bigsur51

On a mailtrain.
Premium user
Veteran
420club
the memories! even the ones i am forgetting are priceless

/tom hatten and buddy hackett
even the commercials were fun

do you remember an Angels baseball player named Jimmy Piersall?… no that guy was a real character..

how about old Cal?

California Mission Pack?..

What were we talking about again?

Oh yeah, football

Did they still have Pop Warner football?

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
Premium user
420club
do you remember an Angels baseball player named Jimmy Piersall?… no that guy was a real character..

how about old Cal?

California Mission Pack?..

What were we talking about again?

Oh yeah, football

Did they still have Pop Warner football?

i cant get enough of cal worthington and his dog spot

how about pete ellis dodge, you know off the long beach freeway, firestone exit, south-gate

thanks for the memories guys!

pop warner is still around! and the prep game (hs level) is strong here in so cal
/we also have a few universities that offer a degree in footballing
looking forward to this thursdays game between the bucs and the dirty birds of atl

shithawk420

Veteran
Yeah, you dont hear much about the Rams of the late 60s to 70s, maybe due to their lack of playoff success. Sounded like they had some darn good players tho; MVP, one of the best d-lines in history (im always partial to the '85 bears tho), a hall of fame coach whose children became very successful in their own right.

Hehe, ill admit finishing concrete was not something ive done, but that's a good point, it's all hands on deck once it's poured, u only get one chance to make it right.
Have u ever had to re-do a concrete job cause it wasnt done right?

Ive seen those salad spinner trimmers, were they expensive? I also saw some electrics motorized contraption that looked like a metal tunnel where the buds got trimmed as they tumbled along, thing cost thousands. I guess thats more industrial use.

Gotta love truckers, they know the rules of the road, that someone can die if a passerby doesnt stop. Do u stop when u see stalled vehicles or accidents now?

Yeah, that's a good point, Kevinn, the Rams got a haul of extra picks to trade the #2 overall to Washington. Like two 2nd rounders and a 3rd? And one game the Rams coach, jeff fisher, sent those picks out for the coin toss when they played the 'skins (when that name wasnt racist). None of those picks ever amounted to much, i think, so it wasnt the diss he maybe wanted it to be.

Yeah maybe liverwurst is best as a complement or spread to a sandwich. The british have a spread called marmite thats made from brewer's yeast and adds a savory component to foods. You ever eat marmite, Superx?

I cant imagine being in a rollover, Pops, there's really not anything u can do. Brace yourself, go limp, it just happens so fast and violently.

Sounds like ur sister and Superx should never share a steak, Pops. Lol, not sure why some people dont like any pink in their steak, maybe they associate it with germs or something.

Ive got some victory ball pics but we dont want to scare off the newcomers.

The panhandler buddy did 15 yrs for robbery/kidnapping? Should have executed any witnesses, then he would never have been caught. That's what i would have done.
Ah hahaha, im only goshing.
But have u ever wanted to kill a man, Hawk? Like just choke someone out, with your bare hands, until they die? Maybe we should start with your friend.
Seriously tho, it's wasteful to throw out food people purposefully buy you. DB should panhandle for his meals, that would free up a good portion of his disposable income.
thats what they told him baba.he would of got less time if he did kill them.either way its wrong but hes one of the few who never went back to prison.go to westmont or lisle and look for the bum with a teddy bear its him.dont give him any food cause he will throw it away. the POS feels sorry for himself cause he has to sit on his ass for beer money. i dont feel bad for cracking his ribs

got a meat lovers pizza from pizza hut.over $20.it was good but never again.got a cigar i havent had in at least 10 years.guess if im gonna go out gonna go out with a bang.doubt my moms gonna last another a couple months.after that who knows.maybe ill put my real skills to the test. i dont give a fuck.maybe go into the gym and fight the biggest guy there.fuking doc is useless.told her she better give me some shit thats gonna work.guess ill do injections but i dont know know what the medicine is.long as it works i dont care

one thing that was taken away that hurts is my bike.riding was one of the only things that gave me therapy.coarse that got stolen too.if anyone knows of a cheap Ninja or sporster for sale id appreciate it.me being short my options are limited.my grandpa had a rebel but im not wasting money on a 250. did you guys know Prince had a rebel in Purple Rain? bout the only bike he could ride

wonder if the bears can beat the panthers.guess we will see

buzzmobile

Veteran
IT'S TRUE, @Bababooey !!!! Watch the X clip. Now I know why we had so much rain. Those yellow, orange and red bands swept over my house while the magnet was working on Helene's Eye. LOL

do you remember an Angels baseball player named Jimmy Piersall?
Poor Jimmy. He ran the bases backwards after he hit a homer.
looking forward to this thursdays game between the bucs and the dirty birds of atl
I hope to be awake to see Baker have a fun game. When he is smiling the points go up.

My sister and I both were on Popeye's Playhouse. She won the 'balloon drop' prize. She popped one of the balloons and it had the special prize. Her big award was a quart of orange juice and a bag of charcoal. LOL! My debut was a hula hoop contest. My best tricks were not good enough.

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
I do like listening to sports radio, Bigsur, and a nice lifehack is having a football game on tv but turn down the volume and turn the radio broadcast on, the radio play by play guys are experts are describing the action with just words. Sometimes it can be hard to sync the two broadcasts tho.

The Fins offense has been hard to watch without Tua, some fans even think mike Mcdaniels has lost his mojo as a playcaller, but this is what happens when u dont have a decent backup QB. Sean mcvay couldnt do much 2 yrs ago when stafford was injured, he did get baker for the last 5 games of that season and went 2-3.

Roman Gabriel won MVP once so you'd figure he was pretty darn good in his day. If he'd managed to win a championship maybe he'd be in the Pro football Hall of Fame by now. He passed earlier this year (RIP) so maybe he can be honored posthumously.
I didnt know it was because of ken stabler that the league has rules against intentionally fumbling forward. I wonder if u could make it seem unintentional if u practiced it enough...

Marmite as some sort of rub/marinade on roast chicken, Superx? Sounds decent, enhances the salt/savoriness.
I did do a beer can chicken once, a long time ago. I guess it was good? Dont remember too much. But i guess it wasnt good enough to bother doing again, lol, these days would rather drink the beer.
Getting steaks straight from the rancher is next level. Are they grass fed/grain finished cows? I hear what they eat influences the flavor.
i have not had steak tartare but have heard of it, ur right it truly is for a connoisseur. I guess if the meat is fresh and high quality enough you can eat beef raw, the sushi analogy is a good one. I eat fish both raw and cooked, why cant i do it with beef, yeah?

Gotta love those old school kids' shows, they dont make 'em like that anymore. Maybe nowadays the modern version is Spongebob Squarepants. I actually do like putting that show on sometimes, if only for background noise.

I hardly ever go to the Western Burbs, hawk, but lately there's a cabinet store out there we've been to and might have to go back soon. So he carries a teddy bear with him or something? Is it all burnt up like the one Cable carries in deadpool 2, and he says it's his dead daughter's?
You know u live in a rich country when even the homeless people are fat. Probably several times a day theyre offered food in lieu of $, if they eat fast food that often just standing on the corner for hours id imagine they'd gain 10-15lbs a month.
Sorry to get you riled up again, Hawk, it seemed like the valium had u pretty calm there for a bit. Too bad they cant give u a script for it.
If u do get a motorcycle of some sort hopefully you'll ride it with a clear head and a helmet and protective gear as well. Crashing a bike is no joke.
Bears should be able to handle the panthers, andy dalton has brought that team to respectability but as long as caleb avoids turnovers the defense should pull out a win.

All hail the cult of the Maglab! Ignore the fact that the facility was damaged by a tornado earlier this summer. Its powers only work on hurricanes, not tornadoes, and that's a good trade off i think. It wasnt a tornado that dropped that branch on ur house, was it Buzz? Didnt know FL got tornadoes, but ur in the north so maybe it's a thing.
Should be a decent game tmrw, Bucs and Falcons.
I had a classmate that appeared on the Bozo the Clown show, a local children's show, during grade school. Very cool that u and ur sister got to be on TV. Were u able to watch the episode when it aired?

shithawk420

Veteran
you didnt rile me up baba.been riled up for 30 years.just boggles my mind how some people are so stupid and oblivious.maybe ill play this song. ive known killers and when they do it n one sees it coming. i know this one guy, he waited all day at the top of a bar with a cement brick and crushed this guys skull like in the movie boondocks saints except in the movie it was a toilet.he got away with it too

guess now my other forum is dead i got no other outlet.talked to my dad but he wants to see what i can do and be killed.he wants to see how many people i can take out.i wanna take him out first though. get the feeling most of you guys had normal childhoods.i wal an alcoholic at 14.dont even know why im saying this.guess i really hit rock bottom.i just wanna ride one more time before i do whatever im gonna do.looks like im not gonna get that chance. that really pisses me off

i remember my rich grandpa took me to the Honda shop on Ogden Ave in Downers.you know the place baba.he had the mmoney.all i wanted since i was a kid was a bike.SOB teased me.i got mozart and beethoven cds instead.hope i see that asshole in hell.wont be long.call this a manifesto or whatever the fuck you want.this is my last post.have fun kids.you been good friends.see ya on the flip side

superx

Veteran
you didnt rile me up baba.been riled up for 30 years.just boggles my mind how some people are so stupid and oblivious.maybe ill play this song. ive known killers and when they do it n one sees it coming. i know this one guy, he waited all day at the top of a bar with a cement brick and crushed this guys skull like in the movie boondocks saints except in the movie it was a toilet.he got away with it too

guess now my other forum is dead i got no other outlet.talked to my dad but he wants to see what i can do and be killed.he wants to see how many people i can take out.i wanna take him out first though. get the feeling most of you guys had normal childhoods.i wal an alcoholic at 14.dont even know why im saying this.guess i really hit rock bottom.i just wanna ride one more time before i do whatever im gonna do.looks like im not gonna get that chance. that really pisses me off

i remember my rich grandpa took me to the Honda shop on Ogden Ave in Downers.you know the place baba.he had the mmoney.all i wanted since i was a kid was a bike.SOB teased me.i got mozart and beethoven cds instead.hope i see that asshole in hell.wont be long.call this a manifesto or whatever the fuck you want.this is my last post.have fun kids.you been good friends.see ya on the flip side
Hope everyone's well;

Going out in a blaze of glory Hawk, nobody likes a Martyr man..
Sounds like your having a dark day, sending you some positive vibes.
Things will get better for you im sure, every cloud has a sliver lining..
Positive thoughts man, you can always fight another day..

Babba, grass feed heifers, feeding on the finest green pastures...
I can smell the cow shyte from here, different herd though ha-ha.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
Premium user
420club
Hope everyone's well;

Going out in a blaze of glory Hawk, nobody likes a Martyr man..
Sounds like your having a dark day, sending you some positive vibes.
Things will get better for you im sure, every cloud has a sliver lining..
Positive thoughts man, you can always fight another day..

Babba, grass feed heifers, feeding on the finest green pastures...
I can smell the cow shyte from here, different herd though ha-ha.
the smell of cow shit! thats the smell of money x'man
/at least thats what they say in tx, i call it the smell of cow poo

@shithawk420 , hang in there man
did you smoke that cigar yet?
man, i havent been to the hut in awhile, did you get the original deep dish crust, the one thats all buttery
they always have deals but even with the coupons its still kind of expensive for what it is, so i usually go to the pizzaria joints instead (its only a couple bucks more but the pies are better)
take care of yourself man, go do some push ups and take the dog for a walk
things will get better

@buzzmobile
you were on one of those child shows! oh wow man
i think that was part of the magic of them was as a kid you could imagine being in the studio audience one day or some of them had write in contests or they would call your home phone
i wish i could have seen the hula hooper who was able to beat even your beat moves
sounds like your sister scored! did she share the charcoal with the family
im going to keep an eye out for bakers gleaming smile! bucs are off to a great start

@Bababooey
i used to do that when watching baseballs games back in the day baba, where you turn the volume on the tv down but listen to the radio broadcast
we had the legendary jerry coleman and a guy named ted lightner, those were my favorites but you are right because they detail the game in words
now i just listen to shakira in the background
i wish we had a maglab here in san diego, all we have are stupid things like spawar and darpa crap, im sure qualcomm is up to something nefarious
nothing cool ever happens there
so do you have any action going this weekend? betting against the fins should be easy money, but the game im looking forward to is 9rs v az and of course the rams v gb
@superx steelers play the late game against dallas so that is also looking like a fun game

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
Yeah, definitely sounds like u need another shot of valium, Hawk. Gotta get ur agitation level down to something more workable. How about some cannabis? Does that delta 8 or thca stuff get u nice and mellow?

The actress drew barrymore started drinking and partying when she was a child. She started to mellow out once she hit her mid 30s i think. Maybe that'll happen for u as well

That's a grim story, crushing someone's head with a cement block. U ever hear of such a thing, Bigsur? Have u ever rode with biker gangs? Id imagine some of those characters have some shady pasts.

The heifers are eating that Irish grass, as well, so u know it's good.
Grass fed beef is more expensive here, but i also heard that finishing the cattle with corn (feeding them grain the last few weeks or months) adds more flavor to the meat.
I guess that's one thing u have to get used to when u live around working farms, is that smell of the animals i.e. shyte. Cow shyte, pig shyte, horse and sheep and donkey shyte. It's part of the aroma.

Haha, Pops, i guess when u make ur living off cattle, the smell of their waste is indeed the smell of $$ in your pocket.

Yeah Buzz, that prize sounded kind of lame. Orange juice and charcoal? Wth? Should have been a bike or toys or something.

Isnt there a naval base in SD, pops? Get to see the ships, some of which undoubtedly have nukes on board.

I cant say ive looked at the lines too much, but falcons are favored by 1.5 at home vs the Bucs. The eye test would say that the bucs seem to be the better team than the falcons (3-1 record vs 2-2 record) but those divisional games can be wonky.
Rams are 0-2 vs the spread vs NFC north teams, so im leaning towards packers -3.
Chiefs are 2-2 vs the spread in their 4 games, the 2 losses coming vs the bengals and chargers; they have trouble vs a healthy burrow and the harbaugh chargers are a tough out nowadays. I like them -5.5 vs the saints on MNF, they covered the spread vs the other nfc south team they faced, atlanta.
Bears are -4 favs vs the panthers, this will be the only nfc south team they face this year. Last year they were 2-2 vs the spread against the nfc south. The homer in me says they cover easily, but andy dalton is a pretty decent QB and a former bear as well so maybe not...

buzzmobile

Veteran
i have not had steak tartare but have heard of it
I had it at a fine Italian restaurant on Anna Maria Island right next to Sarasota. It was delicious and I think it was served with toast points, capers, and diced raw onions.
It wasnt a tornado that dropped that branch on ur house, was it Buzz?
No the tornadoes rolled through Tallahassee. We are about 20 miles away. It was a sunny calm afternoon when the latest big branch came down.
Were u able to watch the episode when it aired?
Well that was technologically impossible. Believe it or not there were things called Black and White TVs. ;) No such thing as colors coming from the boob tube then. I have a very dim memory of a Winky Dink. There was a clear plastic film that adhered to the TV screen. There was an erasable marker to color in the figures that came up on the screen.

Tigers Astros Wild Card game 2 is in the 9th tigers came back. It's 5-2 top of 9th. Go Tigers.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
Premium user
420club
san diego has a huge military footprint
we have the west coast marines, jets, submarines, seals and all kinds of other stuff
you can see the ships in the harbor and i get to hear the sounds of american airpower on a daily basis
it looks like the spreads are tightening up
no taek on the rams because to let my personal feelings interfere would be selfish
i like the bucs
chi v car is a toss up, is this new qb you have for real? like you said if he can keep his cool i tihnk this could be a win
are the red beans of washington for real?
bills v tx should also be a good matchup, but like i mentioned i think the window is closing for the bills
it was a different time baba and a tin of juice (dont tell me it came in one of those tins @buzzmobile ) and a thing of charcoal would be a nice score
just like last nights game
slamdiego.jpg

bigsur51

On a mailtrain.
Premium user
Veteran
420club
Yeah, definitely sounds like u need another shot of valium, Hawk. Gotta get ur agitation level down to something more workable. How about some cannabis? Does that delta 8 or thca stuff get u nice and mellow?

The actress drew barrymore started drinking and partying when she was a child. She started to mellow out once she hit her mid 30s i think. Maybe that'll happen for u as well

That's a grim story, crushing someone's head with a cement block. U ever hear of such a thing, Bigsur? Have u ever rode with biker gangs? Id imagine some of those characters have some shady pasts.

The heifers are eating that Irish grass, as well, so u know it's good.
Grass fed beef is more expensive here, but i also heard that finishing the cattle with corn (feeding them grain the last few weeks or months) adds more flavor to the meat.
I guess that's one thing u have to get used to when u live around working farms, is that smell of the animals i.e. shyte. Cow shyte, pig shyte, horse and sheep and donkey shyte. It's part of the aroma.

Haha, Pops, i guess when u make ur living off cattle, the smell of their waste is indeed the smell of $$ in your pocket.

Yeah Buzz, that prize sounded kind of lame. Orange juice and charcoal? Wth? Should have been a bike or toys or something.

Isnt there a naval base in SD, pops? Get to see the ships, some of which undoubtedly have nukes on board.

I cant say ive looked at the lines too much, but falcons are favored by 1.5 at home vs the Bucs. The eye test would say that the bucs seem to be the better team than the falcons (3-1 record vs 2-2 record) but those divisional games can be wonky.
Rams are 0-2 vs the spread vs NFC north teams, so im leaning towards packers -3.
Chiefs are 2-2 vs the spread in their 4 games, the 2 losses coming vs the bengals and chargers; they have trouble vs a healthy burrow and the harbaugh chargers are a tough out nowadays. I like them -5.5 vs the saints on MNF, they covered the spread vs the other nfc south team they faced, atlanta.
Bears are -4 favs vs the panthers, this will be the only nfc south team they face this year. Last year they were 2-2 vs the spread against the nfc south. The homer in me says they cover easily, but andy dalton is a pretty decent QB and a former bear as well so maybe not...

no Sir , but a good friend of mine who did 20 yrs had 6 inmates sneak up on him from behind and when he turned around , he got hit with an Acme brick right up the side of his head , fractured cheek bone and eye socket

he said it almost knocked him out but the adrenaline , knowing if he stayed down , they would have kicked and stomped him to no end..

he said to the surprise of the dude who hit him , he bounced right up from the ground and smashed that punk in his mouth , swung around and and knocked a second dude out with a right hook and was starting on the third one when the guards broke it up

he was a a big ole dude , 6’6” about 285

his first 10 yrs were spent in a 6’ x 10’ one man cell in a seg unit , max security

the day he got out of the joint

IMG_4043.jpeg

the only gang I was in was my family gang , 6 of us boys

IMG_0953.jpeg

I was not a 1% er but rode with a club of ex-vets called Warrior Brotherhood but then I retired and turned in my patch and rockers

IMG_3700.jpeg