What's new

Pain Management thread

tobedetermined

Premium user
ICMag Donor
i've read on its (shockwave) use on kidney stones.
That is lithotripsy. They use targeted ultrasonic sound pulses to break up kidney stones without surgery. I have had it done 3 times over the last 25 years.

The 2nd time, the rubble clogged my kidney and it took them 5 days to get a stent put in - which I had for 10 days with a string hanging out. Those 5 days were spent in a hospital that was gradually shutting down, so I was alone in the last room of a hall with only a handful of patients and I was high as a kite on Demerol. Every 3 1/2 hours for 5 days they gave me a bag but I was hurting for it at 3. I swore my night nurse was a Voodoo Queen . . .

tobedetermined

Premium user
ICMag Donor
Yes, it was . . . but there was a happy ending. After another serious round of stones in the early ‘10s, an urologist slammed me with tests and he figured out that it was a tumour on one of my parathyroid glands that was causing an overproduction of calcium, which showed up as rocks in my kidneys. A surgeon solved that benign little bastard and my stone production has ceased. I am left with 2 small ones in the left and 1 in the right afaik, that only show themselves once in a while as a mild kidney pain when the atmospheric pressure drops.

And on topic . . . there is no cannabis product that will help you for severe renal colic.

Steele Savage

Boutique Breeder
Veteran
Dr Fry was one of my dr.s. Hopefully this paper will help some folks with their pain management. The graphs are all messed up and I didn't have a scanner at the time, however if you can imagine wavelengths, I think you can figure out what they show.

hassoalbert

Pain definitely sucks. One of my bitches are the doctors. At least in my case every doc tells me I don’t make sense. I get what feels like (or what I imagine feels like) being stabbed repeatedly in two areas of my abdomen. It also burns like a son of a bitch. I can be sitting, walking, standing still.. and all the sudden I’m doubled over in pain. I also get shooting pain across the top of my chest. Right to left. Luckily this is a quick 10 second type. The stabbing one lasts long. Also there is a constant pain that does not go away. It always there at some level. Feels like Mike Tyson took his best shot and landed in my abs/ribs. On good days it’s only quite painful. My elbows are functional until some weight is applied. Constant soreness and stabbing when I use them. Docs tried telling me in my head until my elbows started failing. Now my hips have begun to follow suite. Also had a weak positive for chrons. I get the squats now and again. Sucks ass. Ha ha.

I’ve seemed to build up a huge tolerance and can vape constantly with little to no effect. I’ve found by accident one commercial cartridge removes elbow pain somewhat. I’m trying to figure what was in it. I’ll go broke buying 60$ cart every day. Plus it was in another state and not easy to get to.

Now looking at chemdawg or crosses.

@bigsur51 .. damnnn. Hopefully you are out of that bed by now. I’m working toward what you have going. Grow my own, make my own. What hard hitting indica strains do you grow?

I’ve made one salve that didn’t seem to work all that well. I was dropping edibles like m&m s. But.. turns out that was actually aggravating my chest pains somehow. Awful cycle. I hurt so would eat more, which made it worse, which made me eat more. I seldom eat edibles now and the pain is reduced from what it was. I figured this out when I ran out of gummies for a while teeth straightening stoke-on-trent. Maybe my strains? Don’t know.
An interesting effect occurred when the medication started working: initially, the pain vanished from my waist, and over the following days, it gradually moved down my leg—from my butt, to my thigh, knee, shin, and finally to my foot.

I Care

Best pain killer terps I found this were in the GKMxDOC I grew this year. I bought a few packs of seeds because it was so effective and also suitable for daytime/work use.

Latest posts

Latest posts