What's new

Not really "SIDE BY SIDE" but this has been like 15 years in the making. the clear pots argument hopefully settled once and for all.

PoweredByLove

Most Loved
dunno who i was talking to or arguing with... grab a number and get in line right?
but whoever you are and wherever you are now... here you go.
clear containers dont have any negative impact on root development. all these algae theories you were swirling about suffocated rooots...
literally the only thing that has ever happened in all my years is that the container grows a green/dark colored film on the inside. essentially eventually shielding the roots from light anyway. also...as i've always maintained. most roots are in the mittle with the dirt....the amount of roots hitting the outer wall are NEGLIGIBLE AF.

View media item 18716791
View media item 18716790
View media item 18716789
View media item 18716798
View media item 18716797
this plant was in this setup for damn near a whole year waiting on me to do something with it.
ill be back later to give you the original picture when i put it in that little nursery seedling pot.

View media item 18716799according to the timestamp i put that in there to root sometime in january. and i took it out of the clear container in september. wasn't in the container the entire time...but you get the idea.

the one with the whorled phyllotaxy is my chi town. it doesnt make 3 buds per branch or anything but they pass on a "branchy" trait.

Last edited:

rolandomota

Veteran
It's a problem outside when it's hot getting direct sun heating the soil it can be a problem with fried roots other than that it aint a problem at all. I use the clear gallon freezer bags as containers often

foomar

Luddite
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Same with bubble cloners , no difference if clear or black in rooting time or size of roots.
Bit of algae sometimes does not seem to have been a problem.

Orchids are he only plant i grow that benefits from clear pots and a bit of light on the roots.

couchlockd

I dunno about this post. Roots actually look to go to outside of container.

Thsts the reason behind multiple transplants as plant grows instead of going straight into say 5g oots from root cube.

The up potting creates a much bigger root system.

Also, the light isn't really a myth, Roots don't like direct light

Latest posts

Latest posts