What's new

Old School White Widow

Rastafarout

Premium user
And yet their stock sucks mostly. They fuck everything up to try to have a monopoly, but they can't work with it properly. Not sure, why they do it, I mean they don't breed with it anyway.
They playing the long game …storing it all in cryogenic facility in Switzerland..theres a YouTube vid of him showing it off .. not sure if it’s still viewable
It’s Greed in its worst form, I mean how rich is he already …
To actually go and see how badly these people need water , power, medication ect
Then to still lie rob and cheat them
What kind !
I mean he could have left the genetics isolated .. built them needed stuff boreholes ect .. win win all round

The other thing is some of those stolen genetics could be extremely valuable , but they stored away ,
And the original genetics in situ lost , to everyone else

Raco

secretion engineer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
@Mustafunk wrote:

"Actually it was the same with ALL dutch seed banks, because around 2000 the dutch laws changed and banned outdoor big scale growing. There were police raids everywhere and everyone lost most parent plants. This is not a rumour, its an historical fact. Similar thing happend later in Switzerland around 2003. When people start getting greedy and draw too much attention, sometimes shit happens.

Anyway this forced companies to move into closet-breeding and outsourcing seed production (from Spain for example), as opposed to the huge scale outdoor breeding operations that were dominating the dutch scene in the 80s and early 90s. That's the reason why the pre-2000 thing appeared among growers, as probably that issue changed the strains for ever. Also that's why Mr Nice moved their operations to Switzerland until Shanti was raided.

On the other hand, I doubt Ben Dronkers ever had the best parent plants from Nevil as A5 Haze, C5 Haze, Haze BC, G13Haze, NL#5, Haze C, Haze A and so on... at least Nevil himself said a few times that when he sold the Castle, there were only leftovers there. But I guess we won't ever know the truth or which parents are companies using. What's obvious is that plants have changed.

Same with Mr Nice though... after Shanti's raid, for years their seeds were produced in Spain by a grow-shop pioneer called Karulo, who used to host Shantibaba and his family during his trips to Spain. He was even telling his friends how he produced them, pollinating all the females with the same male. Wonder about many grower's dissapointments after growing modern stocks from Sensi and Mr Nice...

For those looking for the legendary dutch genetics from the 90s, buying modern seeds from classic seedbanks will be a waste of time and money in my opinion. Better try to find a nice old clone or underground breeders working with those. You don't really know what to expect with big seed companies nowadays, they will tell you what you want to hear in order to sell seeds."

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
"Same with Mr Nice though... after Shanti's raid, for years their seeds were produced in Spain by a grow-shop pioneer called Karulo, who used to host Shantibaba and his family during his trips to Spain. He was even telling his friends how he produced them, pollinating all the females with the same male. Wonder about many grower's dissapointments after growing modern stocks from Sensi and Mr Nice...

For those looking for the legendary dutch genetics from the 90s, buying modern seeds from classic seedbanks will be a waste of time and money in my opinion. Better try to find a nice old clone or underground breeders working with those. You don't really know what to expect with big seed companies nowadays, they will tell you what you want to hear in order to sell seeds."

the truth

but it is not only white widow. it is their hazes.. it is durban... it is skunk#1 ... it is not what it used to be...

goingrey

You'd think the word about these scam artist subcontractors would have got back to Shanti and Dronkers some time during the last 20 years since everyone on the forums has heard the stories time and time again and they could have found more trustworthy partners and/or started doing some QC.

kro-magnon

Veteran
Honestly Sensi Seeds for many years did the strict minimum to stay in business but with their catalogue full of famous names they have been able to sell huge quantities of average seeds for a long time.
It looks like they have waken up a few years ago when they finally added some new crosses and recently they have contracted famous breeders like Sherbinsky and Humboldt seeds to make new strains. The genetic make-up sounds incredibly fake in most of their new offerings, that's even funny to see what they write.
I've seen a few buds grown by local growers of 2/3 new strains and that's generic hybrids without real personality, not bad but nothing special.

kro-magnon

Veteran
That's a good advice, some passionate growers have kept old lines in pure form alive but it's not easy to access those type of seeds producers compared to the giants of this industry.
I'd really like some feedback from those who have grown Old School Genetics White Widow seeds

maryjaneismyfre

Veteran
That's a good advice, some passionate growers have kept old lines in pure form alive but it's not easy to access those type of seeds producers compared to the giants of this industry.
I'd really like some feedback from those who have grown Old School Genetics White Widow seeds
I've grown them and I'd have to agree they are s1 off an old good indica leaning sensi widow, true to form as far as an old widow went, but with the slight s1 variation. Pics of the different OSG widow gals below.. OSG cheese was also superb, cheese terps are recessive if you've ever bred with it, though some were a bit cheesy but it's crossed with the old widow and as we know the old widow was an exceptional breeding plant, as was old skunk (as is cheese) so the combo of exceptional old skunk, and old widow is an absolute fuckin winner.

1715027780971.png

1715027822095.png

1715028024290.png

1715028096364.png

1715028127109.png

Yeah we were growing frosty widow like this in the late 90's early 2000's, looks just like I remember it, leaf edging the same resin rails and same shape of leaf edging I remember and same darker green shiny leaves. Yup, I do not doubt OSG's claim at all that it is S1 of and old 90s widow cut. I cannot remember the terps off these few widow test plants, as I had a few hundred plants from seed in that round LOL I didnt get to smoke 1/10 of them...I did smoke one or two and was strong as F and I remember it brought back memories so couldnt have been too far off but I can't recall much, I had to go through a lot of plants hahaha..

Last edited:

maryjaneismyfre

Veteran
Pics below of the OSG cheese, which is Cheese x old 90s widow.. These were skunky, and sweet and fruity, but delectable and loud..I find the widow often outcrosses to make really fruity stuff, but isn't too fruity on its own..This plant made monster colas..

1715028456324.png

At 4 weeks..and below done at 8 weeks.

1715028516884.png

kro-magnon

Veteran
@maryjaneismyfre Thank you for your feedback and I totally agree those plants look like the good old girls I knew back then, the Cheese hybrid is a real eye catcher. I might give a go at those seeds they should be worthy of a spot in my grow.
My grow op is much more modest than yours so I have to select carefully what I grow(I still pop hazardous seeds when I feel curious)

strain_hunter

What an interesting thread.
In my region between 1997 and 2004 there was only white widow to buy from my sources, when you wanted to smoke some weed.
I smoked it at that time nearly every day with my friends.
Liked the laughs and fun at the basketball court and nice social evenings. What we didn’t like were the munchies, paranoia while going out and bad short time memory.
Later I grew Mr Nice, Barneys and Mandala and Mandala was so amazing. I never thought of effects like that. The other seeds from Mr. Nice and Barneys Farm were boring, like everything I ever smoked in all these coffee shops at that time in the netherlands.
I think white widow was nothing special at that time and today I wouldn’t smoke it again.

Marz

Stray Cat
420club
What irmao Marz bought and is growing is this

The question is what is the WW they made the S1 from.
They say this

The according to legend part should be remarked, everything is legend in the canna world
The only thing I can say about this legendary S1 weed is it doesnt look like a Kerala sativa crossed to some other legendary sativa supposedly collected in Brazil and I would be very interested to know what kind of imaginative legend are you guys calling brazilian sativa

This is an interesting article about brazilian producers, I am sorry, it is in portughese, use your translators. It is a very good article worth the read for anyone interested in the subject

@Marz
Can you ask the musicians what were they smoking in the 80s?
Do you know these guys? If you do, can you ask them what was the weed in the streets of Rio and Sao Paulo by the time of this concert?

There is a guy caled Ingemar claiming he is the one who made white widow
I handled a lot of charas in my life. I never saw a seed in my charas. I never saw a seed in hash
But this is what Ingemar is claiming

Hey @funkyhorse
The real deal guys are all dead or too rich to be accessed.. most are dead, people like the drummer Gigante Brazil and Bocato from Itamar Assunção's Isca de Policia, the greatest macoñero of all times, Tim Maia...
But it's a great idea, tey to contact the remaining ones, write a book about it... João Gordo from Ratos de Porao could be the first one, he has a vegan restaurant up in SP...
A really great idea to think about, even talk to Gilberto Gil or Herbert from Paralamas, would be fantastic, there are some ways to go, thank you for this.. food for thought

Ingemar story is jokeable, least to say

To the forced question about W.W.'s genetics, Ingemar replied: "Well... that of course is a secret! I can tell you that it is from two seeds that were bred and stabilized for 6 years before being crossed and presented in 1987, The seeds with which WW was created came from a piece of charas."

The early 2000 WW was like that, they say Kerala x Manga Rosa, who knows? But this was a good shit, first cerebral than relaxing body, but I'm afraid my actual WW from RQS won't perform like this, not old school

Most of these guys don't know the differences between Mexico and Brazil, Afghanistan or India... In the end, Buenos Aires is the Brazilian capital, right?

Arjan and Franco traveled a lot and they got the registers in Strain Hunters. Like it or not, says that both are not breeders just marketing guys don't look fair. Both made hell more than these ICMAG bullshitters.

I'm getting obsessed with MangaRosa - Cabeça de Nego. I may be getting close.

Marz

Stray Cat
420club
I don't know about the EU but you can not trademark anything cannabis related in the United States. I looked into it years ago.

So that guy can claim he owns the name all he wants but he has no recourse legally to stop anyone else from using the name. There's also like 100 different outfits selling White Widow so why isn't he suing them or sending out Cease and Desist letters?

I'm not trying to argue with you and I know you were not the one saying some guy owned the name. I just felt compelled to reply to that initial post as there is so much misinformation floating around the cannabis world. Just like the stories about where this or that strain originated. If you read those threads there's always at least three different stories. Most are just fairy tales as nobody today really knows the truth about hardly any of it. Yet you still have the hard core believers despite their information coming only from some post they read online from a stranger.
You are a bit stupid, but I'll explain, I didn't say he has a patent, where did I say that?
Can you point where I said he has patent on a strain name? Are u fuckin retarded?

There was GHS and its two partners who sold WW. They split up and one kept the name, Arjan, so he owed the name. The other, to create a distinction, created another name. Between the first great WW sellers, Arjan owed the name. There was not 2000 seedbanks replicating strains at that time. Today, people create new strain names instead of stealing the ones created by other people.

If you want to call your mother WW, that's your problem.

There are so many stupid people on this forum, you have to explain everything, fuck off.

Last edited:

Marz

Stray Cat
420club
I always doubted the lineage of White Widow alleged Brazilian sativa (probably "Manga rosa"). White widow looks like a pure indica, if it has any Brazilian genetics in it it must be minimal quantity as this Brazilian sativa has an extremely thin leaf and giant internodes.
Because you don't know the old school one.

Old school had thinner leaves. Distance of internodes means nothing, maybe you should just get your plants close to the light.

And breeding. Learn about genetic pool and how can you choose traits to do what you want to do.

Last edited:

Marz

Stray Cat
420club
Lemme explain in simple terms for children with understanding issues:

I own a Volkswagen.
I have no patent of my Volkswagen.

Marz

Stray Cat
420club
Learn a word @xtsho
You really should

Marz

Stray Cat
420club
Between a reputable breeder or anonymous people that never had grown the strain, stick with the breeder. In the end whothafuck are you to say they dont know their work, an anonymous avatar in a forum? An alcoholic who believes in big corporate media spreading reefer madness? A person living in a huge country and never ever had smoked its landraces? The most nonsense thing in this thread is the affirmation that WW is an Afghani because of a trait. Shut ICMAG down and go learn the basics about Mendel.

Screenshot_20240511_015538_Chrome.jpg

funkyhorse

The real deal guys are all dead or too rich to be accessed.. most are dead, people like the drummer Gigante Brazil and Bocato from Itamar Assunção's Isca de Policia, the greatest macoñero of all times, Tim Maia...
But it's a great idea, tey to contact the remaining ones, write a book about it... João Gordo from Ratos de Porao could be the first one, he has a vegan restaurant up in SP...
A really great idea to think about, even talk to Gilberto Gil or Herbert from Paralamas, would be fantastic, there are some ways to go, thank you for this.. food for thought
What I can tell you is this
The history of what happened south of your border in the 70s and 80s is gone. The weed sadly is gone too
Juntas killed many people so whoever was a grower burnt all pictures and all evidences that there ever was a canna culture. People are dead. Seeds and strains are gone. There was a war, a real one. It was called dirty war

In Brazil is different, maconha da lata made a huge cultural impact and the people who lived it are still alive and their rememberings are very valuable, and better now before it is too late. If you have access to those people it is an amazing interesting document

I never heard of this myth called Manga Rosa in the 80s
Have you ever seen this Manga Rosa in the streets? Or this Cabeça de Nego? Have you ever seen any of all these fabled landrace seedlines from the cannaworld coming from Brazil being sold in the streets of Brazil?
Have you seen police catching tonnes of Manga Rosa? Do you have some link to show those fabled Manga Rosa tonnes?
I grew Cabeça de Nego F2 and is indica bullshit, cant compete with paraguayan weed

Marz

Stray Cat
420club
The history of what happened south of your border in the 70s and 80s is gone. The weed sadly is gone too
Juntas killed many people so whoever was a grower burnt all pictures and all evidences that there ever was a canna culture. People are dead. Seeds and strains are gone. There was a war, a real one. It was called dirty war

In Brazil is different, maconha da lata made a huge cultural impact and the people who lived it are still alive and their rememberings are very valuable, and better now before it is too late. If you have access to those people it is an amazing interesting document

Have you ever seen this Manga Rosa in the streets? Or this Cabeça de Nego? Have you ever seen any of all these fabled landrace seedlines from the cannaworld coming from Brazil being sold in the streets of Brazil?
Have you seen police catching tonnes of Manga Rosa? Do you have some link to show those fabled Manga Rosa tonnes?
I grew Cabeça de Nego F2 and is indica bullshit, cant compete with paraguayan weed
Jesus
What you think they grow in Pernambuco, you left the link to Poligono da Maconha, what you imagine they're growing there, White Widow, Ace seeds from Dubi? Where do you think the Paraguayan weed came from, California?
You should starting read the links you provided, cause you are not.

Cannabis here always had a name: Maconha. No one never ever has distinguished by fancy names like you and forum lions used to do.

Where do you think that Colombian strains came from, USA seedbanks? Do you ever had read a book about slavery in South America, how it began, from where the slaves passed for 400 years before reaching the pacific coast?

I give you a book name to start to diminish your ignorance: O Trato do Viventes from Luis Felipe de Alencastro. Start there, you'll have a lot of hints, not bullshit you copy and paste from internet.

All you know is this afghani from the lata, this just had a importance because of the drought in the northeast in the 1980s and there was nothing to smoke here, as practically all cannabis came from there. There were 7 years without rain between Bahia and Pernambuco, from 1977 to 1985, and if there was a normal flow, nobody would care about this cannabis shit from lata.

Once again, as long as you think like a gringo forum kid, looking for material on the internet about the 80s in Brazil, you will continue to ask ridiculous and meaningless questions.

Se você quiser sementes de Manga Rosa, fica de olho, estão chegando algumas direto da fonte, não dessas merdas hibridas que vc compra no TLT e acha que são de verdade.

Marz

Stray Cat
420club

Outra coisa, se você é um cara limitado que nunca saiu do eixo Argentina Uruguay, problema seu.
A maconha daqui só começou a vir do PAraguay nos ultimos 10 anos. Nunca ouviu falar porque você deve ser meio cabação metido a esperto, não é problema meu que vc não sabe de porra nenhuma.

Latest posts

Latest posts