What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

NFL 2019-2020

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
Premium user
420club
bills just scored and the fins look a little rusty, but the game is just getting started
its not just nakua, the rams are beat up on the o'line and i dont like all these injuries this early in the year
we will see how mcvey plays this at wr, he has tutu, little whitt and r'bson to work with and lets all pray for puka to get better soon
ive heard that before too about the tannins in wine, maybe thats why i avoid it
/i can drink straight fire water all dan and have no problem but a little sour grape juice makes me feel like crap
...fins just score a td to tie it up, so far it looks ike the over is a win but its just getting started

yeah we are now nearing the end of the 2nd half and the bills are running away with this one

holly crap man!
https://www.steakager.com/
that is some next level sh!t
kane clapping.gif

did you take any pics? that sounds cool

G.O. Joe

Veteran
What I have is the "original" from back in the day, which is a plastic box with a fan, racks, and UV light, which you put in the fridge, after assembling it yourself. This was overpriced as well - apparently not enough.

shithawk420

Veteran
i feel something like that would be easy to make. ive seen some DIY biltong boxes that sound just like it. probably the same concept

buzzmobile

Veteran
its going to be a great game tonight
go phins!
That's what I was thinking before it went 17-3.
It's looking a little wet in South FL, Buzz, so maybe the under is the way to go this game. Most people are on the Bills, which means to bet the house on the Fins. I'll take the moneyline at -140 tho, keep it safe...
That wet look was mostly from sweat dripping off fans and players. I hope your house is safe this morning, @Bababooey . My house made a loud THUMP! yesterday afternoon. The sun had finally come out after a few cloudy rainy days. The pecan tree in the front self pruned. I have a project when the sun comes up.

P9120002.JPG

P9120004.JPG

bills just scored and the fins look a little rusty, but the game is just getting started
and now the season is just a bigger question mark. UGH! That was an ugly game. Tua must retire for his damaged brain's sake. Skylar's opportunity has arrived.

Skylar John Thompson (born June 4, 1997) is an American professional football quarterback for the Miami Dolphins of the National Football League (NFL). He played college football for the Kansas State Wildcats and was drafted by the Dolphins in the seventh round of the 2022 NFL draft.

You must have cleaned up on that game, @G.O. Joe .

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
We're on page 420 of our now 5 yr old thread. Werent we supposed to make a new thread every season?

GJ is right, dry aging is an enzymatic reaction, but sometimes there is a little mold growth as well, which helps hasten the reaction. A little mold on food isnt always bad, look at pretty much every cheese or aged ham.
I guess GJ's fan helps control humidity around the meat while it's in a fridge with other foods? I wonder if the same thing could be accomplished for cheaper with a cheap little PC fan hooked up to wires, you could still close the fridge door on small wires and maintain a seal.

Well, both my Fins ML and Reek anytime TD bets didnt hit. The Reek miss was somewhat forgivable but i neglected to do my research and see that the Bills OWNED the Fins last year. This was one instance where the internet mob was right on predicting a Bills win.
However, i will not be taking up position behind the Wendy's dumpster this time, much to Pop's eternal disappointment (sorry, Pops, still not accepting those Buy One, Get One free coupons) because i fortunately have the Bills in a 19 leg parlay this weekend, a whole 2 legs of which have already covered (ASU and Bills). So 17 more legs to go and im back baby!

On a more serious note, holy $hit Buzz, that wasnt great but it could have been a lot worse. Looks like very little damage to ur roof. Other than the work of clearing and chopping it up, seems fairly minor. Just gotta make sure u dont damage the window getting the branch down.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
Premium user
420club
What I have is the "original" from back in the day, which is a plastic box with a fan, racks, and UV light, which you put in the fridge, after assembling it yourself. This was overpriced as well - apparently not enough.
you are a steely eyed meat smoker joe, i knew from day one
/i could smell it on you
good meat isnt cheap and cheap meat insnt good, unless that is your thing
it also has a uv light in it, which kills mold and bacteria, but that thing looks sweet
what else can you cook go'j
i know you can make a mean gravy, do you ever take pics of your food

i heard that loud thump too @buzzmobile, turns out it was tuas head going owwie
ducttape_tua.jpg

like you said, this has become an issue and he needs to look at his future after football
i dont know how his contract is structured but he has been paid so its not about the $$
/rip jr.seau
that looks like a big piece of wood, wink wink
its lucky it dident do any damage to the house, pecan wood is good cooking wood and i hope you can stack some of that up for later
the seasons are changing and i saw the weather hitting the south-east, are you guys getting much rain
its finally starting to feel like fall here and a total 180 from last week with all the heat
i am ready for the cooler temps

@Bababooey
haha 420 pages on a weed forum posting about football, this is a special day
/does not post pic of tua layed out throwing signs
are you feeling buzzed baba?
the shole fins game was a shit show with tua throwing balls to everyone but his guys and then goign head first into the defender
i think buzz is right and tua might not want to come back after this one
hahaha look at who is suddenly all high class and better than the two for one deals in the parking lot
you will be back behind the dumpster in no time
evil-laugh-del-griffith.gif

the season is just getting started and i know you will have some crazy notion about the bears or some other bets
/i do hope you make all the money! then we can get fries
if it greases the...wheels i do have a free 6pc nuggies w/any purchase
otherwise just spit on your hand and remember to always maintain eye contact
so you only took the 17 leg parley? im on a 20 leg journey with montreal going all the way in the cfl, plus i got a few bets on wow matches

Last edited:

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
Yeah, id like to see pics of the steakager v1.0 plus some of its resulting product, if GJ has the time. How much meat is lost when it's aged, like 20-30%? Do u use the trimmings for anything or give them to a pet? I suppose a cat would like it too.

People are talking like he needs to retire, but no, Hawk Tua just needs to learn to slide. Diving forward for extra yds when he already had the first down is a terrible idea when a defender is right ahead.
In answer to ur question, if Tua was medically retired tomorrow the fins would still be on the hook for 120M (like 2.5 yrs of salary), maybe some of that was insured for injury. But im not sure how that works if there's differing opinions from doctors, maybe some say he can play some say he shouldnt. For regular retirements like Megatron the team can seek repayment of some of the signing bonus, which he was pissed about when the lions did that to him.

I heard it was quite hot in socal so glad to hear it's cooling down now. Will u be making some hiking treks to the desert once fall is in full swing? Make ur shepard's pie MREs and take the 4x4 out to the canyons?

You can keep ur nuggies coupon but i'll accept Hawk's $5 off for a reacharound.

Im actually thinking of betting against the bears, they play sunday night at houston and after seeing Tua play a terrible game cause his line couldnt block, i dont think caleb can do much either given the bears interior O line struggles. Ill take Houston +7 please, and i expect the bears defense and special teams wont be able to score 2 TDs again.

Last edited:

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
Premium user
420club
@Bababooey
i like houston and think they could be hot shit this year
the reason you bet is to win and there no shame against betting against your team
you make a great point about if tua went in feet first it would have been a totally different timeline of events; but i guess thats just how he plays
that sounds about right with tuas new contract, he could a'rog out of this season np, but i think a decent portion of his contract is guaranteed so he is still paid even if he never plays another down of football again
he got hurt the other year and came back only to get hurt even more
you can only get so many head owwies and still be ok, especially later in life
so now that hawk has a stack of $5 coupons and all the frosty cash you are "too busy" ,but im not afraid because i know you will be back
oh yeah i have a few road trips in the planning stages

im always up for a desert run plus my nephew just moved back to the us with his family so i might go out and visit them during the holidays when he the time off
plus you know i will have to stop in tx to refuel, before the next leg of the trip, plus buzz is just a dog leg away ....

buzzmobile

Veteran
On a more serious note, holy $hit Buzz, that wasnt great but it could have been a lot worse. Looks like very little damage to ur roof. Other than the work of clearing and chopping it up, seems fairly minor. Just gotta make sure u dont damage the window getting the branch down.
You are right about the could have been worse, and making sure the windows stayed in one piece. Once I removed all of the smaller limbs there was a large stick leaning to the right. I eyeballed it from below and it looked like it would drop very close to the house if I gave it a good shove. It took two good shoves, The butt end landed inches away from the windows and it missed the porch and house. There are several piles of small stuff that I will move to the burn pile for a later date.
P9130001.JPG

that looks like a big piece of wood, wink wink
It is not a big piece anymore, wink wink.

P9130005.JPG

P9130013.JPG

P9130014.JPG

i'll accept Hawk's $5 off for a reacharound.
Is there an app for that?
buzz is just a dog leg away ....
A good dog leg away....

shithawk420

Veteran
Bears are gonna lose tommorow.ill take that bet.this some of the best pork I've ever had.holy shit it was good.seared in a cast iron pan.nice wood pile buzz
20240914_010219.jpg
20240914_010342.jpg

shithawk420

Veteran
This old house can get cold in the winter. Some of that pecan wood will find a spot in friends' grills.

You made my mouth water with the pork chop pictures. Nicely done.
thanks.when i lived in GA we had lots of pecan wood for smoking and grilling. i love it.i think its very under rated

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
Premium user
420club
You are right about the could have been worse, and making sure the windows stayed in one piece. Once I removed all of the smaller limbs there was a large stick leaning to the right. I eyeballed it from below and it looked like it would drop very close to the house if I gave it a good shove. It took two good shoves, The butt end landed inches away from the windows and it missed the porch and house. There are several piles of small stuff that I will move to the burn pile for a later date.
View attachment 19066188

It is not a big piece anymore, wink wink.

View attachment 19066167
View attachment 19066168
View attachment 19066169

Is there an app for that?

A good dog leg away....

look at mr fancy pup peeing in the toilet , good boy
now that looks like my kind of orgy! not one big piece but a bunch of smaller sections (we call that the sanrio surprise), even if you arent cooking with it , pecan wood gives off a great smell and its a good wood to burn
i like your fancy woody wagon,does the mrs know you took it out for a spin? just put it back where you found it and she wont be none the wiser
Bears are gonna lose tommorow.ill take that bet.this some of the best pork I've ever had.holy shit it was good.seared in a cast iron pan.nice wood pile buzz View attachment 19066214 View attachment 19066215
that is a nice looking piece of pork hawk! plus that pan put a great sear on it
#chefs kiss
did i miss how you seasoned that thing up
/where are the sides?!

Last edited:

shithawk420

Veteran
lol you and your damn sides! i was surprised. they came preseasoned from hyvee in a meat sale.i thought they were gonna suck but BAM! damn good shit.normally i hate preseasoned crap but these are great. i made some BLTs and i had to cook these so i just kinda winged it. very good.best pork ive ever had unless im talking grilling. i used at least 2 teaspoons of garlic and butter.very garlicky.it was so good it was gone before i could make any sides.i was gonnamake garlic mashed potatoes and asparagus

shithawk420

Veteran
if i had to guess hyvee preseasoned it with paprika,onion and garlic powder nothing crazy. i just made them to get out of the fridge. i wasnt expecting this.nice surpise.only wat to make it better is if it had a bone.it would be 9/10 meal with rice and veggies

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
Premium user
420club
lol you and your damn sides! i was surprised. they came preseasoned from hyvee in a meat sale.i thought they were gonna suck but BAM! damn good shit.normally i hate preseasoned crap but these are great. i made some BLTs and i had to cook these so i just kinda winged it. very good.best pork ive ever had unless im talking grilling. i used at least 2 teaspoons of garlic and butter.very garlicky.it was so good it was gone before i could make any sides.i was gonnamake garlic mashed potatoes and asparagus
if i had to guess hyvee preseasoned it with paprika,onion and garlic powder nothing crazy. i just made them to get out of the fridge. i wasnt expecting this.nice surpise.only wat to make it better is if it had a bone.it would be 9/10 meal with rice and veggies
right! but the sides round out the meal
/at least give me a tennis ball to chew on
but it looks good, maybe if it had some rice with cucumber dip on the side and a grilled tomato*
ive seen preseasoned meat at the store (vons/aldis) but never tried them out
i might have to try them out now man, the other week chicken shawarma was on sale and that
/plus those use spices i dont have
rice is a super easy side to make hawk and you could throw a hand full of baby carrots into that left over pork grease and season it up( or you could also rinse the pan and steam them)
but that looks awesome and

*now im just f.n with you hawk

PadawanWarrior

I'm about to win $60 off a $10 no sweat bet. 15 game college football parlay. I always bet when they give me no sweat or bonus bets. It's free money. When I joined they gave me like $200 in bonus bets at Draft Kings and I think I got the same from BetMGM. I haven't done many parlay bets but I think I'm liking it, :)

buzzmobile

Veteran
when i lived in GA we had lots of pecan wood for smoking and grilling.
Pecan trees are very generous with their wooden parts. My uncle and his brother had a BBQ restaurant just north of Pensacola. They used only pecan wood for their grill. Sweet smelling smoke and unique flavor is a good combo. On a cold morning the woodstove smoke will perfume the neighborhood.
i like your fancy woody wagon,does the mrs know you took it out for a spin? just put it back where you found it and she wont be none the wiser
LOL! That's her Gorilla Cart and she lets me use it whenever I want. I have to make sure to clean it up and put it back where I found it. It also has a dump body feature which comes in handy when one has to bury the body. Just pull on the handle and lift. Gravity takes over from there.
very garlicky.
That will keep you safe from all the vampires across the river.

In other news, FSU is working on a reverse perfect season. Owen Three joined the team yesterday. The live oaks are giving up on the team. That tree made a lot of shade for many years.

I'm pretty sure the tree on the right is the tree that fell yesterday. I was not able to find a date for the photo.

1726398459808.jpeg

I haven't done many parlay bets but I think I'm liking it, :)
I hope you win lots of money and FSU is a sure thing.

buzzmobile

Veteran
Browns at Jaguars and Broncos at Buccaneers are the 1P games here. I'll be channel jumping to see who's doing what to whom.

Bengals at Chiefs and Ravens at Dallas later should be good games.

shithawk420

Veteran
awe fuck.i woke up too early. Bears aint playing till 7:20.its gonna be a long day.my dad and i agree.we dont like Williams.guess i said that already

yeah buzz.i think the small bbq places down there use pecan wood.im not sure but its a great kinda sweet and mellow wood. i didnt know anything about it till my older buddy started picking it up in his little trailer park.i had a buddy.long story short who was gonna teach me how to smoke in exchange for some weed but he ended up hanging himself in county jail..guess its gonna be a while till i learn how to smoke.id hate to buy a $150 brisket and fuck it up,i guess those Treagers are fool proof but that aint real smoking to me.fucking faggot ass pellets aint smoking. need some real wood like a man.chop thats shit up with an axe

ive got a nice rice cooker/slow cooker and its awesome pops.ill never go back and it was only 45 bucks. only problem is the counter space.freaking love it. wonder how it compares to $200 japanese rice cookers go though.

football boys.guess ill see who is playing at noon

Latest posts

Latest posts