What's new

Pakistan Chitral Kush Smoke Report Thread

Ravel

I combed through the Pakistan Chitral Kush Sticky and compiled all of the smoke reports, large, small, good, bad. Hopefully this saves time for those who don't have as much free time as I clearly do. You're all more than welcome to add your own reports to this list, or for that matter anything PCK related.

Since PCK is known more for its aroma and colors than its high, I've included some descriptions of smell and appearance and occasionally growing recommendations. The first 25 pages were almost entirely hybrids so it was hard picking through it. I may have missed a few PCK entries but I did my best. Enjoy!

Pages 1-10

dubi:

The high is not overpowering but after a good cure it's like a candy in the mouth. The effect is very pleasant in the head and body. Great day time smoke!

Potency is not overpowering but real pleasant.

charlie garcia:

In this particular case the lovely isolated purple clone has some beautiful and balanced traits making it a lovely smoke for day time with own personality. Flavours are delicious.... quality one.

Pages 11-20

dubi:

Green pakistan chitral phenos are usually higher yielding than purple ones, flower/leaf ratio is higher too. Aroma is sweet and candy, not so exotic like purple expressions but a pleasure too.

Green pakistan chitral pheno usually have denser flowers than purple one, as you have experienced is very resinous hehehe

Purple pheno finishes with beautiful foxtail flower formation.

Brad:

PPs1#1 will remain in my garden for a long time, not the most potent,an excellent day smoke and defintly one of the best looking cuts i have....

dubi:

It's great to see you around! As we commented privatly, green chitrals are usually more aromatic than the purple pheno. Cannabiogen breeders preserved different chitral phenos, each one has its own qualities. A good purple chitral mother is among the most exotic indicas a grower can find.

Purple chitrali smells and tastes more like a strawbeery/blackberry chewing gum, green phenos smell like a lemon/melon candy

charlie garcia:

those Pakis are not couch lock like some afghanis can be but more into the peaceful and relaxed side.

Came from Chitral Valley mid 90's. Flowers in 10-12 weeks, maybe little faster indoors. Medium vigour. Very good mold and pest resistance. Some original variation included since the beginning in each generation. Medium potency. Plenty of colours usually, from electric blue to deep purples or just greens. Medium-low calyx to leaf ratio. Strawberry, berrys, lemony aromas.

Pages 21-30

charlie garcia:

Usually they love big and rich pots and soils to grow well as they have not such hybrid vigour in first stages but once grown for a month, all should go ok. They do clone easely more or less as well... but not all.

This Pakistan Chitral shows pigmentations when not temps affecting, from the beginning you can find the colours. Spectrum goes from full white to deep purples

OM basically some lines can show pigments when temps drop down and you need to let them exposed to cold temps around, not only few leafes or so but whole plant

Ras Pablo:

This plants smells sweet and quite lavender, in the first stages of flower more dry lavender and within the maturation the sweetness appear like strawberrys but this distinct hint of lavender that I like so much.
Charlie, much know more about, he telled many times that some variations, since colour to smell's, they are green pheno's more citric and acid, and purple's/pink blueish, that smell more like strawberry/lavender, all of them fascinating and different from any other strain.

Here some dry samples, we've tried her a litle bit; has a nice hash taste with red wild fruits, as blackberry, blueberry, superb.
Very strong effect, antianxious, perfect when you arrived home tyred get a bit of peace.

bonecarver_OG:

its one of the most good looking plants i have ever grown - and i want to make sure i dont loose this pheno :D it is actually quite a nice yielder of VERY dense nugs covered with fine trichomes that gives the nugs an almost pink-silvery look after a few days drying.

the colour just goes deeper purple blueish as the clorophyle level goes down. the smell is less lavender now and its getting some leathery touches. interesting development

Ras Pablo:

The smelling is quite complex, a predominant sweet acid berry/strawberry smell then some retro smells of earth/hashish.
The smoke is superb, very dense. One hit and you taste the berry side I will say it's a 7,5-8 in a rank of 10, the hashi/citric side a 4-5 that complements the final taste. Just two hits and a cerebral effect starts in your head, perfect to laugh and talk, then past some minutes and you feel quite relax and unstressed but not died as a super heavy indica that don't let you "think" is more like a heavy punch, don¡t like this kind of effects has no character.

The range of colours goes from deep blues/purple to more red, pink's also white's are commun. Aromas goes from strawberry's/cherry, super floral hashish, strong citrus.

Pages 31-40

Corium:

One has an incredible acid cherry/strawberry flavor (the big purp one, #2)
Another one, the mini has a great smell too, not so powerfull but full of charme with a very nice grow, dark pink flower like grape, j'adore ^^

Ras Pablo:

Hash from this flowers can be proudly the best! hehe.
Yes, the cherry/berry aromas are so tasty, very representative of the line, in my experience the more hashy/floral taste's aromas more like purple berrys are quite potent. Also some turn the leafs black but not the flowers at all hehe.

Pages 41-50

Corium:

Hi :wave: Here a short report (with vaporizer) after my harvest of purple pakistani.

Taste: very irresistible, the famous cherry/grape taste already mentioned is very clearly pronounced, but also and this is part I find much of its charm, fabulous oriental spicy slightly sweet that make your mind travel through distant lands :ying: ...

high: gently euphoric high during the first 15'. After it is time to find marked stone I must say, once for myself, rather accustomed to the haze that I eat only for several weeks now. The arms become quite soft, as if you are gels, providing a kind of weightlessness very nice and really fun. Nevertheless, your senses are still on alert and you can still certainly react without remaining stuck to the sofa

dubi:

Stretching is around 50% (or less) in the first 2-3 weeks of flowering. It's very easy to control her size.

Yes, you ll need more than 1 month of veg to get large PCK plants with branches.

The potency of the PCK is very good, more powerful than most old outdoor dutch purple strains. You can not expect overpowering effects like in the best sativa/indicahybrids cos it's a pure inbred landrace and this kind of genetics doesnt provide the highest peaks of potency. But considering she is pure and inbred the average potency is very good, a bit stronger in the green phenos.

Pages 51-60

village green:

Hopefully this helps...I grew this and shared it with two sets of folks. One set are heavy smokers who gravitate toward strong indicas. They preferred Mental Floss to my PCK for strength of stone. Another group who are more casual users really raved about this strain including pleasant sedation, deep purple color and taste.

Terpene:

My PCK is more energetic than I would have thought. Both the smoke and brownies are very kush-esqe in terms of high, but with far better flavor and smell. The "omg I want to live inside this plant" borderline blackberry air freshener flavor / smell profile is strong and tends to stay in the back of your throat well after smoking her - a real delight. While not the most potent thing ever - say 7.5-8 or so out of 10, I will note this particular pheno is a bit more racy than anticipated and without social stimulus can lead to minor paranoia with heavy dosing. In social situations, you are up, talky as hell and pleasantly stoned.

The real treat of this plant is the smell / taste. If for no other reason people should grow this plant cause the smell alone will make you salivate.

mahatmaganja27:

Yes i have grown her before nice potent berry grapefruit smell and taste . Even mix head and body. I have grown dozens and all have turned purple even the males

Pages 61-70

Mountainkush:

Tried a test bud cut at 8 1/2 weeks last night and it has kind of a sweet and sour taste and smell. Kind of like a faint honey lemon. Really relaxing high. Perfect for an evening smoke that’s functional.

JimMuscles:

Taken @ 10 weeks. Smells like blackberry brandy, wine, cough syrup, and a faint touch of marijuana/skunk.

Pages 71-80

Mountainkush:

I don’t have a lot of experience with pure indicas but compared to most Indica dom bud I’ve had the pck seems to be the most balanced between head and body. It just relaxes my whole body, head to toe with a very calm at peace kind of feeling. I love it
The only direct comparison I have at the moment is my (Bubba kush x Pck) which hits my head hard and almost makes it hard to think as the buzz sets in and makes me really tired. The pure Pck on the other hand hits just as hard but with way more clarity and functionality.
I guess you could say the potency is good as I don’t need to smoke anymore than I would with other strains but the effects are more kind and gentle.
Most seem to use this for breeding but I think it’s great just as it is. As long as you don’t mind a longer veg and smaller yield.

kamyo:

Perfect for relaxing at the end of the day. No bad throughts or paranoia, and no sleep unless you're ready.

Ras Pablo:

Green expressions tend to be on the citrus skunky side. The black one's have an unique honeysuckle, vanilla cream aroma and taste.

The heavy purples are pure liquorice, dark berries and perfumed wood.

kamyo:

Smells like fruit/cough syrup and kind of has an almost butterscotch thing going on with the taste (of the test buds at least). Always a pleasure to grow and smoke her. She's special occasion weed.

dubi:

It's a strain that prefers soft feeding, so it's normal she is not fading much if you are feeding her strongly during flowering, since PCK is not a big yielder, neither has a very prolific growth due to being an inbred landrace, so it doesn't consume nutrients so fast or in big amounts like some outcrosses do. Make sure to make a proper flush in case the plants stay too green in late flowering (therefore storing excessive macronutrients) , yet avoid to overwater them in theirt last days of life.

Theorganicguy:

PCK is the true shining star of this season. Erdpurt was definitely a solid pillar for narcotic genetics, but PCK reigns supreme in the hash plant kingdom. Unlike Erdpurt, PCK promotes both mind and body relaxation, all without inducing brain freeze or a foggy mind. I’d define it as one of the closest experiences to dreaming achievable with Cannabis. The only difference between actual dreams and being under the influence of PCK is are your closed eyes. Pure bliss mixed with heavy body sedation is the ultimate combo for a cosy evening.
Taste department is another area PCK astonishes. Although very delicate, aromas are all over the flavour wheel! There are some faint notes of citrus at the beginning, which really resemble a watered down lemonade/blueberry juice. The great finale is the vanilla/tobacco cocktail left on your tongue when the material is slightly more vaporised. Really reminds me of Tom Ford fragrances!
Resinous, colourful and dreamlike. PCK seems to be the perfect match for Erdpurt. I can’t wait to grow some of these beans.

dubi:

I really like your accurate descriptions Theorganicguy :yes: While ErdPurt has a denser and more narcotic classic Afghani effect, pure PCK has much more clean, cerebral qualities to its effect.

This (along with the amazing colors, resins, mold and outdoor resistances) makes PCK much more desirable than other indicas to cross with sativa strains, without adding the Afghani dense and dirty effects that most sativa/indica hybrids have. It's true that pure PCK yields and taste is usually poor, but when PCK is correctly outcrossed these 2 traits are easily corrected and improved.

Pages 81-93

dubi:

Green PCK phenos tend to have a more columnar structure of fat, dense colas and it's more susceptible against botrytis. On the other hand, the purple phenos have a branchier structure, distributing the flowers in a more balanced way, with more open flower structure and overall much more genetically resistant to botrytis than green phenos.

achille:

I am surprised that there isn't much talk about PCK's effects: I find it to be quintessential indica. Hypnotic and immersive with a distinct visual effect, deeply relaxing but not debilitating. Very useful.

I have found it perfect for forgetting problems, watching movies, relaxing It's not too challenging, not too strong but not boring at all. The psychedelic, spiritual side is present, if need be. It reminds me of good moroccan hash.
I grew its sibling Violeta but I much prefer PCK's high. My Violeta was a little too nervous and uneventful (but a beautiful purple color, of course).

squatty:

I have never seen drying flowers that looked anything like the largest one I had. Wonderful magenta red flowers. I've also never had growing plants smell as sweet and inviting as they did. Just lovely.

yoss33:

I really like PCK. The highest-quality indica that I've grown and smoked.
It has low vigour and yield, potency is just good, but the effect and flavours are top notch. Body is pleasantly relaxed while the mind is invigorated. Heady in a smooth way (the darker phenos), the green one was stronger in a more usual heavy way. They're as heady as a 50/50 sativa/indica hybrid, but in a clean and smooth way. I grew outdoors an almost black pheno, and while it's not as frosty and potent as the more purple-red-green phenos, both its effects and flavors are exquisite. Very clean and pleasant, happy effect. Blissful in higher dose. And motivating to write reviews online :) Rich hash, berries and flowers flavour.
Didn't have any herm issues with started 7 plants and grown-to-finishing 3 females and 2 males.

El Timbo:

I've been vaping some of my winter PCK grow - I think it still needs to cure a little longer but so far I am enjoying it - a very pleasant, floaty, spaced out high - it's reminding me of when I used to smoke Pakistani hash in the UK in the 80s - Pakistani Black we used to call it.

dubi:

As i think i have commented a few times in this thread, pure PCK is mostly for breeding, hash plant and landrace lovers, for finished product better grow a PCK cross. The best way to get the best from colorful PCKs is to cross a really good, pinkish, bubblegum PCK with a prime quality sativa of high flower/leaf ratio.

For breeding and for flower production within the colorful expressions, I usually like the most expressions like yours: with a bit more 'sativa' influence, more open flower structure of better flower/leaf ratios, candy strawberry/blackberry bubblegum terps and super happy relaxing effects.

For the green expressions i prefer to select for the most broad leaved plants that finish white, with super resinous flowers, higher yields (than purple ones), pear-apple-hash terps and for much stronger, narcotic, stoney effects.

goingrey:

I've been smoking this leafy bud, like the sugar leaf mixed in, in joints with active carbon filters. It's a cigarette-like experience. Which sounds bad, I know, cigarettes are bad. But is actually quite enjoyable.

The "non-narcotic" indica high is nice. Though there is some grogginess to it. Yesterday I went out to buy a micro-USB cable for my camera with a pocket full of PCK joints. Took me about eight hours to get back home, and in the end I had forgotten to buy the cable.

The effect is mood-lifting

It feels short-lived, but when you look at a clock hours have passed

Theorganicguy:

PCK review after 10 months of curing

It’s a storm of cannabinoids and terpenes.
It’s disorientating, bizarre and yet thrilling.
It’s inevitability.

Drag eagerly and raspberries and lavender will burst all over your palate, spiralling in a summery apricot sunset. The next layer of terpenes shades into a totally different ambience: noir, sinuous, whimsical. It’s dry tobacco, billowy vanilla with a redolent sweet aftertaste.
Just like the sun slowly fading on the horizon, the rain drawing closer, PCK will have you draping over your chair, watching your everyday life fade in the rear mirror.
Unpractical, vertiginous and yet so tempting. PCK is a NLD in disguise. It will goggle your eyes whilst melting your muscles, unleashing a nebula of cannabinoids.
All this sedation in conjunction with flicks of energy flashing your thoughts will have you stare at the ceiling until it stares back at you.
This brings me to the most negative part of PCK: the upsetting, unpredictable, dizzying flow of yin and yang energy. Your conscience is trapped inside a body too assuaged to indulge in your wishes. You are tied to a jumping horse, too agitated to faint and too storm-tossed to properly relax. Both sides of the moon shine on you at once, eventually disorientating you.

PCK has many lovely characteristics: unbelievably tasty, abundantly resinous and exotic-looking. it’s just utterly complicated to find a suiting moment to enjoy it.
First thing in the morning? You’ll struggle to get to lunch awake.
As a treat in the early afternoon? Get ready for a yawning competition.
After the day has ended? Don’t overindulge or you’ll spend half of your night turning over like an omelette.
I believe PCK is breeding material at its finest: well suited for every kind of hybrid, highly resistant to the elements and with some out of the ordinary terpenes and colours, ready to be moulded into something with a more delineated identity.

Knothead:

Cultivar is no slouch in the potency department, early samples seem sativa like without dirtiness.

The Zientist:

PCK10 at D60.
Sampling the first nug as I'm writing this, no cure.
Astringent and sweet on nose at the same time, like a tiger balm and blackberry crossover.
Mouth coating fresh lemon smint taste with forest fruit aspects in there too.
There's also an orange peel lingering flavor as you go through.
The exhale is fresh and the aroma stays with you for a while. Definitely has broncodilating properties.

The effect has a smooth onset, not overwhelming or boring as it develops, just wholesome.
Rings on your ear a bit, same way hazes tend to do: Like a record is playing on an nearby old radio.
Pretty darn calming, therapy for the soul. Wrapped in a flavorsome and complex package. Keeps you wanting to go back and rip another capsule. Was a nice finding without doubt.

dubi:

Regarding your 3 way is hard to to tell for me since i have no experience with the 2 sativa lines you mention, but if you want a hybrid of consistent quick-moderate flowering time use a high quality sativa hybrid mother of not ultra long flowering and pollinate her in the last step with a good PCK male of your choice. Purple PCK genes are more resistant to cold/moisture and slightly faster flowering than the green side of PCK family. After that, you can look for good recessive expressions and outliers in the F2 generation/s.

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
I combed through the Pakistan Chitral Kush Sticky and compiled all of the smoke reports, large, small, good, bad. Hopefully this saves time for those who don't have as much free time as I clearly do. You're all more than welcome to add your own reports to this list, or for that matter anything PCK related.

Since PCK is known more for its aroma and colors than its high, I've included some descriptions of smell and appearance and occasionally growing recommendations. The first 25 pages were almost entirely hybrids so it was hard picking through it. I may have missed a few PCK entries but I did my best. Enjoy!

Pages 1-10

dubi:

The high is not overpowering but after a good cure it's like a candy in the mouth. The effect is very pleasant in the head and body. Great day time smoke!

Potency is not overpowering but real pleasant.

charlie garcia:

In this particular case the lovely isolated purple clone has some beautiful and balanced traits making it a lovely smoke for day time with own personality. Flavours are delicious.... quality one.

Pages 11-20

dubi:

Green pakistan chitral phenos are usually higher yielding than purple ones, flower/leaf ratio is higher too. Aroma is sweet and candy, not so exotic like purple expressions but a pleasure too.

Green pakistan chitral pheno usually have denser flowers than purple one, as you have experienced is very resinous hehehe

Purple pheno finishes with beautiful foxtail flower formation.

Brad:

PPs1#1 will remain in my garden for a long time, not the most potent,an excellent day smoke and defintly one of the best looking cuts i have....

dubi:

It's great to see you around! As we commented privatly, green chitrals are usually more aromatic than the purple pheno. Cannabiogen breeders preserved different chitral phenos, each one has its own qualities. A good purple chitral mother is among the most exotic indicas a grower can find.

Purple chitrali smells and tastes more like a strawbeery/blackberry chewing gum, green phenos smell like a lemon/melon candy

charlie garcia:

those Pakis are not couch lock like some afghanis can be but more into the peaceful and relaxed side.

Came from Chitral Valley mid 90's. Flowers in 10-12 weeks, maybe little faster indoors. Medium vigour. Very good mold and pest resistance. Some original variation included since the beginning in each generation. Medium potency. Plenty of colours usually, from electric blue to deep purples or just greens. Medium-low calyx to leaf ratio. Strawberry, berrys, lemony aromas.

Pages 21-30

charlie garcia:

Usually they love big and rich pots and soils to grow well as they have not such hybrid vigour in first stages but once grown for a month, all should go ok. They do clone easely more or less as well... but not all.

This Pakistan Chitral shows pigmentations when not temps affecting, from the beginning you can find the colours. Spectrum goes from full white to deep purples

OM basically some lines can show pigments when temps drop down and you need to let them exposed to cold temps around, not only few leafes or so but whole plant

Ras Pablo:

This plants smells sweet and quite lavender, in the first stages of flower more dry lavender and within the maturation the sweetness appear like strawberrys but this distinct hint of lavender that I like so much.
Charlie, much know more about, he telled many times that some variations, since colour to smell's, they are green pheno's more citric and acid, and purple's/pink blueish, that smell more like strawberry/lavender, all of them fascinating and different from any other strain.

Here some dry samples, we've tried her a litle bit; has a nice hash taste with red wild fruits, as blackberry, blueberry, superb.
Very strong effect, antianxious, perfect when you arrived home tyred get a bit of peace.

bonecarver_OG:

its one of the most good looking plants i have ever grown - and i want to make sure i dont loose this pheno :D it is actually quite a nice yielder of VERY dense nugs covered with fine trichomes that gives the nugs an almost pink-silvery look after a few days drying.

the colour just goes deeper purple blueish as the clorophyle level goes down. the smell is less lavender now and its getting some leathery touches. interesting development

Ras Pablo:

The smelling is quite complex, a predominant sweet acid berry/strawberry smell then some retro smells of earth/hashish.
The smoke is superb, very dense. One hit and you taste the berry side I will say it's a 7,5-8 in a rank of 10, the hashi/citric side a 4-5 that complements the final taste. Just two hits and a cerebral effect starts in your head, perfect to laugh and talk, then past some minutes and you feel quite relax and unstressed but not died as a super heavy indica that don't let you "think" is more like a heavy punch, don¡t like this kind of effects has no character.

The range of colours goes from deep blues/purple to more red, pink's also white's are commun. Aromas goes from strawberry's/cherry, super floral hashish, strong citrus.

Pages 31-40

Corium:

One has an incredible acid cherry/strawberry flavor (the big purp one, #2)
Another one, the mini has a great smell too, not so powerfull but full of charme with a very nice grow, dark pink flower like grape, j'adore ^^

Ras Pablo:

Hash from this flowers can be proudly the best! hehe.
Yes, the cherry/berry aromas are so tasty, very representative of the line, in my experience the more hashy/floral taste's aromas more like purple berrys are quite potent. Also some turn the leafs black but not the flowers at all hehe.

Pages 41-50

Corium:

Hi :wave: Here a short report (with vaporizer) after my harvest of purple pakistani.

Taste: very irresistible, the famous cherry/grape taste already mentioned is very clearly pronounced, but also and this is part I find much of its charm, fabulous oriental spicy slightly sweet that make your mind travel through distant lands :ying: ...

high: gently euphoric high during the first 15'. After it is time to find marked stone I must say, once for myself, rather accustomed to the haze that I eat only for several weeks now. The arms become quite soft, as if you are gels, providing a kind of weightlessness very nice and really fun. Nevertheless, your senses are still on alert and you can still certainly react without remaining stuck to the sofa

dubi:

Stretching is around 50% (or less) in the first 2-3 weeks of flowering. It's very easy to control her size.

Yes, you ll need more than 1 month of veg to get large PCK plants with branches.

The potency of the PCK is very good, more powerful than most old outdoor dutch purple strains. You can not expect overpowering effects like in the best sativa/indicahybrids cos it's a pure inbred landrace and this kind of genetics doesnt provide the highest peaks of potency. But considering she is pure and inbred the average potency is very good, a bit stronger in the green phenos.

Pages 51-60

village green:

Hopefully this helps...I grew this and shared it with two sets of folks. One set are heavy smokers who gravitate toward strong indicas. They preferred Mental Floss to my PCK for strength of stone. Another group who are more casual users really raved about this strain including pleasant sedation, deep purple color and taste.

Terpene:

My PCK is more energetic than I would have thought. Both the smoke and brownies are very kush-esqe in terms of high, but with far better flavor and smell. The "omg I want to live inside this plant" borderline blackberry air freshener flavor / smell profile is strong and tends to stay in the back of your throat well after smoking her - a real delight. While not the most potent thing ever - say 7.5-8 or so out of 10, I will note this particular pheno is a bit more racy than anticipated and without social stimulus can lead to minor paranoia with heavy dosing. In social situations, you are up, talky as hell and pleasantly stoned.

The real treat of this plant is the smell / taste. If for no other reason people should grow this plant cause the smell alone will make you salivate.

mahatmaganja27:

Yes i have grown her before nice potent berry grapefruit smell and taste . Even mix head and body. I have grown dozens and all have turned purple even the males

Pages 61-70

Mountainkush:

Tried a test bud cut at 8 1/2 weeks last night and it has kind of a sweet and sour taste and smell. Kind of like a faint honey lemon. Really relaxing high. Perfect for an evening smoke that’s functional.

JimMuscles:

Taken @ 10 weeks. Smells like blackberry brandy, wine, cough syrup, and a faint touch of marijuana/skunk.

Pages 71-80

Mountainkush:

I don’t have a lot of experience with pure indicas but compared to most Indica dom bud I’ve had the pck seems to be the most balanced between head and body. It just relaxes my whole body, head to toe with a very calm at peace kind of feeling. I love it
The only direct comparison I have at the moment is my (Bubba kush x Pck) which hits my head hard and almost makes it hard to think as the buzz sets in and makes me really tired. The pure Pck on the other hand hits just as hard but with way more clarity and functionality.
I guess you could say the potency is good as I don’t need to smoke anymore than I would with other strains but the effects are more kind and gentle.
Most seem to use this for breeding but I think it’s great just as it is. As long as you don’t mind a longer veg and smaller yield.

kamyo:

Perfect for relaxing at the end of the day. No bad throughts or paranoia, and no sleep unless you're ready.

Ras Pablo:

Green expressions tend to be on the citrus skunky side. The black one's have an unique honeysuckle, vanilla cream aroma and taste.

The heavy purples are pure liquorice, dark berries and perfumed wood.

kamyo:

Smells like fruit/cough syrup and kind of has an almost butterscotch thing going on with the taste (of the test buds at least). Always a pleasure to grow and smoke her. She's special occasion weed.

dubi:

It's a strain that prefers soft feeding, so it's normal she is not fading much if you are feeding her strongly during flowering, since PCK is not a big yielder, neither has a very prolific growth due to being an inbred landrace, so it doesn't consume nutrients so fast or in big amounts like some outcrosses do. Make sure to make a proper flush in case the plants stay too green in late flowering (therefore storing excessive macronutrients) , yet avoid to overwater them in theirt last days of life.

Theorganicguy:

PCK is the true shining star of this season. Erdpurt was definitely a solid pillar for narcotic genetics, but PCK reigns supreme in the hash plant kingdom. Unlike Erdpurt, PCK promotes both mind and body relaxation, all without inducing brain freeze or a foggy mind. I’d define it as one of the closest experiences to dreaming achievable with Cannabis. The only difference between actual dreams and being under the influence of PCK is are your closed eyes. Pure bliss mixed with heavy body sedation is the ultimate combo for a cosy evening.
Taste department is another area PCK astonishes. Although very delicate, aromas are all over the flavour wheel! There are some faint notes of citrus at the beginning, which really resemble a watered down lemonade/blueberry juice. The great finale is the vanilla/tobacco cocktail left on your tongue when the material is slightly more vaporised. Really reminds me of Tom Ford fragrances!
Resinous, colourful and dreamlike. PCK seems to be the perfect match for Erdpurt. I can’t wait to grow some of these beans.

dubi:

I really like your accurate descriptions Theorganicguy :yes: While ErdPurt has a denser and more narcotic classic Afghani effect, pure PCK has much more clean, cerebral qualities to its effect.

This (along with the amazing colors, resins, mold and outdoor resistances) makes PCK much more desirable than other indicas to cross with sativa strains, without adding the Afghani dense and dirty effects that most sativa/indica hybrids have. It's true that pure PCK yields and taste is usually poor, but when PCK is correctly outcrossed these 2 traits are easily corrected and improved.

Pages 81-93

dubi:

Green PCK phenos tend to have a more columnar structure of fat, dense colas and it's more susceptible against botrytis. On the other hand, the purple phenos have a branchier structure, distributing the flowers in a more balanced way, with more open flower structure and overall much more genetically resistant to botrytis than green phenos.

achille:

I am surprised that there isn't much talk about PCK's effects: I find it to be quintessential indica. Hypnotic and immersive with a distinct visual effect, deeply relaxing but not debilitating. Very useful.

I have found it perfect for forgetting problems, watching movies, relaxing It's not too challenging, not too strong but not boring at all. The psychedelic, spiritual side is present, if need be. It reminds me of good moroccan hash.
I grew its sibling Violeta but I much prefer PCK's high. My Violeta was a little too nervous and uneventful (but a beautiful purple color, of course).

squatty:

I have never seen drying flowers that looked anything like the largest one I had. Wonderful magenta red flowers. I've also never had growing plants smell as sweet and inviting as they did. Just lovely.

yoss33:

I really like PCK. The highest-quality indica that I've grown and smoked.
It has low vigour and yield, potency is just good, but the effect and flavours are top notch. Body is pleasantly relaxed while the mind is invigorated. Heady in a smooth way (the darker phenos), the green one was stronger in a more usual heavy way. They're as heady as a 50/50 sativa/indica hybrid, but in a clean and smooth way. I grew outdoors an almost black pheno, and while it's not as frosty and potent as the more purple-red-green phenos, both its effects and flavors are exquisite. Very clean and pleasant, happy effect. Blissful in higher dose. And motivating to write reviews online :) Rich hash, berries and flowers flavour.
Didn't have any herm issues with started 7 plants and grown-to-finishing 3 females and 2 males.

El Timbo:

I've been vaping some of my winter PCK grow - I think it still needs to cure a little longer but so far I am enjoying it - a very pleasant, floaty, spaced out high - it's reminding me of when I used to smoke Pakistani hash in the UK in the 80s - Pakistani Black we used to call it.

dubi:

As i think i have commented a few times in this thread, pure PCK is mostly for breeding, hash plant and landrace lovers, for finished product better grow a PCK cross. The best way to get the best from colorful PCKs is to cross a really good, pinkish, bubblegum PCK with a prime quality sativa of high flower/leaf ratio.

For breeding and for flower production within the colorful expressions, I usually like the most expressions like yours: with a bit more 'sativa' influence, more open flower structure of better flower/leaf ratios, candy strawberry/blackberry bubblegum terps and super happy relaxing effects.

For the green expressions i prefer to select for the most broad leaved plants that finish white, with super resinous flowers, higher yields (than purple ones), pear-apple-hash terps and for much stronger, narcotic, stoney effects.

goingrey:

I've been smoking this leafy bud, like the sugar leaf mixed in, in joints with active carbon filters. It's a cigarette-like experience. Which sounds bad, I know, cigarettes are bad. But is actually quite enjoyable.

The "non-narcotic" indica high is nice. Though there is some grogginess to it. Yesterday I went out to buy a micro-USB cable for my camera with a pocket full of PCK joints. Took me about eight hours to get back home, and in the end I had forgotten to buy the cable.

The effect is mood-lifting

It feels short-lived, but when you look at a clock hours have passed

Theorganicguy:

PCK review after 10 months of curing

It’s a storm of cannabinoids and terpenes.
It’s disorientating, bizarre and yet thrilling.
It’s inevitability.

Drag eagerly and raspberries and lavender will burst all over your palate, spiralling in a summery apricot sunset. The next layer of terpenes shades into a totally different ambience: noir, sinuous, whimsical. It’s dry tobacco, billowy vanilla with a redolent sweet aftertaste.
Just like the sun slowly fading on the horizon, the rain drawing closer, PCK will have you draping over your chair, watching your everyday life fade in the rear mirror.
Unpractical, vertiginous and yet so tempting. PCK is a NLD in disguise. It will goggle your eyes whilst melting your muscles, unleashing a nebula of cannabinoids.
All this sedation in conjunction with flicks of energy flashing your thoughts will have you stare at the ceiling until it stares back at you.
This brings me to the most negative part of PCK: the upsetting, unpredictable, dizzying flow of yin and yang energy. Your conscience is trapped inside a body too assuaged to indulge in your wishes. You are tied to a jumping horse, too agitated to faint and too storm-tossed to properly relax. Both sides of the moon shine on you at once, eventually disorientating you.

PCK has many lovely characteristics: unbelievably tasty, abundantly resinous and exotic-looking. it’s just utterly complicated to find a suiting moment to enjoy it.
First thing in the morning? You’ll struggle to get to lunch awake.
As a treat in the early afternoon? Get ready for a yawning competition.
After the day has ended? Don’t overindulge or you’ll spend half of your night turning over like an omelette.
I believe PCK is breeding material at its finest: well suited for every kind of hybrid, highly resistant to the elements and with some out of the ordinary terpenes and colours, ready to be moulded into something with a more delineated identity.

Knothead:

Cultivar is no slouch in the potency department, early samples seem sativa like without dirtiness.

The Zientist:

PCK10 at D60.
Sampling the first nug as I'm writing this, no cure.
Astringent and sweet on nose at the same time, like a tiger balm and blackberry crossover.
Mouth coating fresh lemon smint taste with forest fruit aspects in there too.
There's also an orange peel lingering flavor as you go through.
The exhale is fresh and the aroma stays with you for a while. Definitely has broncodilating properties.

The effect has a smooth onset, not overwhelming or boring as it develops, just wholesome.
Rings on your ear a bit, same way hazes tend to do: Like a record is playing on an nearby old radio.
Pretty darn calming, therapy for the soul. Wrapped in a flavorsome and complex package. Keeps you wanting to go back and rip another capsule. Was a nice finding without doubt.

dubi:

Regarding your 3 way is hard to to tell for me since i have no experience with the 2 sativa lines you mention, but if you want a hybrid of consistent quick-moderate flowering time use a high quality sativa hybrid mother of not ultra long flowering and pollinate her in the last step with a good PCK male of your choice. Purple PCK genes are more resistant to cold/moisture and slightly faster flowering than the green side of PCK family. After that, you can look for good recessive expressions and outliers in the F2 generation/s.
Thanks for the post friend, very interesting.

squatty

Thank you for grabbing this information out of all those pages of PCK. I really appreciate Dubi's notes on breeding with PCK.

I grew PCK a couple of years ago and have enjoyed it. Unfortunately I left town just after harvest and did not get a proper cure to preserve terpenes so well. When I first began sampling my PCK I was surprised at how mild the high was (certainly in part from my cure.)

What rang true for me when I read through the comments is how calming some people find PCK. My PCK harvest has turned out to be very relaxing and calming for both mind and body. Like taking a deep, calming breath with my eyes closed and a smile on my face.

Latest posts

Latest posts