What's new

New to Cape Town, but not to ICMAG

funkstarfish

Hello all, long time head here from the Pacific Northwest USA, now transplanted to Cape Town SA for my wife's work. just looking to connect with like minded individuals. Cape Town is amazing so far, but sure could be more amazing...

What sort of stuff should i expect and how hard is it to find danks? smoked my share of dirty mexi weed, want to avoid the crap.

back home we legally grow trainwreck, OG kush, bb x northern lights, g-13 and more.

Peace and grow on

mustaineaddict

I'm currently visiting Cape Town from the states. I heard that there is a local headshop in town called Little Amsterdam. Directly above it is a place called "African Village" where they have the "goods". Is this true, and if so how can I go about purchasing at this store.

Thanks, and btw Cape Town is an incredible city!

mustaineaddict

lol sorry if that did sound a little snitchy and sketch. I kinda realized afterwards, but seriously i'm not a 5-0, just new to these forums, but not to toking.

little A-dam exists, I'll say that much. Don't know about the business upstairs, but honestly, it's so easy to find what your after all around you. Just ask around, talk to locals etc. Just make sure you use good judgment in regards to who you ask and you'll soon be pointed in the right direction.

funkstarfish, Welcome to SA mate! Smoking is quite liberal here but still illegal of course. Smoke were you please just keep it on the down low so to speak. Not in front of cops and most "normal" people and generally not in very public places. I smoke wherever I please if it's possible, just use a lil pipe in a well ventilated area and in a few seconds I'm well medicated and ready to go lol.

Police will bust you if they can. Most times you can get off with warnings, confiscations and often bribes ask for by the pigs if you get caught with a little ammount. The staple here is low quality mass produced Swazi weed and is often carried in a swollen bank coin bag or "Bankie". This is a usual ammount to find people carrying on them. But still try to avoid carrying this much which shouldent be a problem if your standards are higher and you blaze the "Chronic" (Street name for any and all quality hybrid strains, indoor and out) which comes in smaller sections. AKA chrono, chrons.

Prices differ greatly depending on the source, quality and strain.
Local strains are usually the cheapest. Like I said, Swazi is the staple here and usually goes for R50 - R100 rand a Bankie (bank bag)
Really bad, often laced with all sorts of shit, weed called Jat or majat (pronounced j-u-t) Mostly low grade lesotho. Really jus powder with LOTS of seeds and sticks. Gets you off your nut and not in the good way. STAY AWAY!
"Chronic", generic term for any good quality hybrid or just really good bud.
Ranges from R100 rand a bankie, R150 a bankie, R200 a bankie sometimes more. Better quality comes in Grams. Starts from R10 a G outdoors, R30 a G outdoors, R50 a G outdoors. The best outdoor is no more than R80 a G. Indoor goes from R100 a G standard "chronic" indoor to R120 above average or something special, mostly only hydro is R120 a gram being the most your likely to pay for the best indoor.

And everything inbertween. BTW, the term chronic has nothing to do with the strain Chronic. You may just get some chronic Chronic lol.

Hope that helps you out a little and enjoy this beatifull country.
Ah

Jedi

"Madam, Miss Otis regrets, she's unable to lunch t
ICMag Donor
Just ask around, talk to locals etc. Just make sure you use good judgment in regards to who you ask and you'll soon be pointed in the right direction.
Ah

whatever you do.....dont trust anybody(by default)

they will rip u off if the get half a chance(specialy on the steets)...

Sorry to say ,.........but i,ve been a victim many a times

funkstarfish

hey guys, sorry its been a while. i like cape town. theres nothing upstairs fomr that head shop that i could tell, looks like construction. I have found stuff here and there but its not exactly growing on trees or anything. just be smart about it and be friendly and good things happen. i mostly avoid downtown cape town. i stick to my own neighborhood.

fizzy187

massive hello from Europe (thus far). I hope you have a lovely time in Cape bru. The best advice I can give is speak to a local security officer (like a guard for public schooling) they will run of with your Rands and come back with matchboxes full of whatever you ask for. Just my 2pence hehe.

Cheers!!

Avoid Greenmarket sqaure and town central touristy areas... There are cameras around and I have been searched because of these many years back.

But generally its very chilled in CT. Enjoy!

Wilson!

HighYa Funk,

We're in Olympia,Wa. My wife is from Capetown. We went a few years back. The flight is from hell. :1help: lol

She has family in Capetown. It's a beautiful city. The people are great.

cheers,

Latest posts

Latest posts