What's new

No-Till thread?

Lapides

Rosin Junky and Certified Worm Wrangler
Veteran
Water only in my garden.

Team Microbe - Do you know why the tips of your fan leaves are burnt?

who dat is

Cave Dweller
Veteran
Exactly :laughing:

Which makes a great point, and that is the fact that just because one recommends a product, it doesn't mean that they're making money from it. Sometimes products are so good you have to tell people :huggg:

https://www.purehimalayanshilajit.com Here is a standard link to this product page

https://www.purehimalayanshilajit.com/?url=16 Here is your affiliate link which is trackable and which you make money from.

See the difference?

Repost from the side by side thread.

I have to admit that I'm a little disappointed in you Team Microbe.

It appears that this isn't as much a side by side experiment thread as an underhanded attempt at sponsored content.

@plant_n_prosper if anybody is interested.

Not trying to break the shit crust on this one just pointing things out.

Hey. You guys mind knocking off this elementary school pissing contest in my thread please? Get back to sharing knowledge and personal experiences and enough of this annoying back and forth bullshit please.

And thank you.

chilliwilli

Waterboy
Hi folks
I have everything together for my first notill mix except the shrimp and gypsum.
Can i add these 2 as a topdressing? Couldn't wait so i mixed what i had together.

My mix is

36l riedlingsdorfer schwarzerde(terra preta based soil, 25% charcoal)
30l dna coco with cork
20l basalt gravel
2 kg biovin(composted grape marc, 70% humic acid, npk 4-1,5-3)
1 kg bodengold (fermented chickenpoo, elder marc, biochar, cornhusk, basalt flour pelletised, npk 1,8-0,7-1,4)
2 cup ccmore crunchy kelp
2 cup neem-vital(neem cake)
2 cup neudorf urgesteinsmehl(diabas flour)
2 cup zeobas (basalt flour with 20% zeolith)
2 cup bio furtner urgesteinsmehl (rock flour not specified)
3 cup ccmore fine oyster shell
200g sheepwool as mulch

One downside is that the soil is not organic, the charcoal is treated with phosphoric acid and ammonium sulfate before composting. But it looked amazing in the bag, like fresh worm casting. The company has an english promo on youtube, search for "sonnenerde english new". They don't talk about the precharge at the video but on their homepage and when you phone them.

Mikell

Dipshit Know-Nothing
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Sorry lovesponge, I'll drag it elsewhere.

And also, The Man Has Had Enough. Is that a J-Lo reference? I'm not hip to the kids.

Now I'll drag it elsewhere hehe.

Team Microbe

Veteran
Water only in my garden.

Team Microbe - Do you know why the tips of your fan leaves are burnt?

I'm guessing it's because I let my containers get too dry, and the microbe die-off burned the plant due to too many nutrients being available at one given time

Oh Mikell, I don't mean you at all. XD You're not in that contest. I'm actually glad to see you post here as well! Another frequent face and font of knowledge in most of the threads I've read here over the years is more than welcome to post. I just want respect up in hyuh. Gnome sayin?

You're all gravy, baby.

I personally think it's kinda silly. As it comes in a plastic bag, was mined or harvested or whatever ya call it.. Far far away and shipped to somewhere near you... And sat in sealed plastic bag for who knows how long.

I'm a huge proponent of DIY home worm farmin. I seriously think "homemade" worm castings (starting with amended, nutrient cycled, thermo compost) is the single most important aspect of organic long term no till container growing.

I bought some ancient forest humus once. Looks like something I could dig up and source locally, if I needed to.

My 2c

Do you keep worms and "make" your own vermicompost? If not you should start. I started with a pound of worms about four years ago and a worm farm 360 (not the best way) and have produced lots of vermicompost over a few years. I do static bins in large smartpots and now have a ton of worms. The key is to keep moist (in an arid climate like mine) and keep expanding.

Team Microbe

Veteran
I usually just toss a handful or two of worms into each container I have and they produce fresh ewc on site and leave them where they're meant to be, all while eliminating the need for the 2'x2' footprint my Worm Inn required from me. Not a big deal for some, but for others this is big.

After a while the entire container will theoretically turn over into castings, and then I like to use that for the humus portion of a new mix 3x the size of the original. So 200 gallons of soil will turn into 200 gallons of enzyme-rich humus, and that will create 600 gallons total. Talk about sustainability!!