What's new

Nutrient burn- deficiency dilemma

LostINgreen

my chocolate skunk has been given 1/2 rec. dose of flora trio fertiliser.
watered with pHed next time.now I see bottom pair of leaves started yellowing, but upper ones clawing (nutrient burn).
how am I suppose to treat girls in this situation?
thank you.

FletchF.Fletch

420club
What measure per liter or gallon are you using? The bottle directions for mixing are ridiculously strong and should be adjusted downward. The medium you're growing in will factor into how strong you can mix the nutes. Measuring EC is the best way to pinpoint nutrient solution strength. Like everything else, the prices for meters has gone up but you can pick up a decent one that can last for years for €25/$30.

Measuring the ph and EC of your runoff (the water that comes out of the bottoms of your pots/cubes/hempy buckets etc. when you irrigate) can tell you a lot about whether you're giving too much or too little nutrients. Ideally, runoff output should be very close to your nutrient solution input in Hydro and Coco. With soil it's a bit different since nutrient is usually alternated with plain water. In the case of soil, measuring runoff tells you if you've accumulated too much nutrients in the pots.

Best of Luck and Happy Growing!!

blondie

If you could jpegs will help immensely. Clawing leaves could also be from over watering. I just went through bottom leaves yellowing. I’m not sure exactly what it was, but after adding some nitrogen, epsoms salt, and a balanced nutrient, yellowing stopped.

LostINgreen

If you could jpegs will help immensely. Clawing leaves could also be from over watering. I just went through bottom leaves yellowing. I’m not sure exactly what it was, but after adding some nitrogen, epsoms salt, and a balanced nutrient, yellowing stopped.
I suppose this is not over watering.because it claws down strictly like when overdosing.

Attachments

• 20220727_210450.jpg
    20220727_210450.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 83
  • 20220727_210500.jpg
    20220727_210500.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 75

Three Berries

Nute burn starts on new growth. Mobile nute deficiencies start on lower leaves.

The soils I've been using, Fox Farm HF & OF and Pro Mix, all end up with a low pH in the lower 5s even with minimal nutes. So I'm treating low pH with buffered water not just pHed.

Using MgCO3 as a pH down, compared to KHCO3 , the ppm count is much lower. KCO3 may do the same too. But overdosing the water with it (3gr per gal) really raises the pH (~9.7). When the CO3- scarfs up the H+s, but most is not in ionic form, will settle out and stick around for the neutralization. About a 1/4 gram MgCO3 (~30ppm) will dissolve in my low ppm rain water.

If your runoff is in the 5s then it's even lower in the soil. pH water to 7.0 will barely phase it. My well water is 7.4 with carbonates. I've tried mixing with rain and well. Rain only, Well only back in the day. May go back to that.

LostINgreen

Nute burn starts on new growth. Mobile nute deficiencies start on lower leaves.

The soils I've been using, Fox Farm HF & OF and Pro Mix, all end up with a low pH in the lower 5s even with minimal nutes. So I'm treating low pH with buffered water not just pHed.

Using MgCO3 as a pH down, compared to KHCO3 , the ppm count is much lower. KCO3 may do the same too. But overdosing the water with it (3gr per gal) really raises the pH (~9.7). When the CO3- scarfs up the H+s, but most is not in ionic form, will settle out and stick around for the neutralization. About a 1/4 gram MgCO3 (~30ppm) will dissolve in my low ppm rain water.

If your runoff is in the 5s then it's even lower in the soil. pH water to 7.0 will barely phase it. My well water is 7.4 with carbonates. I've tried mixing with rain and well. Rain only, Well only back in the day. May go back to that.
I'm cumming....😀
my ph is 6.5 at runoff

Latest posts

Latest posts