg

CosmicGiggle

Veteran
This is one of my favorite pictures from an epic road trip Chief and I made 4 years ago, 4 months, 6500+ miles. I lost him the following summer and it gutted me. I finally got another Labrador Retriever last September, and he's awesome but I still grieve his predecessor. And his predecessor.

View attachment 18725632
You can tell by looking at the boat that Chief had a good like. :tiphat:

944s2

ICMag Donor
Veteran
We have Burmese kitty’s
Blue girl
Choc boy,,
the roost ruled by the tiny blue female ,,
Boy cat n dog sit and wait till she’s finished eating and man ! does she take her time and make them wait,,
Always makes me smile,,,s2

Switcher56

Comfortably numb!
Losing a pet/companion is something you never get over.

View attachment 18725632
... that is because they all have individual personalities just like us hoomans :)

944s2

ICMag Donor
Veteran
dammit! neighbors with dog divorced, and the asshat husband took the dog. what a dick...:cuss:
Some Labby light from across the Atlantic to AOH, Switcher ,,k-s-p and any other doggie family members,,,,,
My little fella goes everywhere with me ,,
words can’t express how much I love my boy,,,
staggeringly loyal and very protective but loves people and other animals,,, that’s his “ time to go out look” keeps better time then an Omega,,lol,,,
a working lines American Labby,,,,
CFF7E6D3-AB7E-43A9-9312-236043375887.jpeg