What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest in October! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Online Landrace Seed Sourcing Archive

Maybe I am in the right place for my question here, @Verdant Whisperer
I once (late 80s?) got a Chitral cut from Holland, it was the most devastating weed I and many others ever smoked. Nobody smoked it a second time voluntarily.
My question is: what cannabinoids or which combinations of terpenes and cannabinoids could cause such an effect (edit) of impending doom.
You felt sick, your head was buzzing loud, the cloud in your head was thick, you couldn't talk or swallow anything, the pressure in your eyes was immense. Couch lock was complete, even for people with the highest tolerance. You only wanted it to stop and then you would crawl into your bed feeling sick.
From the smell I only remember that it was very promising, very intense and aromatic. It was a perfect indoor harvest too.
I threw the cut away - disgusted. Later I felt that was stupid. Could have been perfect for breeding.

It would be great if you could help.
Or anybody 🖐
Indian Landrace Exchange had a few years ago a strain, coincidentally from Afghanistan, but I'm not 100% because I don't even remember the name of the strain. It could have been from Afghanistan or Pakistan. Might even have been Pishin, but I think it was different. Impending doom was the main description of that strain. You can start searching from their accessions starting 2020, although I remember it being 2021 (or 2022).

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I would be interested in any details you could provide us about the phenotypic expressions of that AG, after you finish growing it, and after you had some time to test it!
100_0383.JPG

I think the trip pheno is the bottom one. I am going to test the top one today. I sampled a bit of it earlier and it was just mild so no expectation on it. The look of the plants was pretty uniform. Not a lot of physical difference.

Those are 3 plants, almost all of the buds are showing. They were stunted and just had buds at the top of a long stem. Hopefully I can get more than one joint per plant going forward, as that is all I got with the grow I already did and is shown in the picture.

The look of the plants is like a Oaxacan I grew. The leaves are not narrow at all and the stem stretches a long way. Very little bud to the plants. I will never know the lineage of this strain as AG was a big counterfeit deal. The smugglers or dealers would name whatever they had Acapulco Gold to get top dollar.

With how little this line yields, it is no wonder it was not more popular for growers. The grower would typically get like a few dollars a pound. More pounds more pesos. They got the short end of everything even though they were the reason the pot was there to begin with. The breeders likely the same story. That would explain how strains got lost or diluted. Not much incentive for them.

Verdant Whisperer

Indian Landrace Exchange had a few years ago a strain, coincidentally from Afghanistan, but I'm not 100% because I don't even remember the name of the strain. It could have been from Afghanistan or Pakistan. Might even have been Pishin, but I think it was different. Impending doom was the main description of that strain. You can start searching from their accessions starting 2020, although I remember it being 2021 (or 2022).
I remember that description it was on ACE's site, Its not there anymore but the region you will find impending doom phenotypes is Balochistan, and some probably in the KPK province.
1728159135299.png
1728158984705.png

Last edited:

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
100_0355.JPG

this is one of the AG plants. No real narrow leaves and small buds. It took about 9 weeks to finish with 9/15 hours and not waiting on amber resin to develop. I do not wait on amber for any strain. Too sleepy and I am in a hurry.

Maybe I am in the right place for my question here, @Verdant Whisperer
I once (late 80s?) got a Chitral cut from Holland, it was the most devastating weed I and many others ever smoked. Nobody smoked it a second time voluntarily.
My question is: what cannabinoids or which combinations of terpenes and cannabinoids could cause such an effect (edit) of impending doom.
You felt sick, your head was buzzing loud, the cloud in your head was thick, you couldn't talk or swallow anything, the pressure in your eyes was immense. Couch lock was complete, even for people with the highest tolerance. You only wanted it to stop and then you would crawl into your bed feeling sick.
From the smell I only remember that it was very promising, very intense and aromatic. It was a perfect indoor harvest too.
I threw the cut away - disgusted. Later I felt that was stupid. Could have been perfect for breeding.

It would be great if you could help.
Or anybody 🖐
I actually managed to find that strain (that I was talking about earlier), it was lost somewhere in my notes.

Ok, so this was a 2020 Indian Landrace Exchange accession from Pakistan. It was from the farmer Mir Irshad Raisani who is from Kanak, Balochistan (just South West of Quetta). In that season they had 4 different strains from that farmer and the one that was 'ominous' was the 4th one.
Here's a part of the description: "The seeds of this selection #4 come from a strongly branched plant of 2.5-3 meters high, with high production of flowers and resins. Its broad leaves turn red with the ripening. Long and heavy colas that doesn't require support. Cosmetic and perfumey like smells. Extremely heavy head high, heart racing, feeling of impending doom".
You might want to search for names like "Balochistan 2020 selection #4" or something similar.

It is sold out by now, most probably, so what you want to do is maybe look for people that grew this and made seeds. That would be my best bet.

P.S. Feel free to come back here and let us know if you find anything that resembles what you are looking for!

Verdant Whisperer

@Perdido Pakistan landrace seeds has heard of Mir Irshad Raisani, he said he lives in Masfung Ab Ni Ha, he isnt crazy about his genetics, but i can understand why with impending doom as an effects, so he is probably the guy for sure. Maybe PLS can help you out if your really trying to get ahold of it.

Last edited: