What's new

Outdoor flowers

buteo

Premium user
Veteran
These were from 2023. Gorilla girl and biscotti mint i think are the only photos. Maybe Spooky OG in there as well. They did pretty well in this region. Next season we always hope will be better.

The field is ideal for an area like this, top of the mountain with less of a tree line. Higher elevations to avoid light blockage from the dense forests.

Attachments

• PXL_20230928_185836660.jpg
    PXL_20230928_185836660.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 76
  • PXL_20230831_165653949.jpg
    PXL_20230831_165653949.jpg
    4.8 MB · Views: 76
  • PXL_20230907_202339995.jpg
    PXL_20230907_202339995.jpg
    4.7 MB · Views: 82
  • PXL_20230907_202333916.jpg
    PXL_20230907_202333916.jpg
    5.2 MB · Views: 72
  • PXL_20230921_204142269.jpg
    PXL_20230921_204142269.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 69
  • PXL_20231002_211531934.jpg
    PXL_20231002_211531934.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 66
  • PXL_20230907_202641152.jpg
    PXL_20230907_202641152.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 69

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
These were from 2023. Gorilla girl and biscotti mint i think are the only photos. Maybe Spooky OG in there as well. They did pretty well in this region. Next season we always hope will be better.

The field is ideal for an area like this, top of the mountain with less of a tree line. Higher elevations to avoid light blockage from the dense forests.
Damn, those look healthy friend. What kind of water did you have to use?

buteo

Premium user
Veteran
Damn, those look healthy friend. What kind of water did you have to use?
This field is the best in the area i have , only problem is it is a nightmare to bring agriculture supplies. I have soil from horse manure that has been composting for many years a lot of it over 20 years. Its a nice dark black soil to start off with, and i add a random mix to enhance it for cannabis. Its not exactly science because we kind of just mix what has worked best over the years.

For nutrient additives i forget what the start was for vegetative stage. We ended with the fox farms granules, open sesame, the one with godzilla on it(i forget the name) and i think the last one is called cha ching. We also had a molasses we added in with a few other things we like to add from experience .We bring the water to the field with hundreds of feet of hose connected to a pump into an old hand dug well. This was a dairy farm a long time ago so the hand dug well being way out there is a nice advantage.

With the workload in this remote area it can be exhausting, these are just a few from this grow, (the ones i like best). Ill try to find the other field if i have any photos(a field next to the one in the images). That field contained a weird clone labeled "Lemon gorilla glue" that does really well in this location outdoors. We also had kerosene krash there , spooky og, and more biscotti mint as well.

I have an odd obsession with gorilla glue hybrids, everytime i search seedbanks for new strains it always ends up being gorrilla glue and this year im getting away from it. Also seems gelato strains turn up as well why i have switched to something a bit different this year (twent20).

Sorry random ramblings thank you for reading it all!

buteo

Premium user
Veteran
looks like not small yield at those pix
Was a large yield with all the projects included. Pretty large for mostly just dumping water on them every so often and mixing in some additives once a week(sometimes screwing up and lazily missing the schedule)

buteo

Premium user
Veteran
Ah see you have more pictures there! The car one really pushes what we are like! 🤣

Old Piney

buteo

Premium user
Veteran
Yea we planted in the ground before will be the same labor carting the soil up. The soil there is like clay. The hard part is carting it up. 4x4 ATV should do the trick though! xD

Old Piney

Yea we planted in the ground before will be the same labor carting the soil up. The soil there is like clay. The hard part is carting it up. 4x4 ATV should do the trick though! xD
Less work if you use the clay soil already there ,Clay is not bad if you add compost and sand To improve drainage . Or save your back and use perlite rather than sand, Clay soil hold water and you probably wont need to water.at all Like I said the weeds like it can't be that bad

Old Piney

Just trying to save you some work , if you doubt me try one hole just for kicks .I've grown in heavy clay soil with just rotted horse manure and lime mixed in

buteo

Premium user
Veteran
We could possibly try adding some type of mix to reduce what we need to cart up to the field. Maybe we will give it a shot and see what comes of it.

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
Less work if you use the clay soil already there ,Clay is not bad if you add compost and sand To improve drainage . Or save your back and use perlite rather than sand, Clay soil hold water and you probably wont need to water.at all Like I said the weeds like it can't be that bad
You are sure right about clay. I add peat moss to it to lower the pH and it kicks ass.

buteo

Premium user
Veteran
Hmm i guess i never tried bc i always hated the stuff. Now you both have my gears turning in my mindbrain.