What's new

Nutrient for stronger stems?

DARKSIDER

Official Seed Tester
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Silica space temperature the usual get rid of weak branches am guessing the list could be endless waiting for more to come along and add to your question should be interesting goingrey :good:

DARKSIDER

Official Seed Tester
ICMag Donor
Veteran
i think liquid silicone is soluble silica i use the one above but think they are similar to be honest but thats just my opinion plenty more out there :good:

mudballs

Silica discuss is my kryptonite...plant only uptakes 0.05% of its mass in Si...it's what's called a non-accumulator...but i digress
Nutrient for stronger stems?
Biosynthesis of lignin
What is lignin
We want a nute scheme that pushes the plant to produce more lignin....not so much cellulose as much as lignin...so i just now found this, so anybody that catches what increased NPK ratio will support increased lignin production beats me to it

GenghisKush

Sorry I don't understand what you mean, precipitation?
I have had issues with silica "coming out of solution" as pH of nutrient solution rises, which has (for me) caused clogged emitters. I no longer add extra silicon to my nutrient solution. Instead I amend my media with DE or Wollastonite. Rice hulls work too. Check out this article.

mountainoutlaw

The RAW line from NPK industries does not clog emitters or sprayers or bounce.ph. Not all silica is the same. It sure helps me in early veg, mandatory.
A fan set around . medium and shaking the little stems helps too.

Lower lighting height helps as well.

Last edited: