What's new

Not much on Dane Strains autos

BakedApe

Last few days I've read through the 2021, 2022 and 2023 outdoor threads, but I didnt see much mentioning of Dane Drains?

How do they compare the rest of the strains you guys are growing, perhaps especially on mold?

Are they mentionable inferior, or just not "a thing", for whatever reason?

BakedApe

Mostly out of curiosity on my part as well, as they've been in the game for a long time, and a lot of seedbanks sell their seeds (and I have a few packs laying) , but there is very little written about them in the forums. 🤷‍♂️

Tankas Nepal and a couple of HFH strains worked very well for me @60N over 10 years ago.. a few years ago I had success with Thai Passion and Pandora, but from the latest outdoor threads, it seems there have been som great development just over the last few years... seems like we're missing a dedicated strain thread for everything that has happened after the era of oldschool danish outdoor?

And what happened to HFH btw?

BakedApe

Their site went down a couple of years ago, and the seedbanks still selling them, only have a few strains, and of low stock it seems, being sold out off and on.. makes me suspect other people keeping the strains alive and supplying the seedbanks... ? 🤔

Parameter

Their site went down a couple of years ago, and the seedbanks still selling them, only have a few strains, and of low stock it seems, being sold out off and on.. makes me suspect other people keeping the strains alive and supplying the seedbanks... ? 🤔
Esbe is the guy behind HFH is active here on ICMAG and his site is down as you said but Esbe is still active and his seeds is still selling on other sites.

I have only heard good things about Danes auto. Especially the strain that is called something with “pineapple”. I’ve never planted them myself but I’ve heard from a couple of people that I know.

On the 60N (I’m also there) I would recommend offthehooks early strains. I’ve planted both HFH and Offthehooks earlys and I’m more satisfied with offthehooks earlys. You can find pictures from offthehooks plant in the Swedish thread. I’ve recently posted some. Even pictures on the buds.

northstate123

I'm growing lat 62 Finland. Used to grow a lot of Danish earlys/crosses with Danish early genetics. There's variety in genetics and most are bit too late for here 62. We did cross a lot Danish earlys in Finland to something earlier and also did plant selection. So there's also change that @offthehook earlys have some Danish genetics involded, but maybe he can tell better himself.

For my experience most of the Danish early genetics were good and mold resistant, just a bit late here in 62.

Also @XLNordic is making repros of some old danish lines, but i guess he can tell more about his plans and how is the danish od growing scene nowadays.

Persianfarmer

I'm growing lat 62 Finland. Used to grow a lot of Danish earlys/crosses with Danish early genetics. There's variety in genetics and most are bit too late for here 62. We did cross a lot Danish earlys in Finland to something earlier and also did plant selection. So there's also change that @offthehook earlys have some Danish genetics involded, but maybe he can tell better himself.

For my experience most of the Danish early genetics were good and mold resistant, just a bit late here in 62.

Also @XLNordic is making repros of some old danish lines, but i guess he can tell more about his plans and how is the danish od growing scene nowadays.
Thanks for the post! Since usually in colder climates you will find Indicas, because of their higher acclamation to cold, was wondering do you have pure Sativas over there. And what are the landraces over, their characteristics and terpene wise?

Parameter

Thanks for the post! Since usually in colder climates you will find Indicas, because of their higher acclamation to cold, was wondering do you have pure Sativas over there. And what are the landraces over, their characteristics and terpene wise?

It’s difficult to say if it’s sativa or indica because everything is crossed for long time. I suspect there are a lot of genetics from somewhere from the orient since these was the first seeds that hippies brought home to Denmark in 1960-1970 and tried to plant outdoors.

Farsi baladi? 😂

offthehook

Veteran
Last few days I've read through the 2021, 2022 and 2023 outdoor threads, but I didnt see much mentioning of Dane Drains?

How do they compare the rest of the strains you guys are growing, perhaps especially on mold?

Are they mentionable inferior, or just not "a thing", for whatever reason?

There's variety in genetics and most are bit too late for here 62. We did cross a lot Danish earlys in Finland to something earlier and also did plant selection. So there's also change that @offthehook earlys have some Danish genetics involded, but maybe he can tell better himself.

Original Royal Dane (Early) was a mold disaster for me, fluffy budding pattern, and not too potent either. (Also from others of who I know of could make the same statement @Parameter )
Came to ditch the whole strain as it was, but managed at making it better mold resistant by crossing it out to my very mold resistant Diesel Ryder from back then. (Quit doing the Diesel Ryder meanwhile, because I got bored with it)
Personally, I could not appreciate the type of high these crosses would be producing, so I came to ditch the whole project. (Others with who I am no longer in contact with, and who did appreciate the effects, are still continuing the RD x DR Auto version or Super Auto version lines...)
The Diesel Ryder now in it did make it more potent and stony, because the original pure Royal Dane had more of a less potent, predominantly Sativa-ish type of high.

Typhoon (Super Auto/Early), semi good mold resistance, had predominantly Sativa-ish, yet poor and not complete effects for me. > Had to make it better by crossing them out to more complete smoking strains.
It's now heavily diluted, yet still somewhat floating around in the genetic make up of my current (Auto) stock.

Wild Super (Early), originally by @esbe , moved forwards by @BadTicket , excellent mold resistance! Is still somewhat the best of the 3 Danes I ever got to lay my hands on: Excellent vigor, good budding power, nice uplifting/energizing high, and with also some pleasant body comfy to it, but the ones I got could have been more potent. (Probably feno dependent, because I saw BadTicket's last harvested plant from this year having a real good amount of trichs on it.)

Therefore, the original Wild Super I keep on holding on to, and will remain present in my current (Early) breeding stock. > Sometimes when certain strains have become too high in THC, making me go all grumpy and thing, not the kind of feeling I am after, then it's always good to cross em back to the original cat piss smelling Wild Super.

I never grew any of the Danish 'True' Auto varieties, the ones that get done in under 100 days. I've only done the Super Autos and Earlies that'll go from mid to end September when sown in during the first week of May.

I see cannabis veteran @Bald Monkey from Denmark on some other sites having good results with his True Autos.

Last edited:

offthehook

Veteran
There ain't no high THC containing landraces in Finland or Norway. (Don't know about Sweden). At least not by definition of what a landrace actually is. After prohibition kicked in, our traditional hemp stock was removed and never recovered. Attempts to recover the original hemp strain gems did all fail. Instead, we more recently developed low THC strains like Finola and USO31.

Based on my experience with the Peruvian Sativa Auto (very pure Sativa) and the Double Fun Auto (very pure Indica) I never noticed anything like either Sativa or Indica having anything to do with better acclimation to cold. They both adapted equally well and in about a similar time span.

Parameter already answered your question.
Because it is nowadays pretty much all mixed up, it has become mostly a matter of 'Sativa leaning' or 'Indica leaning' in effect. The grow pattern of the plant does not necessarily have to represent the type of high one would expect from either Indica or Sativa looking plants. >Wide leaf, dense budded plants, normally representing an Indica effect, can nowadays result in having a Sativa effect as well.
Narrow leaf, airy Sativa looking plants can be Indica stony in effect.

Last edited:

offthehook

Veteran
I sure know how that feels, but there is only so and so many strains that we can actually keep alive with the handful of us. > Most people grow for sinsi, never bother making their own seeds, so that's how lines get lost.

Happens all the time...

They've been gradually bred-in/replaced with better performing strains that no one talks about yet.

The Danes did have their time back then, but that's how evolution works just.

They've been boiled in with the soup that we have now.

We could not have gotten where we are now without the Danes.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts