What's new

NEW FORMULA Masterblend 0-12-24 Is This The Best Option in 2023???

Well this thread went off the deep end. 🤦🏻‍♂️ Got the organic growers chiming in talking about Hype. Nobody here has shown any actual data. No leaf tissue analysis, no water samples, not shit. Bunch of bro science. Keep buying watered down bottled nutrients.

benm5678

I just ordered 4lb of 0-12-24 from their closeout. Once I opened it noticed a very strong chemical/disinfectant smell from inside of container... kinda reminds me of a hospital room, not sure how to place it. Is this normal? I don't smell much from the original masterblend. Appearance is almost like wet blue clumped salt. Thanks for any advice!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 18
I just ordered 4lb of 0-12-24 from their closeout. Once I opened it noticed a very strong chemical/disinfectant smell from inside of container... kinda reminds me of a hospital room, not sure how to place it. Is this normal? I don't smell much from the original masterblend. Appearance is almost like wet blue clumped salt. Thanks for any advice!
I guess it had a smell. I had a 25 lb bag so I got used to it. I had really great results using that formula at a 5/3 ratio with cal/nit. I also used my tap and that had enough mg in it to not need to add anymore because it’s already in that formula. If you’re using RO I would add a half gram per gallon.

benm5678

I guess it had a smell. I had a 25 lb bag so I got used to it. I had really great results using that formula at a 5/3 ratio with cal/nit. I also used my tap and that had enough mg in it to not need to add anymore because it’s already in that formula. If you’re using RO I would add a half gram per gallon.
Thanks for sharing, good to know. My concern is that when I asked the vendor he said the fertilizer does not have much of an odor at all, but they sanitize the outside of container with 409, which isn't what or where I'm smelling it from (outside has zero smell).

hyposomniac

Veteran
I had a bag of 5 12 26 that was Iike moist beach sand and it smelled like aged wet socks.. worked great though. Anyway I thought this new shit wasn't supposed to be moist

I had a bag of 5 12 26 that was Iike moist beach sand and it smelled like aged wet socks.. worked great though. Anyway I thought this new shit wasn't supposed to be moist
It’s not moist. It’s clumping up because of the magnesium sulfate. They took that out of the new mix and it’s super clean and don’t clump at all. As for the smells. I mix a stock concentrate with a magnetic mixer and boiled water then pour that into my reservoir. When mixed you can definitely smell the nutrients.

benm5678

It’s not moist. It’s clumping up because of the magnesium sulfate. They took that out of the new mix and it’s super clean and don’t clump at all. As for the smells. I mix a stock concentrate with a magnetic mixer and boiled water then pour that into my reservoir. When mixed you can definitely smell the nutrients.
Thanks, I wonder if the vendor also got used to it, so doesn't seem like it smells anymore. I feel safer trying it now that I see some are still alive to talk about it. I ordered the old just since I saw more information about it.... someone suggested 4g 0-12-24, 3.25g calnit, .75g epsom per gallon... if anyone has better suggestion for DWC and tap water (my ppm in Colorado is ~100) -- I change reservoir weekly, and top it daily with 5.8ph water (this technique worked nicely with GH 3-part series)

Gooseman23

Thanks, I wonder if the vendor also got used to it, so doesn't seem like it smells anymore. I feel safer trying it now that I see some are still alive to talk about it. I ordered the old just since I saw more information about it.... someone suggested 4g 0-12-24, 3.25g calnit, .75g epsom per gallon... if anyone has better suggestion for DWC and tap water (my ppm in Colorado is ~100) -- I change reservoir weekly, and top it daily with 5.8ph water (this technique worked nicely with GH 3-part series)
That’s green gene on YouTube that recommends that mix. It works fine. But i switch it up in flower. Also in coco I don’t run at 5.8 PH, I find best results 6.0-6.2 personally. So if you run into any issues in flower that’s the first thing I would adjust. I used to run 5.8 but started noticing certain cultivars like a little higher ph in flower. They were all good on that in veg but during flower was when I noticed it. But no issues at 6.0-6.2
Anyway in flower at week 4 I reduce the cal nit to 3 g/gal
Week 5 2.75 g/gal
Week 6 2.5g/gal
Week 7 onwards 2g/gal
You can keep MB at 4g/gal throughout or if you want to boost I’ll run it 4.5-5g/gal week 4-6. Then take it back down to 4g/gal
And yea use the epsom at .75 but if you start a boost and giving 5g/gal then you probably don’t need it at that point, and if you are only boosting 4.5g/gal you can just do .5g/gal epsom.
Also I run Mr Fulvic a 1ml/gal all the way through.

benm5678

Thanks for reply - buds look good. I only used the 0-12-24 for a bit near end of flower... didn't kill the plants, but due to the combination of medicinal smell, fact that nuts do not fully dissolve in hot water & horrible customer service, I got Jacks 5-12-26 instead -- not sure how it'll perform yet, but from mixing it today at least it has 0 smell and fully dissolves.

Gooseman23

Thanks for reply - buds look good. I only used the 0-12-24 for a bit near end of flower... didn't kill the plants, but due to the combination of medicinal smell, fact that nuts do not fully dissolve in hot water & horrible customer service, I got Jacks 5-12-26 instead -- not sure how it'll perform yet, but from mixing it today at least it has 0 smell and fully dissolves.
Nothing wrong with that. Jacks is good. I don’t have no problem mixing my master blend and I don’t even use hot water. But use what works for you. Jacks is proven for sure.