What's new

NFL 2019-2020

shithawk420

Veteran
awe tak it easy.shouldnt have been drinking beer and vidka.its just a xanax i need to stop the shakes.also its blue.probably shoulndt be dinking so much.im only 165

buzzmobile

Veteran
Great tune this morning, @pop_rocks . That was the first vinyl album I bought with a pocket full of small change I earned working my first job as a bag boy.

I never got to see Jimi play.

"I'll never hear surf music again."
The burn piles provide shelter for all sorts of critters. A bunny ran out from one the other day.

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
I think those were Irish football scores, iirc.
Slovakia +1.5 was at -160 or -170 odds i believe, not the greatest odds (pays out less than 1:2) but ur right Pops, so long as they dont lose by more than 1 goal it's a win. I had Spain -1.5 over Georgia (the country, not the State) and they won by 3 goals so they cleared easily, only problem was i parlayed it with the england bet. This is why i dont like parlays lol.

I think Hawk suffers from anxiety sometimes so a benzo might be necessary for him, crushing it up and snorting it isnt the recommended pathway tho but maybe that's how Iowans like to roll.

Is this Von's ur getting the meatleaf at, Pops? The local grocery chain sometimes does pre-made meals, buy one get one free so it's like $3.50 for a meal and theyre decent, it's all kinds including meatleaf, spaghetti, salmon on noodes or rice, etc. Theyre not big enough for 3-4 meals each, unless u eat like a bird.

I think ur house definitely smells like weed, Pops, lol. I thought u had a smoking room tho so the rest of the house doesnt smell?

Do u give the critters a chance to run before starting to burn the pile, Buzz, or do u just see a bunch of animals start running like mad once the flames/smoke start to spread? I guess that's the clearest sign they need to move, once u set their home on fire. "Welp boys, you don't have to go back where u came from, but u can't stay here"

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
I think those were Irish football scores, iirc.
Slovakia +1.5 was at -160 or -170 odds i believe, not the greatest odds (pays out less than 1:2) but ur right Pops, so long as they dont lose by more than 1 goal it's a win. I had Spain -1.5 over Georgia (the country, not the State) and they won by 3 goals so they cleared easily, only problem was i parlayed it with the england bet. This is why i dont like parlays lol.

I think Hawk suffers from anxiety sometimes so a benzo might be necessary for him, crushing it up and snorting it isnt the recommended pathway tho but maybe that's how Iowans like to roll.

Is this Von's ur getting the meatleaf at, Pops? The local grocery chain sometimes does pre-made meals, buy one get one free so it's like $3.50 for a meal and theyre decent, it's all kinds including meatleaf, spaghetti, salmon on noodes or rice, etc. Theyre not big enough for 3-4 meals each, unless u eat like a bird.

I think ur house definitely smells like weed, Pops, lol. I thought u had a smoking room tho so the rest of the house doesnt smell?

Do u give the critters a chance to run before starting to burn the pile, Buzz, or do u just see a bunch of animals start running like mad once the flames/smoke start to spread? I guess that's the clearest sign they need to move, once u set their home on fire. "Welp boys, you don't have to go back where u came from, but u can't stay here"
its how in the days but cool in the nights so i open up the doors to the smoking room and let the air flow
im rolling more joints man! i forgot how much fun they can be
yeah it was vons i got this meat loaf meal from, it was the family meal, for like $10 they had like a 1lb loaf, but for like four bucks extra they had the same thing with green beans and mashed potatoes in a bigger container
i thought it was a good deal, i easily got three meals out of it and still have some left over taters; $3.50 a meal sounds decent for now days; have you seen the price of groceries lately?
i went to the store today and was looking over the premade meals, like you said a lot of fish and noodle things plus a few vegetarian dishes (sprouts)
what i did get was their boars head roast beef sandwich! dbl meat
it was only $1 extra to upgrade to dbl meat and i got the lady to put all the rabbit food in a separate bag! she loaded it up and now im looking at it going thats a side salad to eat with your roast beef sandwich; plus she gave me a huge bag of pickles too!
/its on for lunch today and i will still have sandwich left over for tomorrow

@shithawk420 will be ok man and i can dig him needing medicine to kick the liquor
i was talking toa friend the other night and told her how i was going to just stop drinking
that how you quite something, ill just quit and if i suffer through afew days of hell thats the price i pay
she said i should not do that

@that is from one of my favorite verses from the song, with its majestic and superior cackling hen!

"Although your world wonders me
With your majestic and superior cackling hen
Your people I do not understand
So to you I shall put an end
And you'll
Never hear
Surf music again"

and that boys and girls was how surf music died

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
Have u ever heard of a whole house fan, Pops? It's this big fan mounted in the attic and pulls air through your house's open windos and then vents out the attic. U dont see it in newer homes but it's an old school way of cooling a home without A/C. It doesnt work as well if the evenings arent cool enough tho.

3.50 for a meal of meat and a veg and a starch is definitely a good deal, grocery chains around here do the same with fried/grilled chicken, can get a side and rolls with an 8 or 12 piece.

That's a good idea, have the sandwich fixings served on the side. Did u actually eat it as a salad or did u put it back on the sandwich before eating?

Detoxing from alcohol can be dangerous, u can try going cold turkey but if u start suffering from the DT's (trembling, even hallucinating) you'll want to take a drink or 2 just to calm down, best to wean off that gradually unless ur under medical supervision, in which case they'll pump u full of other drugs to counteract the DTs. Probably best to just reduce the consumption over a week or few days and then quit cold turkey.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
Have u ever heard of a whole house fan, Pops? It's this big fan mounted in the attic and pulls air through your house's open windos and then vents out the attic. U dont see it in newer homes but it's an old school way of cooling a home without A/C. It doesnt work as well if the evenings arent cool enough tho.

3.50 for a meal of meat and a veg and a starch is definitely a good deal, grocery chains around here do the same with fried/grilled chicken, can get a side and rolls with an 8 or 12 piece.

That's a good idea, have the sandwich fixings served on the side. Did u actually eat it as a salad or did u put it back on the sandwich before eating?

Detoxing from alcohol can be dangerous, u can try going cold turkey but if u start suffering from the DT's (trembling, even hallucinating) you'll want to take a drink or 2 just to calm down, best to wean off that gradually unless ur under medical supervision, in which case they'll pump u full of other drugs to counteract the DTs. Probably best to just reduce the consumption over a week or few days and then quit cold turkey.
this is same the advice it got from my friend
she said to take take a count on how much i drink and cut that number down over time
it sounds like good advice and maybe i will have to put myself on a drink count soon
thanks baba

yeah i had it as a salad, when the lady was making the sandwich i told her the onions and peppers were ok to go on the sandwich, but the green stuff i wanted on the side
i ran a knife over the lettuce tomato and cucumber poured it into a bowl and put blue cheese dressing on it
the roast beef was awesome with the peppers and onions and the salad was nice as a side
i ended up going with the boars head meat again, plus got dbl meat for a dollar extra
the lady made the sandwich nice and fat and i still have half a sandwich left over for tomorrow
/or maybe later tonight! we will see

our ac/heater does that, it will just blow air through all the vents but its not heated or cooled air
the pot smell wasnt that bad? or was it
plus i dont really care at that time of night

Last edited:

buzzmobile

Veteran
Do u give the critters a chance to run before starting to burn the pile, Buzz, or do u just see a bunch of animals start running like mad once the flames/smoke start to spread?
I make all kinds of racket before lighting the pile. There have not been a lot of critters running out of the pile. A few rats are all that have taken flight.
that boys and girls was how surf music died
The proof is below.

Have u ever heard of a whole house fan, Pops?
This old house used to have one. The vent space where it was located was turned into an air conditioning return duct. Whole house fans were big in the South. Their design was to pull in cool air from below while exhausting the rising hot air through the attic. A well placed fan creates a gentle breeze flowing through the house. No comparison to AC but it made hot humid summer days bearable. Our house in Homestead was not air conditioned.
Detoxing from alcohol can be dangerous
True words.

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
Im amazed u dont have negative side effects from drinking so much liquor, i know when im deep in the booze i get puffy in the face and my blood sugar goes haywire.

Sounds like a perfect meal, half a sandwich and a side salad. I do like chips (that's crisps to you, superx) with my sandwiches but the salad is healthier, depends on how much blue cheese dressing u doused it with.

Yeah like Buzz said the whole house fan is nice cause it actively pulls in cooler air from outside into the home, there's been plenty of times it got cool at night and i opened up all the windows but if there isnt much of a breeze it takes a LONG time for the cool air to penetrate into the house, the house fan accomplishes the job much quicker.

Not much in NFL news today. Puka nakua, the rams WR who broke the rookie rec yds and receptions record last year, started working out with cooper kupp this year only a couple weeks after their season ended. He worked out with kupp last year during the offseason after being drafted and credits that for his record breaking season, the first week he would puke every day (puka puke?). He also said he ate healthier too, following cooper's recommendation, limiting himself to fast food once a week.

superx

Veteran
Hey pops that sounds like a decent feed buddy, regarding meatloaf, is this a mixture of meat or does it have to be a particular meat or cut. Fond memories of my mother making it when we were young I recall pork and the texture being similar to that of stuffing, for all I know it could of been Alsation or Jack Russell.

Potato chips babba, but crisps, I get ya man. We refer to nuts as crazy people, they come in many flavours 😆 similar to the packets. The swollen/bloated effect from alcohol is water retention, depending on your daily intake and how much one likes to indulge. Your rite about the benzos, these can be prescribed by your doctor to help with the shakes/nausea/ cold sweats and the feeling of being violently ill. If your not dependent on it, your best just to quit without the medication. Your liver will repair itself, I know people who became addicted to benzos from quitting alcohol, (though I dont recall anybody snorting them) especially xanax, I guess snorting them will have a quicker affect.

Did any body watch Portugal v solvenia last night ? Ronaldo had a penalty saved and he started crying 🤣
What a absolute clampet, needless to say Portugal went on to win the match after extra time and penalties and some heroics from there goalkeeper.. The euros is much more interesting now we have reached the knockout stages, squeaky bum time on the horizon....

I still fancy Spain to win the competition outright, you would of got serious odds on them from the start.
Conor mc gregor (gobshite) apparently has a hundred grand on spain to win it. He would of got a nice price on them from the start, I guess he can also afford to lose 100 gs ...

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
American meatloaf is usually ground (minced) beef mixed with breadcrumbs, minced onions, eggs and seasoning. Press that into a bread loaf pan and top with ketchup and then bake till cooked through.

Not that much different than eating a burger patty, I guess, but with more filler and seasoning. Also it’s often topped with a beef gravy when served.

I know Pops makes meatloaf sometimes but I think ive only made it like once in my life? I probably should try it again, but im fine with just eating a burger patty with sides (mashed potatoes, bread rolls etc) usually, throw some bbq sauce on top of the patty im a happy camper.

I didn’t watch the euros yesterday, was saving myself to watch the US lose in dispiriting fashion vs Uruguay last night, but I heard about the portugal game, won a bit on slovenia +1.5 (-300 or so odds?). Needless to say ill be betting against Portugal when they face France on Friday.
Ronaldo is just a shadow of his previous form but at least he's getting one last bag from the saudi league.

You don’t like McGregor? I really liked him when he burst on the scene almost 10 yrs ago, now he’s a bit full of himself yeah? I just wish he'd fight again, although his days as a champion contender are over i would like to see him at least try.

Spain faces Germany on Friday as well, Id say germany would be my pick to win the euros, which means spain is likely to win. Odds are about even for both (+160 ML for Spain, +170 Germany).

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
the rats can burn for all i care @buzzmobile and im sure most other animals will high tail it out of there as soon as you start making that noise
occasionally i will set up a box fan in one door blowing in and another blowing out another door in the house, but this summer has been pretty tame so far
i cant wait till aug/sep, those are the hottest months here in san diego with oct being hot in the days but cooling off at night
did you ever get into that closet and see what you have jared up
man, im all about smoking this old stuff in joints now, but they to hold off until the evenings because of the smell
@Bababooey im sure im a little puffy around the eyes but i just dont really feel any after effect from all my drinking
i dont really get hangovers, never did , but sometimes my legs will sweat at night (???) weird huh?
yeah it was a pretty good deal, especially with the free side salad and all the pickles she gave me
i do have potato chips! thats another reason why i like sprouts is you can get a big bag of chips (crisps? right superx) for cheap
/they had two big bags for $5 i got the dill pickle and just regular
i was hoping the had the salt and vinegar ones but was out of luck
plus i still had some fried potato wedges from the other night (those would be chips, right super?)
no really following any soccer but i enjoyed that football story about puke'a nakua
if you ever done a really hard workout you know what its like
im not a fan of conner and after that last joke of a fight he isnt going to fight again
he isnt going to put in the work for a real fight and any other dog and pony show isnt going to pay out nearly as much
he can just sit back on his millions now and be a s'head
/not a bad life
@superx
yeah baba pretty much ran the recipe down, ground meats with bread crumbs, we used to use rice as well and ive heard of some with oatmeal in it
its a simple dish that has a good taste i crave from time to time
because its just me now i dont want to make them much anymore but the deal was decent and i got a few meals out of it
/i tihnk i still have a piece left over
yeah im not going to aska dr for drugs to help me stop drinking, just like everything else i decided it was time to quit, i will just quit
but i do believe this tapering off thing could be the way to go

superx

Veteran
Hey babba, nothing against Mc gregor personally i just think his head is buried to far up his ass.
I also liked him when he first burst on to the scene after that Aldo fight, alot has changed from then.
He's been battered 6 or 7 times from then, unfortunately he can't walk the talk anymore, doesn't stop him talking shyte though, talking shyte sells tickets and puts bums on seats.. (fans love it) they both go hand in hand.

Ronaldo is arguably one of the greatest footballers of all time, he's obviously way past his expiry date.
Martinez, the Portugal manager is afraid to either drop him or substitute him based on his status.
The manager says he made the team on merit. He's almost 40 years of age, cant make those runs anymore and finds himself dropping deeper and deeper on the pitch. Portugal had 2 strikers sitting on the bench last night, Felix who plays for Barcelona and Ramos who plays for PSG, 2 great players, the manager unfortunately is afraid to bring Ronaldo off, he never looked like scoring last night and should of been dragged off for the sake of the team.. I followed Manchester United for years and remember his raw talent making his debut at 18 years old, you just knew back then what a special talent he was going to be.

Not sure what those odds mean Babba, (+160 ml for spain) +170 for German, must be 2-1 odds or even money? For sure man, I think whatever team down Spain will go on to win it, its really difficult to look beyond Spain or Germany... Just watching Austria v Turkey as I type, Turkey took a early lead and are currently leading 1-0, I fancied Austria to win this game, still along way to go so we will see.

That meat loaf dish sounds nice, versatile and would go with anything...

superx

Veteran
the rats can burn for all i care @buzzmobile and im sure most other animals will high tail it out of there as soon as you start making that noise
occasionally i will set up a box fan in one door blowing in and another blowing out another door in the house, but this summer has been pretty tame so far
i cant wait till aug/sep, those are the hottest months here in san diego with oct being hot in the days but cooling off at night
did you ever get into that closet and see what you have jared up
man, im all about smoking this old stuff in joints now, but they to hold off until the evenings because of the smell
@Bababooey im sure im a little puffy around the eyes but i just dont really feel any after effect from all my drinking
i dont really get hangovers, never did , but sometimes my legs will sweat at night (???) weird huh?
yeah it was a pretty good deal, especially with the free side salad and all the pickles she gave me
i do have potato chips! thats another reason why i like sprouts is you can get a big bag of chips (crisps? right superx) for cheap
/they had two big bags for $5 i got the dill pickle and just regular
i was hoping the had the salt and vinegar ones but was out of luck
plus i still had some fried potato wedges from the other night (those would be chips, right super?)
no really following any soccer but i enjoyed that football story about puke'a nakua
if you ever done a really hard workout you know what its like
im not a fan of conner and after that last joke of a fight he isnt going to fight again
he isnt going to put in the work for a real fight and any other dog and pony show isnt going to pay out nearly as much
he can just sit back on his millions now and be a s'head
/not a bad life
@superx
yeah baba pretty much ran the recipe down, ground meats with bread crumbs, we used to use rice as well and ive heard of some with oatmeal in it
its a simple dish that has a good taste i crave from time to time
because its just me now i dont want to make them much anymore but the deal was decent and i got a few meals out of it
/i tihnk i still have a piece left over
yeah im not going to aska dr for drugs to help me stop drinking, just like everything else i decided it was time to quit, i will just quit
but i do believe this tapering off thing could be the way to go
Hey pops, I will give the meatloaf a try and post a pic, I like the sounds of oatmeal and rice that probably helps baulk the dish as do the breadcrumbs and the eggs for binding.i will definitely give it a lash.. Any left overs can be scoffed the following day, so it won't go to waste...

Good luck stopping the drink, (any particular reason?) I was off it for a good while years back, I just got bored of it and everything in life started to revolve around it. I lost a lot of shit back then because of it, (I won't bore you with the details) for me it became a problem when it started to affect other people. I mainly drank spirits.. What I did was set a date in my mind to stop, I remember Sunday was the day I would quit.
Which was 6 or 7 days away, there was a mental build up to that day, but when Sunday arrived my body clock went off, (I was mentally prepared for the day) and having strong willpower I quit, I was off it for over 4 years, I took up running (something that I never done) and actually went OCD on it, and would clock up over 20ks a week, dropped down in weight from 14 stone to 9 and a half stone with in 6 months.
I'm over 6ft in height so looked very gaunt at 9st, but felt amazing and really fit... Lots of friends and venues (pub, bars etc) I avoided simply for the temptation.. When I started to socialise after 6 months a lot of my friends thought I was taking Herion because I lost so much weight 😆

I no longer run, but took up strength and conditioning classes and would weight train 5days a week with some cardio. I'm back up to 13 stone through muscle and not fluid... Regarding alcohol (present day) I can take it or leave it, once or twice a month I will have a whiskey or 2 with herself. I'm content with that , some months I will have nothing..

Find something to take up your time, one day off drink turns in to two then a week then a month. You will definitely notice the difference in your health physically and mentally.

The AA I find are a fucking cult, they put you on the edge of a cliff and tell you that you will always be on the edge of that cliff. (just waiting to fall off) and preach that you will always be an alcoholic for the remainder of your days...I call it bullshit (I'm sure they have helped lots of people) in my eyes you cease becoming an alcoholic when you stop drinking, (not saying that you are an alcoholic) I'm referring to my good old self back in the day buddy.

Now, what did I do with that bottle of black barrel Jameson's. 🤣 ( it's good I can joke about it)

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
Hey pops, I will give the meatloaf a try and post a pic, I like the sounds of oatmeal and rice that probably helps baulk the dish as do the breadcrumbs and the eggs for binding.i will definitely give it a lash.. Any left overs can be scoffed the following day, so it won't go to waste...

Good luck stopping the drink, (any particular reason?) I was off it for a good while years back, I just got bored of it and everything in life started to revolve around it. I lost a lot of shit back then because of it, (I won't bore you with the details) for me it became a problem when it started to affect other people. I mainly drank spirits.. What I did was set a date in my mind to stop, I remember Sunday was the day I would quit.
Which was 6 or 7 days away, there was a mental build up to that day, but when Sunday arrived my body clock went off, (I was mentally prepared for the day) and having strong willpower I quit, I was off it for over 4 years, I took up running (something that I never done) and actually went OCD on it, and would clock up over 20ks a week, dropped down in weight from 14 stone to 9 and a half stone with in 6 months.
I'm over 6ft in height so looked very gaunt at 9st, but felt amazing and really fit... Lots of friends and venues (pub, bars etc) I avoided simply for the temptation.. When I started to socialise after 6 months a lot of my friends thought I was taking Herion because I lost so much weight 😆

I no longer run, but took up strength and conditioning classes and would weight train 5days a week with some cardio. I'm back up to 13 stone through muscle and not fluid... Regarding alcohol (present day) I can take it or leave it, once or twice a month I will have a whiskey or 2 with herself. I'm content with that , some months I will have nothing..

Find something to take up your time, one day off drink turns in to two then a week then a month. You will definitely notice the difference in your health physically and mentally.

The AA I find are a fucking cult, they put you on the edge of a cliff and tell you that you will always be on the edge of that cliff. (just waiting to fall off) and preach that you will always be an alcoholic for the remainder of your days...I call it bullshit (I'm sure they have helped lots of people) in my eyes you cease becoming an alcoholic when you stop drinking, (not saying that you are an alcoholic) I'm referring to my good old self back in the day buddy.

Now, what did I do with that bottle of black barrel Jameson's. 🤣 ( it's good I can joke about it)
thanks brother! ive quit drinking a couple times and always found solace in exercise
i have no reason to stop now, it was just something i was thinking about
i have never had problems in life from drinking for the most part, but its something i think i could do to make my life better
i agree that aa is a cult
i had a friend who used to be called "drinking buddy" who ended up going that route
a few years later i hear from him and he is telling me about how hes been sober for all this time and this and that
but he need to say he is sorry and all this crap, im like what are you talking about man, we are all men and you dont have to say sorry to me for anything
we end up meeting up for burgers and he gives me this book
it felt like meeting with mormons

but i appreciate the advice man! and cant wait for sqweeky bum time to begin!
so how does @Bababooey have money on today?

and where is my man @G.O. Joe

superx

Veteran
Not sure Babba has been placing bets on the euros,

Final whistle has gone, congratulations to Turkey, what a magnificent game.. (2-1)

Was end to end football, brilliant game and possibly the best game I have watched at the euros..
The Turkish goalkeeper made a world class save in the dying seconds of the game to deny the Austrians drawing level, what a save.

Highlight of the tournament, Istanbul will be partying like mad, the turks know how to let loose.

The match is worth watching guys even if you have no interest in the tournament.

buzzmobile

Veteran
Ronaldo had a penalty saved and he started crying 🤣
Yeah, those years begin to add up and slow down.
Conor mc gregor (gobshite)
Agreed. Exciting early career that went off the rails.
the rats can burn for all i care
Is this you, @pop_rocks ?

this vietnamese guy is crazy
Wow!!! My thought watching that was, "How many times did he get whacked getting that good?" Nice finish too.

It's your turn, @shithawk420 .

shithawk420

Veteran
just now starting to get back to somewhat normal after my little binge. I couldnt walk and laid in bed for at least 12 hours. Got about 12 beers to feel a little better. Ive been through way worse.

think ive had meatloaf one time where someone made it and its wasnt bad. Only meatloaf i ever liked was those Boston Markets and they were more like salisbury steak. Ive got some beef ribs im gonna braise but probably not today. last thing i ate was a taco bell pizza and i dont even remember what day that was. My mom said she liked the cheezit thing.

and i almost didnt catch that baba. Im from IL and kinda proud of it for some reason. although somehow i just knew i would live in IA one day. Its not so bad. their laws here are much better. IL is so fuking corrupt They can make NY politician blush

Last edited:

shithawk420

Veteran
this vietnamese guy is crazy @shithawk420

how have you been man?

yeah hes good but thats not a real nunchaku. you couldnt spin it like that if you wanted to. Its stuff liike that where people think nunchaku is a gimmick. i gaurantee i could kill the average pesrson with one in less than a second.anyone who has held a real one knows how fuking heavey they are. still i like to see those vids. I can do some fancy knife twirling but ill break something with those chuks. looks like real light aluminim and id break a window.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts