What's new

Panama x Malawi - limited edition

sgka

Veteran
interesting @Old Fogey. It is, actually there are two, one in the corner you can't see. They're both AC infinity which stopped oscillating, learned they'll honor their warranty on the models I had, so new ones arrived yesterday. In my other tent I have one below and one above the canopy. Perhaps I'll swap them out tonight to under the canopy in this tight situation and see if it helps- in addition to the light dialing back and slowing down the N.

I'm running one of the mars hydro 800w FCEs, don't recall the model number off hand. No more vertical space in there, so when we left for holiday for a week and it was cranked up, I was thinking to myself "maybe I should have dialed it back to 80%"

El Timbo

I'm growing just one of these this summer - here she is at 3 weeks old.

DSCF0845[1].JPG

Old Uncle Ben

Am thinking about starting this, doing it outdoors. Fem seeds. Being these are indigenous to latitudes of 8 & 10* it suggests that the phytochrome influence (flowering response) is moot. Why bother with a 11/13 very early on? It's been my (sativa) experiences that such equatorial landraces flower/finish based on chronological age.

Being that I'm at a lat of 30* and our first freeze comes by late Nov., I'd like to finish by then. Am in a hot area. RH has been real high due to a high amount of rain this summer.

Also have the option of doing Golden Tiger X Panama (2022 seeds), and both are advertised as finishing around 12 weeks flowering.

@dubi, comments please.

Best,
Uncle Ben

sgka

Veteran
Am thinking about starting this, doing it outdoors. Fem seeds. Being these are indigenous to latitudes of 8 & 10* it suggests that the phytochrome influence (flowering response) is moot. Why bother with a 11/13 very early on? It's been my (sativa) experiences that such equatorial landraces flower/finish based on chronological age.

Being that I'm at a lat of 30* and our first freeze comes by late Nov., I'd like to finish by then. Am in a hot area. RH has been real high due to a high amount of rain this summer.

Also have the option of doing Golden Tiger X Panama (2022 seeds), and both are advertised as finishing around 12 weeks flowering.

@dubi, comments please.

Best,
Uncle Ben
For what it's worth I can attest to the mold resistance over my other strains. I'm at latitude 41 with those nasty wet falls. Haven't tried it outdoors yet. Good luck!

Old Uncle Ben

For what it's worth I can attest to the mold resistance over my other strains. I'm at latitude 41 with those nasty wet falls. Haven't tried it outdoors yet. Good luck!

Sounds good.

Your garden looks great. Growing sativas indoors is a real challenge.

Good luck!

sgka

Veteran
Had to remove this one piece, some mold starting inside the cola, noticed leaves dying off. Only needed to scrape out a small portion. Remaining piece is 90g wet. Everything else still looks good but will be on high alert now. Hoping to make it through the next 12 days without any spread
IMG_8696.jpeg

sgka

Veteran
Found another mold spot, scoped her, maybe 2% amber. She came down anyways. Using the 20% estimate the harvest on the Panama x malawi in the 10gal is 760g dry. Colas are rock solid, not surprising mold against the stem. I had to manually inspect each one. When I twisted them a little to open the major buds making up the colas it was like they were suctioned together. Whew!

A good number of colas the same length and larger in diameter than my forearm.
IMG_8751.jpeg
IMG_8754.jpeg

Koondense

Veteran
Lovely size colas :)
I would suggest you take a very good look inside all of them, their size can hide development of botrytis.
One of my biggest Panalawi colas was gone because of bad checking, practically a few days before harvest it went all moldy from the inside. Thankfully most other colas were fine.

Enjoy your flowers :)

sgka

Veteran
Lovely size colas :)
I would suggest you take a very good look inside all of them, their size can hide development of botrytis.
One of my biggest Panalawi colas was gone because of bad checking, practically a few days before harvest it went all moldy from the inside. Thankfully most other colas were fine.

Enjoy your flowers :)
I did! Definitely agreed on needing to check