What's new
  • As of today ICMag has his own Discord server. In this Discord server you can chat, talk with eachother, listen to music, share stories and pictures...and much more. Join now and let's grow together! Join ICMag Discord here! More details in this thread here: here.
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest in October! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Diary PCBuds mini-grow

PCBuds

I took more pictures,..

She's still got a few weeks to go.

20231226_172943.jpg
20231226_173002.jpg
20231226_173024.jpg
20231226_173037.jpg
20231226_173103.jpg
20231226_173319.jpg
20231226_173334.jpg
20231226_173356.jpg
20231226_173806.jpg
20231226_173757.jpg

Rocket Soul

Hey PCB, you got a nice long thread here :)
Can you tell me when you started with the new grow system, top/side lighting and sips? Date, page or just rough idea is fine, would like to follow how this developed and maybe if there is build related stuff. This is very, very impressive for a small space and similar to something i would like to setup. Very Kewl!

PCBuds

Hey PCB, you got a nice long thread here :)

My thread is a scattered mess.
I've forgotten more than half of it. 😂

Can you tell me when you started with the new grow system, top/side lighting and sips?
Date, page or just rough idea is fine, would like to follow how this developed and maybe if there is build related stuff.

My first post is from April 5th 2019, so I think I started then? 😂

This is very, very impressive for a small space and similar to something i would like to setup. Very Kewl!

I started with a 4 foot, 4 bulb fluorescent fixture, and the only way that I could jam it I to my closet was to cut a slot in side wall at the back of the closet and slide in the fixture.

That's how I became a vertical grower, and I've stuck with it ever since.

It took me a long time to upgrade from my Coleman cooler, because I was being stubborn and lazy and didn't want to part with my cooler.

I borrowed the cooler from my mother when I was 18 to go camping and used it as a seat to sit in front of the campfire.
I had it too close to the campfire and the plastic on the side melted.

Mom was PISSED, so I had to buy her a new one, and I kept the melty one.

I tried to remelt the plastic and stretch it back out over the foam and has some luck, but I couldn't get the foam completely covered.

I finally threw it out when I switched to the small round yellow garbage can.

I had that can for over 20 years as well and it was difficult for me to drill holes in it so the plant could breathe better.
I was a perfectly good garbage can. 😂

PCBuds

Can you tell me when you started with the new grow system, top/side lighting and sips? Date, page or just rough idea is fine,

Every plant and every grow has been different, and it has always been changing and evolving.

I've a couple of window plants a few times as well with pretty good results.

Just scan through the pictures and you'll see the changes as they happened.
That's what I do. I can't even find my own information and have spent more than an hour trying to find some info in my thread. 😂

Rocket Soul

Every plant and every grow has been different, and it has always been changing and evolving.

I've a couple of window plants a few times as well with pretty good results.

Just scan through the pictures and you'll see the changes as they happened.
That's what I do. I can't even find my own information and have spent more than an hour trying to find some info in my thread. 😂
Ill jist look around. You remember when you filled the cabinet with strips, what year? That way i can get the right ballpart :) and again, please post this in the Led DIY section, its too good to miss out. If to much bother i will just try to post a link to the bit were you got the light oven going :) much props.

PCBuds

Ill jist look around. You remember when you filled the cabinet with strips, what year?

I found this post when stuff started arriving,..

That's pretty much the start of my LED strips.

I had been posting in blynx 's SIL thread (Screw In Lightning) but I started posting in my own thread when I got LED strips.

PCBuds

,.. please post this in the Led DIY section, its too good to miss out. If to much bother i will just try to post a link to the bit were you got the light oven going :) much props.

Feel free to post anything you want to that thread.
I didn't even realize that there was an LED DIY section. 😂

Honestly, I don't want to bother.
I've kinda lost interest in growing and I just grow what I need for myself.

It would be great if you could Edit my thread and repost anything relevant to the DIY thread.

I can talk to @exploziv to give you permission, if that means anything?

He's been following my progress and I Suck at technology.
I did a lot of things considered wrong but did them anyway to see what would happen.

I invented my own LST training.
I use Light Stress Training and broil the Hell out of my plants. 😂

Even with my last plant, a few people were trying to save my plant and I had to tell them that there's nothing wrong and I'm doing everything on purpose.

I just figure that the results speak for themselves in the end.

This does look pretty bad, but it was her first day of LST and she had a bit of heat stroke. 😂

20231205_233106.jpg

Last edited:

Rocket Soul

Feel free to post anything you want to that thread.
I didn't even realize that there was an LED DIY section. 😂

Honestly, I don't want to bother.
I've kinda lost interest in growing and I just grow what I need for myself.

It would be great if you could Edit my thread and repost anything relevant to the DIY thread.

I can talk to @exploziv to give you permission, if that means anything?

He's been following my progress and I Suck at technology.
I did a lot of things considered wrong but did them anyway to see what would happen.

I invented my own LST training.
I use Light Stress Training and broil the Hell out of my plants. 😂

Even with my last plant, a few people were trying to save my plant and I had to tell them that there's nothing wrong and I'm doing everything on purpose.

I just figure that the results speak for themselves in the end.

This does look pretty bad, but it was her first day of LST and she had a bit of heat stroke. 😂

View attachment 19086915
Ill post a link to where ever i can find build related stuff but please help out and tell which year you built. Help a brother out dont make me read thru +300 pages... Ill also put a disclaimer and say that you were figuring things out yourself (thats awesome and brave, shoulda passed thru on rollitup where there was an ocean of knowledge in peeps having done stuff like this).

PCBuds

Ill post a link to where ever i can find build related stuff but please help out and tell which year you built. Help a brother out dont make me read thru +300 pages...

😂 OK, I'll look into some dates.
I was just looking through my thread and saw all kinds of stuff that I have no memory of. 😂

I do remember planting a seed in a hole that I drilled in the stump of a plant I cut. That was fun.
There's A LOT of nonsense and dumb shit that I did that I called experiments.

I had roots growing in my nute solution and I got a big kick out of watching them and taking pictures.

Apparently roots die if they see light, but that's not the case, and algae doesn't matter, they just steal nutes and remove oxygen, but it didn't seem to matter. The roots were fine when they were submerged.
I'm pretty sure they are supported from above and get their oxygen and nutrients from the root system above the water line.

Ill also put a disclaimer and say that you were figuring things out yourself (thats awesome and brave, shoulda passed thru on rollitup where there was an ocean of knowledge in peeps having done stuff like this).

I'll spend a few hours reading through my crap, but I don't like doing homework. 😂

At least this forum is easier to search now. I used to spend HOURS searching aimlessly looking for something in my thread.

Like when I switched to bloom nutes, so I'd enter "preflower" hoping to find the post about it.

Rocket Soul

😂 OK, I'll look into some dates.
I was just looking through my thread and saw all kinds of stuff that I have no memory of. 😂

I do remember planting a seed in a hole that I drilled in the stump of a plant I cut. That was fun.
There's A LOT of nonsense and dumb shit that I did that I called experiments.

I had roots growing in my nute solution and I got a big kick out of watching them and taking pictures.

Apparently roots die if they see light, but that's not the case, and algae doesn't matter, they just steal nutes and remove oxygen, but it didn't seem to matter. The roots were fine when they were submerged.
I'm pretty sure they are supported from above and get their oxygen and nutrients from the root system above the water line.

I'll spend a few hours reading through my crap, but I don't like doing homework. 😂

At least this forum is easier to search now. I used to spend HOURS searching aimlessly looking for something in my thread.

Like when I switched to bloom nutes, so I'd enter "preflower" hoping to find the post about it.
You can prep for finding things again:
See the little flag looking thing on the top of every post? Book marks! You can for example set a bookmark on an important post (yours or someone elses) so you can always come back. If u give me a year ill look into the start and when i have some real time ill look into experiments, love that stuff

PCBuds

I'll post a link here with an @Rocket Soul so that you can find it and I can lose track of it again.

When I'm looking for this post 5 years from now, I'll search "I can lose track" so that I can find it. 😂