What's new

Pakistan Chitral Kush

goingrey

Seeded PCK

pck.jpg

Knothead

Update on the female, been showing pistils now for about two weeks. Apparently this is a green pheno unless purple shows up later. She is growing like crazy and giving me some concern that I will be able to keep up. I have to water it at least twice daily , 3.5 gal bucket is solid rootball. Drinking that much water makes it difficult to feed at correct rate, currently at .8 ec. The males have contributed their distinctiveness and been
“retired“
87473C38-97E6-4B9A-A7ED-4E5B791A030C.jpeg
their pollen in the freezer. When is a good window to pollinate the female?

goingrey

Update on the female, been showing pistils now for about two weeks. Apparently this is a green pheno unless purple shows up later. She is growing like crazy and giving me some concern that I will be able to keep up. I have to water it at least twice daily , 3.5 gal bucket is solid rootball. Drinking that much water makes it difficult to feed at correct rate, currently at .8 ec. The males have contributed their distinctiveness and been
“retired“ View attachment 18870340 their pollen in the freezer. When is a good window to pollinate the female?
Looking great! I like to pollinate about 6 weeks before expected harvest. Not sure where I got this from but it has done me well so far (i.e. not many immature seeds).

“retired“ View attachment 18870340 their pollen in the freezer. When is a good window to pollinate the female?
Damm from my understanding only the Green ones get that Big! You say you started in April, did the males get that big 2? I have to midgets I started in April. Wondering should I have fed them more. You have A Winner!

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hey Dubi, no worries, I didn't buy from ace seeds directly but still ended up having a few plants to play with.

Even if you bought our seeds from a retailer, it's job my to make sure our customers are happy and don't have problems with our genetics (unless it's growers' negligence), so the offer is still open. Your PCK plants look good in the greenhouse, a pity they haven't had more growth time before entering summer time.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Excellent development and healthy growth for being grown in such small pot @Knothead :you know for sure what you are doing yes: Looks like she is going to produce a huge cola with strong arms. If you don't want to water/feed her so frequently and i would transplant her to a bigger pot for the rest of the flowering.

She looks like she is 10 days into flowering approx, you can pollinate a bit the lower branches in 10 days.

Under very hot summer outdoor conditions, purple PCK will grow green during growth stage, although showing clearly strong pigmentation once into flowering. If stems show pigmentation then she most probably will colorful during flowering, esle she will be a green pheno.

If you have in mind to do an open pollination next year for preservation purposes, then i would recommend you to work with bigger populations to don't bottleneck too much your population for the future. If you are into inbred certain expressions, then make sure to do it with the healthy expressions you like the most and you are fully familiarized with.

Welcome to ICMag @Altitudeup1 :wave: thanks for your interest in our genetics. PCK is certainly one of the shortest sized genetics in our collection, but it can grow moderate-big outdoors with proper conditions, cares and with enough growth time as Knothead shows with his plant. Green phenos are more compact with short nodes, while purple expressions can become quite stretchy in flowering for an indica.

therevverend

Veteran
“retired“
87473C38-97E6-4B9A-A7ED-4E5B791A030C.jpeg

their pollen in the freezer. When is a good window to pollinate the female?

Wow that's a small pot for a plant 3-4 months old outdoors. You must be dialed in with your feeding regime for it to be that big, green, and healthy. I don't usually transplant in flowering but I'd move it into a 5 gallon or even 7.5 gallon container. I'd use something like Sunshine Mix #4, Promix HP, or some other basic mix. That way the soil can retain some moisture and you won't have to water as often while not flooding the plant with nitrogen in early flowering.

Dubi's advice is excellent. The purple branches and petioles show that the flowers will turn purple in mid to late flowering. Especially in September when the weather starts to cool. It's going to finish very colorful.

It's still a week or two from reaching peak fertility for pollination. It'll be ready once those clusters of white hairs turn into tufts but before the calyxes start to swell. Once they're pollinated the seeds will take 4-8 weeks to mature, usually around 6 weeks. You don't have to pollinate the entire plant. 2 or 3 branches will provide you with all the seeds you need. I use a small paint brush or q-tip to pollinate a few individual branches so the rest of the plant is sinsemilla.

Even if you bought our seeds from a retailer, it's job my to make sure our customers are happy and don't have problems with our genetics (unless it's growers' negligence), so the offer is still open. Your PCK plants look good in the greenhouse, a pity they haven't had more growth time before entering summer time.
Fair enough. I'll send you an email when I got time.
And yes, I decided to order the seeds quite late. I had recently moved in and had everything to do. I mainly grow food for my household consumption. I quit smoking 2 years ago. Weed wasn't just a priority. And for the first time I have a small greenhouse that hasn't been blown off by the strong winds. I grow bell peppers, tomatoes, cucumbers, lemongrass and eggplants in there. I had melon plants too but seems like voles are wrecking havoc and they already killed two plants. Hopefully they'll leave the PCKs alone. But yeah I decided to grow just for fun and see if I can produce a few seeds for outdoor growing. The season is quite short where I live with early frosts. It's a pain to grow most plants if you don't have a greenhouse. I felt like the PCK was perfect for these conditions, on top of having a nice look and superb aromatic profile. (I'm a big fan of berry strains).

Knothead

@dubi thank you for your insights much appreciated. I was definitely wondering if it was going to be a "green" one, but as you say the petioles are all purple/red with some streaking in the trunk. Before this plant was put under the sun the main stem and petioles were blood red with a faint rosey cast to the growing point. The cuts taken from this plant and growing inside under the led all have blood red petioles and mains and that faint redness in the growing point. They were just up potted to veg under the lights until about Sept. 1 when they will go to the deck to be flowered in a proper autumn sun. They will surely experience some cooler conditions with first frost about Nov 1. As for the open pollination I intend to do outdoors next year I should have seeds from this female pollinated be two different males, one with a lot of red/purple in the flowers and the other a mostly green one with a fragrance that I haven't seen in a plant in veg. I intend to use those with the remainder of the pack that came from Ace for proper genetic influence. I was very fortunate to procure these seeds as I had been looking for a couple years for a pack from a US supplier and had been unsuccessful. A breeder I am not-for that I rely on you! As an interesting aside, from the first four cuttings all rooted albeit slowly. When they resumed growing they all exhibited "crinkly" leaves. Chalked that up to my lack of cloning skills and took a few more thinking that first batch was screwed. After a couple weeks growth became normal and vigorous. Makes me wish I had given that initial plant some time and consequently as I fool with this line more I will not be quick to cull a crinkly plant. A second cutting is developing normally.
@therevverend thank you for the advise on pollination. I had just pollinated three lowers at your response however I have my eyes on another lower. The way you described it is as it's happening. When I hit the first lowers the "buds" had just begun developing, now those clusters have turned into tufts. As far as the repotting, that I was considering but with the pot being a modified hempy that would present some unique challenges (not to mention that I'm not certain I could've handled the beast by myself.) I had actually considered putting it in the ground but it seems like the more I try to fool with stuff the more I screw it up, so I will be diligent about monitoring runoff and keeping it hydrated.
@Altitudeup1 my plants grew quite slowly in the beginning and had me wondering too. I think all of Dubi's hybrids have me expecting explosive growth. These have been quite different from sativas and hybrids.

Excellent development and healthy growth for being grown in such small pot @Knothead :you know for sure what you are doing yes: Looks like she is going to produce a huge cola with strong arms. If you don't want to water/feed her so frequently and i would transplant her to a bigger pot for the rest of the flowering.

She looks like she is 10 days into flowering approx, you can pollinate a bit the lower branches in 10 days.

Under very hot summer outdoor conditions, purple PCK will grow green during growth stage, although showing clearly strong pigmentation once into flowering. If stems show pigmentation then she most probably will colorful during flowering, esle she will be a green pheno.

If you have in mind to do an open pollination next year for preservation purposes, then i would recommend you to work with bigger populations to don't bottleneck too much your population for the future. If you are into inbred certain expressions, then make sure to do it with the healthy expressions you like the most and you are fully familiarized with.

Welcome to ICMag @Altitudeup1 :wave: thanks for your interest in our genetics. PCK is certainly one of the shortest sized genetics in our collection, but it can grow moderate-big outdoors with proper conditions, cares and with enough growth time as Knothead shows with his plant. Green phenos are more compact with short nodes, while purple expressions can become quite stretchy in flowering for an indica.
Thanks for the reply I will take some pics of mine and post soon, I'm having some issues with the nepal jam from you all I will post there and hopefully you might know.

The Zientist

Veteran
Hi everyone!

I'm sharing with you the first seedless cycle featuring all 7 females that were found in pack of PCK, from the previous stock done by Ras Pablo.
They were grown in a coco-based soil with organic amendments, water only in 5,5L pots. With no veg, to finish just in time for the summer break. Pictures were taken at D46 of 12/12.

#1 Forest fruit, cedar oil, naphthalene (intense)
PCK1.jpg

#2 Sour, gas, red fruitish, pungent but less complex
PCK2.jpg

#6 Green apple, creamy, car freshener aroma. Not a lot of bud going on here, though striking aroma.
PCK6.jpg

#8 Greasy, sour gummies though more subtle than sibs
PCK8.jpg

#9 Similar to #2 though a tad more astringent
PCK9.jpg

#10 Similar to #1, more intense, complex and brilliant aroma. My favorite! Wicked structure with quirks here and there.
PCK10(3).jpg

#11 Spicer and more herbal. The best from a production standpoint (yield, bract-to-leaf ratio, manageable modern indoor structure). A standout in a different and appealing direction. Cures to a distinct lavender gray tone.
Pck11 (2).jpg
Growing conditions were pretty harsh at times (30-33ºC often) but they managed to thrive and still provide a little flower to have a grasp of what they are capable of. They all finished pretty fast flowering wise, and at around D56 mostly were showing peak point maturity cues.
During the prior open-pollination they took around 75 days.

This time an earlier harvest was already planned for due to heat and in the future later ones will be experimented with.

I'm thrilled to have these curing, been 10 years since the last time.
I've been testing a cold cure method using a wine cooler for the first time and these will provide the perfect test case. First impression on climate controlled dry/cure is that it's totally worth the investment for the homegrower.

A proper cycle with the most interesting will follow in the future, I can already see several really interesting properties. Perhaps monovarietal ice or rosin? Who knows?... Tempting for sure, they are delectable.

Hope you've enjoyed.
tZ

Last edited:
Hi everyone!

I'm sharing with you the first seedless cycle featuring all 7 females that were found in pack of PCK, from the previous stock done by Ras Pablo.
They were grown in a coco-based soil with organic amendments, water only in 5,5L pots. With no veg, to finish just in time for the summer break. Pictures were taken at D46 of 12/12.

#1 Forest fruit, cedar oil, naphthalene (intense)
View attachment 18874427
#2 Sour, gas, red fruitish, pungent but less complex
View attachment 18874428
#6 Green apple, creamy, car freshener aroma. Not a lot of bud going on here, though striking aroma.
View attachment 18874430
#8 Greasy, sour gummies though more subtle than sibs
View attachment 18874431
#9 Similar to #2 though a tad more astringent
View attachment 18874432
#10 Similar to #1, more intense, complex and brilliant aroma. My favorite! Wicked structure with quirks here and there.
View attachment 18874433
#11 Spicer and more herbal. The best from a production standpoint (yield, bract-to-leaf ratio, manageable modern indoor structure). A standout in a different and appealing direction. Cures to a distinct lavender gray tone. View attachment 18874434 Growing conditions were pretty harsh at times (30-33ºC often) but they managed to thrive and still provide a little flower to have a grasp of what they are capable of. They all finished pretty fast flowering wise, and at around D56 mostly were showing peak point maturity cues.
During the prior open-pollination they took around 75 days.

This time an earlier harvest was already planned for due to heat and in the future later ones will be experimented with.

I'm thrilled to have these curing, been 10 years since the last time.
I've been testing a cold cure method using a wine cooler for the first time and these will provide the perfect test case. First impression on climate controlled dry/cure is that it's totally worth the investment for the homegrower.

A proper cycle with the most interesting will follow in the future, I can already see several really interesting properties. Perhaps monovarietal ice or rosin? Who knows?... Tempting for sure, they are delectable.

Hope you've enjoyed.
tZ
🏆💪💪🏆

goingrey

I've been smoking this leafy bud, like the sugar leaf mixed in, in joints with active carbon filters. It's a cigarette-like experience. Which sounds bad, I know, cigarettes are bad. But is actually quite enjoyable.

The "non-narcotic" indica high is nice. Though there is some grogginess to it. Yesterday I went out to buy a micro-USB cable for my camera with a pocket full of PCK joints. Took me about eight hours to get back home, and in the end I had forgotten to buy the cable. :D

Latest posts

Latest posts